Do you think the lefts new cultural standards are going to become the norm?

Back when y'all thought America was great, the period you want to Make America Great Again like,

being politically correct in what one said and did in public, was considered NORMAL and expected, for everyone, not just for the Who's Who.

What is different today, is social media, where we each can give our 2 cents opinion on it, and somehow blame a political party for it.... or gossip with strangers about it, or make mountains out of mole hills on it..... or dismiss it all!

Hilarious thread....

How many media and Hollywood types have lost their job because of past behavior?
Matt Lauer
Kevin Spacey
Charlie Rose
Al Franken
Michael Richards
Louis CK
the list goes on and on.
Rob Lowe. :p
Miss America Vanessa Williams
It could be effectively argued that the left does a much better job of self policing than the right.

Nearly each day we hear about some high profile or media personality being canceled for something they said or did in their distant past. People having their lives turned upside down because of things they said or did as a teenager or young adult. You know, that point in ALL OUR LIVES where we say or do stupid shit in a rebellious manner as we all seek out our own individualism/identity. Something that the new left seem to find HIGHLY offensive (individualism)

Just imagine us if we were younger and the internet existed during our formative years.

Most of us were fully grown by the time the internet came around but what would happen if our identities and posts on USMB were exposed and connected to us as individuals?
Our online personas do not define who we are. For me they are a mere outlet to be snarky without the chance that anyone actually gets personally injured or offended. Yeah, I have some opinions that don't mesh with others. We all do. At some point the pendulum will swing back and YOU may wind up on the cancel block. Our individualism is what makes us a unique species. Seeking to destroy that will lead to our downfall.

Can we recover from this cancer that is currently consuming us?
The conservatives lose every culture war. Every single one. As they die off, new progressives are born. It's academic.

But that doesn't stop the GOP frauds from making them think they stand a chance, haha. If not for this, the GOP wouldn't get 30% of the vote in any election.

In what community, city, state or nation do you see an improvement for the citizenry as a whole as a direct result of progressive policy?
We aren’t interested in hearing about how your compartmentalized freak factions FEEL better inside.

Your point proven as always.
His weak non answer illustrates the Progs ignorance and self destructive stupidity.

Like you say, they have no meaningful answer because they are ruled by emotions, and those have all been commandeered and wholly owned by the Elites they worship, willfully or not.

It is exactly their utter ignorance that tyrants exploit.
Meanwhile back in reality you worship a billionaire

Nearly each day we hear about some high profile or media personality being canceled for something they said or did in their distant past. People having their lives turned upside down because of things they said or did as a teenager or young adult. You know, that point in ALL OUR LIVES where we say or do stupid shit in a rebellious manner as we all seek out our own individualism/identity. Something that the new left seem to find HIGHLY offensive (individualism)

Just imagine us if we were younger and the internet existed during our formative years.

Most of us were fully grown by the time the internet came around but what would happen if our identities and posts on USMB were exposed and connected to us as individuals?
Our online personas do not define who we are. For me they are a mere outlet to be snarky without the chance that anyone actually gets personally injured or offended. Yeah, I have some opinions that don't mesh with others. We all do. At some point the pendulum will swing back and YOU may wind up on the cancel block. Our individualism is what makes us a unique species. Seeking to destroy that will lead to our downfall.

Can we recover from this cancer that is currently consuming us?
The conservatives lose every culture war. Every single one. As they die off, new progressives are born. It's academic.

But that doesn't stop the GOP frauds from making them think they stand a chance, haha. If not for this, the GOP wouldn't get 30% of the vote in any election.

In what community, city, state or nation do you see an improvement for the citizenry as a whole as a direct result of progressive policy?
We aren’t interested in hearing about how your compartmentalized freak factions FEEL better inside.

Your point proven as always.
His weak non answer illustrates the Progs ignorance and self destructive stupidity.

Like you say, they have no meaningful answer because they are ruled by emotions, and those have all been commandeered and wholly owned by the Elites they worship, willfully or not.

It is exactly their utter ignorance that tyrants exploit.
Meanwhile back in reality you worship a billionaire

The elites are largely Democratic because they want control.

It is no secret that Democrats are ruled by their emotions to a fault. They some of the least pragmatic humans on the planet.

What about LeBron James, Stephen Jackson, DeSean Jackson, Mel Gibson, Ice Cube....anti semitism is allowed I guess....

Well, when you call any legitimate criticism "anti-Semitism", um, yeah.

Of course, Mel Gibson is persona-non-Grata in Hollywood right now.

LeBron quotes someone else's lyrics and apologized for it.

