Do you travel for the place or the people?

I haven't traveled extensively but when I do I'm more interested in the place than the people. My next trip is going to be Italy I think because I have always been fascinated by the Renaissance period. People like Galileo, Da Vinci and Michelangelo have always been important historical figures to me.

I want to see the things that interest me more than I want to meet people. On my last trip all I really cared about seeing was some Incan ruins and the rain forest. I'm not into shopping or food or other tourist trap shit. I usually research what I want to see, museums and where to stay in the areas I visit and such

I am quite an extreme introvert anyway but I was wondering how you more seasoned travelers approach a trip.
Drugz and sex are my preferred choices.

River cruise. The boat is your all-included motel. In the morning you go on a tour; in the afternoon, you can wander all around the town doing anything you want. Then back to the boat, and off to the next city or town. No river cruiser has ever felt "trapped."

River cruise. The boat is your all-included motel. In the morning you go on a tour; in the afternoon, you can wander all around the town doing anything you want. Then back to the boat, and off to the next city or town. No river cruiser has ever felt "trapped."
Then you are on someone else's time table.

I like to be able to change my itinerary if something catches my eye

I haven't traveled extensively but when I do I'm more interested in the place than the people. My next trip is going to be Italy I think because I have always been fascinated by the Renaissance period. People like Galileo, Da Vinci and Michelangelo have always been important historical figures to me.

I want to see the things that interest me more than I want to meet people. On my last trip all I really cared about seeing was some Incan ruins and the rain forest. I'm not into shopping or food or other tourist trap shit. I usually research what I want to see, museums and where to stay in the areas I visit and such

I am quite an extreme introvert anyway but I was wondering how you more seasoned travelers approach a trip.
I always enjoy meeting different cultures , lifestyle , people. Even though I am more a Democrat I actually love the southern states. I love the people, the food, and the hospitality. I might even one day try to relocate to Phoenix, Arizona or Texas. I would love living in Southern California, but at this time can only visit due to how expensive California is.

I love taking trips to Mexico. l love Mexican Food, the people, the history of Mexico.

It seems that you prioritize historical and cultural landmarks over social interactions when you travel. Italy is a great destination for those seeking rich historical and cultural experiences. Experienced travelers who share this interest tend to exhibit certain traits and follow specific tips, such as:
  • Researching the sites they want to visit
  • Planning an itinerary, and immersing themselves in the local culture.
  • They also consider guided tours or audio guides to enhance their experience.
  • Pack light and comfortable clothing, and use technology to their advantage.
  • While they may not be interested in extensive social interaction, learning a few basic phrases in the local language can enhance their experience and show respect for the culture.

The Place......Golf, Beaches, Mountains, Shopping, Entertainment, FOOD Places, Gambling and Music ( Gruene Hall - Texas' Oldest Dance Hall )
All things ^^^^ I enjoy.

The People.......Of Course, but While I'm visiting the Loved Ones, if there is a "Place" then we will go visit.

It seems that you prioritize historical and cultural landmarks over social interactions when you travel. Italy is a great destination for those seeking rich historical and cultural experiences. Experienced travelers who share this interest tend to exhibit certain traits and follow specific tips, such as:
  • Researching the sites they want to visit
  • Planning an itinerary, and immersing themselves in the local culture.
  • They also consider guided tours or audio guides to enhance their experience.
  • Pack light and comfortable clothing, and use technology to their advantage.
  • While they may not be interested in extensive social interaction, learning a few basic phrases in the local language can enhance their experience and show respect for the culture.
I know how to ask for a beer in 6 languages

That's all I need

For me, traveling is about the people. Exploring new places is exciting, but it's the connections with locals and fellow travelers that truly enrich my experiences. Whether it's sharing stories over a meal, learning about different cultures, or making new friends from around the world, it's the human connections that make travel meaningful and unforgettable.

I travel to remote wilderness areas to avoid people. People seem to make a habit of screwing up economies and screwing over other people.

Excellent question! I hadn't thought of it this way.

I have to say I do both. I travel to see family, and we go camping to be in the place.

The girlfriend and I travel to Gran Canaria every two to three years in November because of the weather, food, and the feel of the country. It's 4 1/2 hours flight from Manchester, UK.

We never go to places because of the people, but for the food, weather, architecture, distance etc..

I would say the answer is we travel for both.

Also, trying the local food is a big part of our travels.

Forum List

Back