Do you wonder why McConnell decided to get out of the dems way in passing their 3.5T bill?

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard

Democrats to commit publicly to raising the statutory borrowing limit by a specific amount. That dollar figure will almost assuredly be used in campaign ads against Democratic incumbents ahead of the 2022 midterm elections.

Democrats also will need to vote again later this year to raise the debt ceiling. That timing could plow into continued wrestling over a bipartisan infrastructure bill and the Democrats’ efforts to enact trillions of dollars in social spending. McConnell’s maneuver this week could prove advantageous for his party.

Democrats to commit publicly to raising the statutory borrowing limit by a specific amount. That dollar figure will almost assuredly be used in campaign ads against Democratic incumbents ahead of the 2022 midterm elections.

Democrats also will need to vote again later this year to raise the debt ceiling. That timing could plow into continued wrestling over a bipartisan infrastructure bill and the Democrats’ efforts to enact trillions of dollars in social spending. McConnell’s maneuver this week could prove advantageous for his party.

There was definitely some 69ing going on.

Congressional LIFERS on BOTH SIDES are scum.

Same outcome....only the letters after their name are different.

feinsteindianne_grahamlindsey_101420gn_lead.jpg

Look at Graham hugging Feinstein.

VOMITOUS.

Fuck the lot of em.

I think the gop is betting on Americans getting really pissed when they see the bill all those free Bernie Sanders Puppies actually cost.

Mitch probably got a couple dozen billion dollars thrown at Kentucky.

Not a whole lot Mitch can do at the moment.

He'll have more to say once the bill comes up for a full vote by the Senate.

There was definitely some 69ing going on.

Congressional LIFERS on BOTH SIDES are scum.

Same outcome....only the letters after their name are different.

feinsteindianne_grahamlindsey_101420gn_lead.jpg

Look at Graham hugging Feinstein.

VOMITOUS.

Fuck the lot of em.

yet you keep voting for them....

Mitch probably got a couple dozen billion dollars thrown at Kentucky.
LOL

Mitch is a great vote counter, but he was getting in the Dems' way as they were eviscerating themselves with a bill that would increase the debt and takes away incentives to work. I don't pay attention to Trump, aside to notice he didn't like what McConnell did (shocked I am). I am not surprised that the gop wants the media focus on the bill itself, and not the gop's potentially putting us in default.

Get out of the way of the democrat 3.5 T bill? An exaggeration don't you think? Republicans might allow the debit ceiling increase but it has nothing to do with the six volume pork bill.

whitehall
I agree. I don't see the Reps voting for that monster bill. I think these idiots think money grows on trees.

If they wanted the 45% for infrastructure no problem. Its the rest of the bill that a crock of shit. A hodge podge of expensive green shit and more social programs we don't need.

LOL

Mitch is a great vote counter, but he was getting in the Dems' way as they were eviscerating themselves with a bill that would increase the debt and takes away incentives to work. I don't pay attention to Trump, aside to notice he didn't like what McConnell did (shocked I am). I am not surprised that the gop wants the media focus on the bill itself, and not the gop's potentially putting us in default.
I have not yet found an incentive by the govt. to not work.

and not the gop's potentially putting us in default.
By that logic, if I decided to shoot myself in the foot and someone standing there refused to try to stop me, THEY would be guilty of pulling the trigger. Nah...

I agree.

Mitch got what he wanted...an increase with a concrete dollar amount to point to...not a blank check for the Dems.

That was the goal... and he achieved it.

And I also agree when the enemy is fighting itself... The best thing to do is get out of the way.

IMO...and you may not agree... Mitch and the Republicans don't want to give the MEDIA anything political to pivot to.

Make Dem on Dem attacks the only game it town.

I have not yet found an incentive by the govt. to not work.
IF a two earner middle class family making ... say 90K before the pandemic can now get increased tax credits, and a pay raise for a fully employed spouse, do you thing some spouses will op to stay home, or work part time?

I rare insight among liberals, but I never thought you were as dogmatic as some others.

IF a two earner middle class family making ... say 90K before the pandemic can now get increased tax credits, and a pay raise for a fully employed spouse, do you thing some spouses will op to stay home, or work part time?
It's is a personal choice which one they choose.

Biden's bill increases the marriage penalty.

Forum List

Back