But, yes, I guess you do have a problem with black entertainers getting a little perturbed dealing with the Jewish entertainment industry.

I don't put being against a religion in the same category as being against a race. Religion is a choice. you choose to believe in an imaginary sky man who approves your bad behavior, people will judge you for it.

I don't put being against a religion in the same category as being against a race. Religion is a choice. you choose to believe in an imaginary sky man who approves your bad behavior, people will judge you for it.

And you will be judged as well because you are just naive and pompous enough to believe that all of it just happened by chance. You believe in something from nothing argument. Brilliant and scientific, right?

The elites are largely Democratic because they want control.

It is no secret that Democrats are ruled by their emotions to a fault. They some of the least pragmatic humans on the planet.

The elites are largely Democratic because the Republicans went nuts some time ago. Much like Dr. Frankenstein, they are running from the monster they created.

Frankly, I don't trust the notion of pragmatism from people who irrationally hate because an imaginary fairy in the sky told them to.

And you will be judged as well because you are just naive and pompous enough to believe that all of it just happened by chance. You believe in something from nothing argument. Brilliant and scientific, right?

My beliefs are based on testable science and measurable results. Evolution isn't in dispute, we have fossils.

You guys have gone from "God Created Everything" to "Well, God is responsible for the gaps science can't quite explain yet."

My beliefs are based on testable science and measurable results. Evolution isn't in dispute, we have fossils.

You guys have gone from "God Created Everything" to "Well, God is responsible for the gaps science can't quite explain yet."

It isn’t as simple as a gap that science can’t quite explain yet. It is that the very basis for the “it just came out of nowhere” argument flies in the face of the very science that is set out to prove it. Prove something from nothing, then continue down the path of filling in the gaps.

Christians make no bones about faith. Faith is based on a non-quantifiable belief. If God came down from heaven and appeared in the sky to make everyone believe, faith would not longer be in play, which is the essence of Christianity. Science is based on some quantifiable facts(laws) which don’t change and some hypothesis that may be well backed, but can be changed as evidence to the contrary is discoveered. There is a reason the Big Bang is a theory and not a Law. It could be thrown out in the blink of an eye with one discovery. You and others act as if evolution and the Big Bang are settled science, they aren’t and why they aren’t considered laws. When you get down to it, you have faith in scientific theories because they have some parts that can be proven and you have additional faith that the small problems with getting something from nothing will be resolved by science, despite the current science saying otherwise. Believe what you will. On your death bed, you will find that science won’t be there to help and comfort you.

Back when y'all thought America was great, the period you want to Make America Great Again like,

being politically correct in what one said and did in public, was considered NORMAL and expected, for everyone, not just for the Who's Who.

What is different today, is social media, where we each can give our 2 cents opinion on it, and somehow blame a political party for it.... or gossip with strangers about it, or make mountains out of mole hills on it..... or dismiss it all!
You mistake being respectful in public with being politically correct. By all accounts Gina Carrera was SUPER polite to everyone and never disrespectful. But having conservative thoughts got her fired.

Evolution isn't fact lol. We have no skeletons that prove men came from apes. In fact we have different branches of humans that coexisted together. Nine as far as we know currently. While one out survived them all there is no evidence that that one was a mutated decendant of the others. He was just better equipped for adaptation and survival.
Even our "recorded" civilization is no longer considered settled science because we keep finding new evidence that continues to push back the date.
Findind a strange skeleton and trying to attribute it to "our" lineage when there were nine different species it "could" have belonged to is just "bad science"

You mistake being respectful in public with being politically correct. By all accounts Gina Carrera was SUPER polite to everyone and never disrespectful. But having conservative thoughts got her fired.
Don't know who she is, nor have I followed the social network that has promoted the alleged controversy, for or against.

I don't believe in boycotts or demanding anyone be fired...It's just petty....and is not liberal, let the employer, on their own, decide what they want...or what they think is best for them.

What about LeBron James, Stephen Jackson, DeSean Jackson, Mel Gibson, Ice Cube....anti semitism is allowed I guess....

Well, when you call any legitimate criticism "anti-Semitism", um, yeah.

Of course, Mel Gibson is persona-non-Grata in Hollywood right now.

LeBron quotes someone else's lyrics and apologized for it.

But, yes, I guess you do have a problem with black entertainers getting a little perturbed dealing with the Jewish entertainment industry.

If Tom Brady says what LeBron says is he still in the NFL? Judaism is a culture as well as religion. Mel Gibson is still making movies. To me it’s a double standard to you it’s a nothing burger because you hate Jews.

It isn’t as simple as a gap that science can’t quite explain yet. It is that the very basis for the “it just came out of nowhere” argument flies in the face of the very science that is set out to prove it. Prove something from nothing, then continue down the path of filling in the gaps.

