Do you think the lefts new cultural standards are going to become the norm?

Nearly each day we hear about some high profile or media personality being canceled for something they said or did in their distant past. People having their lives turned upside down because of things they said or did as a teenager or young adult. You know, that point in ALL OUR LIVES where we say or do stupid shit in a rebellious manner as we all seek out our own individualism/identity. Something that the new left seem to find HIGHLY offensive (individualism)

Just imagine us if we were younger and the internet existed during our formative years.

Most of us were fully grown by the time the internet came around but what would happen if our identities and posts on USMB were exposed and connected to us as individuals?
Our online personas do not define who we are. For me they are a mere outlet to be snarky without the chance that anyone actually gets personally injured or offended. Yeah, I have some opinions that don't mesh with others. We all do. At some point the pendulum will swing back and YOU may wind up on the cancel block. Our individualism is what makes us a unique species. Seeking to destroy that will lead to our downfall.

Can we recover from this cancer that is currently consuming us?
Carano was right - it's like what happened in nazi Germany
..if it does change , it will take a long time
..'''leftist''' communities are shitholes---and the Dems AGREE with that stupidshit culture ....look at California - high priced-high poverty.....''leftists''' cities high murder rates/etc

...we don't have any leaders like Mr Trump who stood for COMMON sense/etc.....he wasn't AFRAID to tell the truth
Dotard? Common sense?
The moron looked directly into a solar eclipse.
Couldn't figure out how an umbrella works, after 70 years.
Ordered cold hamburgers for athletes at the WH.
Threw paper towels to hurricane victims.
Used his trusty sharpie to redirect another.
Saluted a N. Korean general.
Pretending he is driving a truck at the WH, complete with sounds a 5 year old would make.
Person, woman, man, camera, TV?

Dotard wouldn't know the truth, if it fell on him.
Might get a refresher course when he goes to trial(s)

He is older? Is Bruce Willis’ career where it was before?

Come on, man, the Jews cancelled him and you know it.

Take pride in it. Enjoy it.
Nope. Just because you’re deranged doesn’t mean I have to feed into your derangement. Same with trans. Cause they can’t live with the fact that one cannot change ones gender doesn’t mean I have to feed their delusions. You conveniently deflected on Bruce Willis. Noted.

Nope. Just because you’re deranged doesn’t mean I have to feed into your derangement. Same with trans. Cause they can’t live with the fact that one cannot change ones gender doesn’t mean I have to feed their delusions. You conveniently deflected on Bruce Willis. Noted.

Bruce Willis had Seven IMDB credits in 2019. He's done some fairly major films in the last decade, including Looper, the Expendables 2, RED 2, Death Wish, and there's even a Die Hard sequel upcoming.

Gibson, on the other hand, had a six year gap in his resume, (2004 - 2010) after the Jews cancelled him, and after that he's been in D-list productions.

I'm not sure what your obsessions with Trans people is. It's not like anything they are doing is actually bothering you.

Bruce Willis had Seven IMDB credits in 2019. He's done some fairly major films in the last decade, including Looper, the Expendables 2, RED 2, Death Wish, and there's even a Die Hard sequel upcoming.

Gibson, on the other hand, had a six year gap in his resume, (2004 - 2010) after the Jews cancelled him, and after that he's been in D-list productions.

I'm not sure what your obsessions with Trans people is. It's not like anything they are doing is actually bothering you.
Gibson also did an Expendables movie. And those B movies for Willis are pretty sad. Trans bother me because they are forcing my daughters to compete in sports vs trans girls, which is unfair. I have explained this to you like 100x.

Leftists slapped Mel on the wrist. Didn’t cancel him.

Gibson also did an Expendables movie. And those B movies for Willis are pretty sad.

which he was in for like five seconds... Most of those Willis movies were pretty good for B films. Mel isn't even doing D-films right now after the Jews cancelled him.

Trans bother me because they are forcing my daughters to compete in sports vs trans girls, which is unfair. I have explained this to you like 100x.

And how many Trans athletes are they competing against? I mean, the way you carry on, you'd think there were like thousands of Trans athletes competing in these girls' sports no one cares about if they weren't offering scholarships.

Jews cancel him. I'm not sure why you aren't proud of this.

