Do you think that they learned anything last winter?

What does it look like to you?

1634513114351.png

The grid is fine. Just don’t expect the generation side to turn on a dime to switch sources when wind craps out.

Yes, I learned that Winter in Illinois would freeze the balls off of a brass monkey...

... but, I've known that for many years.

Thread summary:

In answer to the OP's quesiton ...

No, the deniers haven't learned a thing, and they're proudly stating that here. They're deliberately choosing to remain ignorant, because that's what the cult requires of them.

Yes, as a matter of fact.

" ... according to a new study ... "

The video doesn't say which study ... Old Rocks ... do you have this citation handy? ... the one I read fancied the synoptic scale time period elongating ... a few hours in 100 years ... the paper claimed this can be demonstrated with weather histories ... though I didn't pursue the matter that far ...

This video from Old Rocks is full of "lies of omission" ... primarily that the gain in amplitude of the Rossby Wave is only experienced on the pole-ward side; pressure ridges will be a little steeper and push further up towards the pole, however the troughs should remain mostly the same ... and of course the longer period between `good` and `bad` weather ...

In climatology, we use 100-year averages to average out these seasonal differences ... any individually `bad` winter will only given 1% of the total ... global warming doesn't cause colder average weather ... colder average weather leads to global cooling ... I shouldn't have to point this out to an adult ... try using common sense ...

As to the problems in Texas ... this starts (and ends) with having their own grid ... is it worth the cost of upgrades or what-evers to join the Eastern Interconnect? ... what value does human life have in Texas? ... (not much if the tales from the derricks are true) ... it gets this cold in North Dakota as well, but they can run off Florida juice ... when it gets this cold in Texas, that takes days to hook up ...

Profit before people and utilities murdering their customers ... we get a lot of the here in The West ...

Forum List

Back