Do you think PolitiFact's name is an oxymoron?

nawpar

Jan 9, 2013
Ohio
Do you think PolitiFact is trying to mislead people, into thinking it's political opinion, and fact at the same time? I think it's an important question, because they can be sued for what they call fact, but not for political opinion.

Just the fact that they use a scale of truthfulness proves that are bogus. A statement of fact is either true or false. There is no in between.

As usual, you could not be more wrong. You can use a true statement to support a lie. Like: Democrats don't want to build the Wall. They favour open borders. While it's true that Democrats didn't want to build the Wall, it's not true that they favour open borders. So that statement is only partly true.

Republicans are really good at taking a fact, and twisting it into something that really wasn't said. Just like Azog did with my post on Jews invented whining. I posted that I was grateful that I escaped progroms, Holocaust, and discrimination against Jews I saw all around me growing up post WWII by being born a Christian, and Azog cut all that out and turned my post into a slur against Jews.

That kind of shit.

Forum List

Back