Gibson also did an Expendables movie. And those B movies for Willis are pretty sad.

which he was in for like five seconds... Most of those Willis movies were pretty good for B films. Mel isn't even doing D-films right now after the Jews cancelled him.

Trans bother me because they are forcing my daughters to compete in sports vs trans girls, which is unfair. I have explained this to you like 100x.

And how many Trans athletes are they competing against? I mean, the way you carry on, you'd think there were like thousands of Trans athletes competing in these girls' sports no one cares about if they weren't offering scholarships.

Gibson is in a movie now that is available. He is an evil Santa? IDK...Leftists cancel. What can I tell you?

One is too many. I have given multiple examples here before. It is unfair to my daughters. If not for sports, then I would not care but even a psycho like you would agree that biological males are athletically superior and physically stronger than most females.

I have explained to you before that cancel culture is bad and is a slippery slope. You openly hate Jews and I don't put you or anyone else on ignore. Why? It is just another part of cancel culture. Like your boy Mac1958 likes to practice and you're both leftists, which is really interesting.

I grew up purely traditional. But what other people do and how they live is not my business. I frankly don't spend any time concerned about it. I'm too busy being retired to do anything about it. I think the vast majority are in the club of don't really care for it but are too busy to care to worry about it.

Nearly each day we hear about some high profile or media personality being canceled for something they said or did in their distant past. People having their lives turned upside down because of things they said or did as a teenager or young adult. You know, that point in ALL OUR LIVES where we say or do stupid shit in a rebellious manner as we all seek out our own individualism/identity. Something that the new left seem to find HIGHLY offensive (individualism)

Just imagine us if we were younger and the internet existed during our formative years.

Most of us were fully grown by the time the internet came around but what would happen if our identities and posts on USMB were exposed and connected to us as individuals?
Our online personas do not define who we are. For me they are a mere outlet to be snarky without the chance that anyone actually gets personally injured or offended. Yeah, I have some opinions that don't mesh with others. We all do. At some point the pendulum will swing back and YOU may wind up on the cancel block. Our individualism is what makes us a unique species. Seeking to destroy that will lead to our downfall.

Define normal .
For starters we should be focusing on one's qualifications for jobs/positions not their skin tone, nationality or gender. We have taken the quota system and turned it on its head. While it may have started under the best of intentions we have bastardized it beyond recognition
How much has it kept you from earning a living?
I bid the contract for the bathrooms at the new airport but because I lacked minorities on my crew I was not qualified.
But this isn't just about me or you.
I never had any problems hiring minorities was you not able to find any?
I can tell you about the unwritten system that does keep people like you and me from those elevated positions that I did shoot for but fell short because I failed to play their game or have any assets they deemed desirable.
While doing the hud projects in downtown kc a couple decades ago I was required to have 10% minorities on my crews. Yes, it was very hard to get qualified help. Most of the time it was a revolving door of new hires that simply didn't show up after a few days. And HUD inspectors walked the project every few days with a clipboard looking for compliance violations. My lowest paid position was 16.00 to push a broom and that was about 20 years ago so it's not like I was paying a shit wage.
The problem on this bid was I did not have an existing crew to pass their standards. I would have hired after being awarded the bid.

What was going on "a couple of decades ago" has little to no value to the discussions about conditions today. Two decades ago the USA had a balanced budget, and hadn't endured 2 major economic crashes and a pandemic. Wages have been stagnating for another 20 years, and there are far more poor people today that there were back then.

The USA is not the same nation as it was 20 years ago. When old farts like you talk about what things were like when YOU were young, and how all you needed to do is to work hard to succeed, you simply show us how completely out of touch with reality you are now, and remind us of how much things have changed.

When I was in Toronto last year, I visited the Bay Street banking towers where I used to work. Everything had changed. I felt like a stranger. Things were completely different. And I've only been gone 5 years. The world moves on and changes, and what was true yesterday, has been surpassed.

Gibson is in a movie now that is available. He is an evil Santa? IDK...Leftists cancel. What can I tell you?

One is too many. I have given multiple examples here before. It is unfair to my daughters. If not for sports, then I would not care but even a psycho like you would agree that biological males are athletically superior and physically stronger than most females.