Uh, no, guy, the fact is we can prove all the other parts of the path. Life evolved over billions of years, no sky pixies required.

You guys have had 6000 years to prove your sky pixie was real. Science has only been working on the problem for about 200 or so.

Christians make no bones about faith. Faith is based on a non-quantifiable belief. If God came down from heaven and appeared in the sky to make everyone believe, faith would not longer be in play, which is the essence of Christianity. Science is based on some quantifiable facts(laws) which don’t change and some hypothesis that may be well backed, but can be changed as evidence to the contrary is discoveered.

Well, that's the good thing. You start with a theory... you adjust the theory on new facts.

As opposed to Faith, where you burn any heretic at the stake who presents new facts.

If Tom Brady says what LeBron says is he still in the NFL? Judaism is a culture as well as religion. Mel Gibson is still making movies. To me it’s a double standard to you it’s a nothing burger because you hate Jews.

LeBron didn't say anything, he reposted someone else's lyrics.
Culture is a choice as well as religion.
Mel Gibson's career went into the tank after he got caught in his drunken tirade.. but the Jews were already gunning for the poor man after Passion of the Christ.

Evolution isn't fact lol. We have no skeletons that prove men came from apes. In fact we have different branches of humans that coexisted together. Nine as far as we know currently. While one out survived them all there is no evidence that that one was a mutated decendant of the others. He was just better equipped for adaptation and survival.

Uh, guy, that statement is so ignorant of science I can't even begin to address it. Nobody said men came from apes. they have said that humans and apes had a common ancestor... that's how evolution works.

LeBron didn't say anything, he reposted someone else's lyrics.
Culture is a choice as well as religion.
Mel Gibson's career went into the tank after he got caught in his drunken tirade.. but the Jews were already gunning for the poor man after Passion of the Christ.

Uh, guy, that statement is so ignorant of science I can't even begin to address it. Nobody said men came from apes. they have said that humans and apes had a common ancestor... that's how evolution works.

If Tom Brady posts on social media what LeBron posted is he still in the NFL? Yes or no? Gibson is still making movies. More lies from you.

There is a reason the Big Bang is a theory and not a Law. It could be thrown out in the blink of an eye with one discovery. You and others act as if evolution and the Big Bang are settled science, they aren’t and why they aren’t considered laws. When you get down to it, you have faith in scientific theories because they have some parts that can be proven and you have additional faith that the small problems with getting something from nothing will be resolved by science, despite the current science saying otherwise. Believe what you will. On your death bed, you will find that science won’t be there to help and comfort you.

Ah, the last resort of Christian apologists.. hoping people who disagree with them will be horribly punished after they die. It's pathetic.

Hey, what if the real God isn't a Christian. What if the Muslims are right? Then you'd be totally fucked in the afterlife, Cleetus.

If Tom Brady posts on social media what LeBron posted is he still in the NFL? Yes or no? Gibson is still making movies. More lies from you.

Mel's IMDB. Okay, he's making movies no one is watching... As opposed to big tentpole blockbusters he was making before.

I don't know what they'd do to Tom Brady. The NFL tolerates all sorts of shit - wife beaters, dog-fighters, drug users... I doubt they fire a top performer for saying something anti-semitic.

Kaepernick was the first person that I can think of, that Trump and Trumpets insisted he be cancelled...then came calls on cancelling the NFL...

Or was it the Muslims that Trump and Trumpers cancelled, with the Muslim ban?

Maybe it was the mainstream Press that Trump called on you to cancel first, before the Muslim ban? That Fake News rant, was that the first of Trump' s cancel culture shenanigans?

Wait, wait, wait.....it could have been Bezos that Trump tried to cancel? Or our Judges and Justice system?

How about the FBI, when did Trump begin dismissing/cancelling them? Comey was pretty early on in his presidency, before the rest of the Fbi like McCabe who he also cancelled the day before his full pension became affective....

It's all one big blur of cancel culture chaos at the this point.

:dunno:

Mel's IMDB. Okay, he's making movies no one is watching... As opposed to big tentpole blockbusters he was making before.

I don't know what they'd do to Tom Brady. The NFL tolerates all sorts of shit - wife beaters, dog-fighters, drug users... I doubt they fire a top performer for saying something anti-semitic.
Bullshit. LOL

Brady would be on the chopping block like Meyers Leonard is in the NBA. Perfect example.

Nicolas Cage makes B movies now too as does Bruce Willis. Sometimes old actors just aren’t as wanted but Gibson is still making movies

Forum List

Back