I have explained to you before that cancel culture is bad and is a slippery slope. You openly hate Jews and I don't put you or anyone else on ignore. Why? It is just another part of cancel culture. Like your boy Mac1958 likes to practice and you're both leftists, which is really interesting.
Ah. An obedient Trumpster and a Regressive Leftist, illustrating the first line of my sig for me, for the zillionth time.

Not interested. But, by all means, enjoy!

:hhello:

Ah. An obedient Trumpster and a Regressive Leftist, illustrating the first line of my sig for me, for the zillionth time.

:hhello:
What is a "regressive leftist" please?

Reading the posts between the 3 of you Azogthedefiler is the only one who makes sense

women athlètes should not have to compete against men in sports

which is the position Joe attacked him for and that you piled on

Reading the posts between the 3 of you Azogthedefiler is the only one who makes sense

women athlètes should not have to compete against men in sports

which is the position Joe attacked him for and that you piled on
My post has nothing to do with the issue.

I know you don't understand that.

Now they are even cancelling Obama...the oppressor?

post has nothing to do with the issue.
I think it does even if you dont know it

when your knee jerked and you attacked someone you think is a trumpster you were fighting for dickless males competing in womens sports

Gibson also did an Expendables movie. And those B movies for Willis are pretty sad. Trans bother me because they are forcing my daughters to compete in sports vs trans girls, which is unfair. I have explained this to you like 100x.

Leftists declared Mel a creep and he hasn't really worked since.

You have gone on endlessly about your girls having to play against trans players which I find laughable, given that there are 10 players on the field at all times. Your complaint is that the trans players are so much "larger" than your daughter, who is now getting "run over". Reading between the lines, it sounds like your daughters are smaller in stature. Lacrosse is a very physical game, and lacrosse players are, on average, larger than average.

My youngest daughter was a figure skater - her choice. Champion female figure skaters are 5' 4" or less, with low centers of gravity - basically gymnastics on skates. Both her parents are 6' or taller with long legs, and slim builds - the exact opposite of the ideal build. Now, try as I might, I couldn't re-direct my kid's attention to sports where her height would be an advantage, like tennis, or swimming, so if your kids are hell bent on playing lacrosse, I get it.

I am reminded that when Kurt Browning, who is 5' 6", was told he was going to have to choose between figure skating and hockey, his father told him "You'd better stick with figure skating, son. You're not gonna be big enough to play hockey". Instead of blaming the trans players for your daughters getting "run over", honestly assess their chances in this very rough and tumble sport.

post has nothing to do with the issue.
I think it does even if you dont know it

when your knee jerked and you attacked someone you think is a trumpster you were fighting for dickless males competing in womens sports

When your knee jerked, and you attack anyone who criticizes Donald Trump, or insult Democrats and dismiss everything they propose, how are YOU any different. How's John Bolton doing these days? Jeff Flake? Look at how the right turned on John McCain for daring to do what his constituents ask. What about the Liz Cheney recall?

Yesterday, the Georgia State legislature cancelled Coca-Cola's state tax break because they dared to criticize the new George voter suppression laws.

As always, Republicans are blaming Democrats for something THEY started. Making Trump critics disappear.

Then why do we have girl's sports at all. If you are going to say females are physically inferior, then why have them compete in an inferior way? Come on, if there weren't bags of money being offered, no one would care.

I have explained to you before that cancel culture is bad and is a slippery slope. You openly hate Jews and I don't put you or anyone else on ignore. Why? It is just another part of cancel culture. Like your boy @Mac1958 likes to practice and you're both leftists, which is really interesting.

Mac puts people on ignore when they make him look foolish. That's his prerogative, but man, it's too funny to watch, especially when he whines about how Ann Coulter can't speak at a campus.

I mean, I'll still make fun of him and still point out the foolish things he says. My argument with Mac is that he starts off with a silly premise, like a bunch of Obama Voters voted for Trump (they didn't) so the Democrats have to do more to appeal to angry white people. (When in fact, the percentage of White people who vote Republican has been pretty consistent back to Trick Dick.)

What makes him a moron in this topic is that he (and you) think "Cancel Culture" is something new. It really isn't. People say stupid shit, it ends their careers.

Your Logical Fallacy is...

1617406463588.png

Forum List

Back