Do you support unions?

• Yes and I am a Republican

• Yes and I am an independent

• Yes and I am a Democrat

• No and I am a Democrat

• No and I am a Republican

• No and I am an independent

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nope. Been retired for a long time. But low labor wages equal a country that is behind. Want people to work hard then pay them more. Want them to work less hard pay less. Wages AND effort are tied together.
Here's a novel idea that worked for me all my life.

Work hard and do a great job and, ta-da, get paid more! WOW, I know, crazy isn't it? Unless you work in a union, then do the least possible because it doesn't mean a tinker's dam. You get raises for breathing!

I would pay good money for you to come where I work and tell the Trump loving union linemen I work with what you think about unions. It would be epic. Truly.

Didn't you just prove my point? Yeah. What's wrong, baby, your union workers can't stand to hear the general truth about what killed off most of the unions? Facts are facts, junior, but maybe wherever you work is that rare exception, still doesn't change the facts. I know, I spent ten years working under two BIG unions. The story was the same both times.

Why have we went from 35% to only 9% union members?
Gone?

Didn't you just prove my point? Yeah. What's wrong, baby, your union workers can't stand to hear the general truth about what killed off most of the unions? Facts are facts, junior, but maybe wherever you work is that rare exception, still doesn't change the facts. I know, I spent ten years working under two BIG unions. The story was the same both times.
Well, they are Trump supporters, I imagine they do act like babies. They are still crying about the election just like you.

I'll let them know you think that of them. Or will you tell them? And maybe the reason their union works so well is BECAUSE they are Trump supporters.
I wouldn't tell them. I am fine with our union. Shit, I have three separate journeyman tickets, I can write my own ticket. I have the unions (and military) to thank. The union had been great to me.

Of course your arguement revolves around the predictable "Trump supporter unions are good, other unions bad...derp derp". Lol. So predictable.

Gone?
The top three staff members are Democrats and union supporters, not really a bipartisan group is it?

I spent my working life as a non union employee, another third as a union employee, and about a third as management. Unfettered management is the worst. Unions suck in the early days of your career but when you have lots of seniority they are great. And being a nonunion employee is the worst by far. I did have one really great buisness owner before I went into the Marine Corps who was a great guy, paid well and became life long friends with him and his family.

Ok so then people cannot live on the wages employers pay. What's your answer? Yep you got nothing at all. I bet you expect people to work their best for lower wages.
Actually, our government let us down. Child laborers in China and demofks and conservatives turned their heads and told corporations to move there!

Why are people so compliant?

Were you really expecting Republicans and union haters to explain
They claim to be a bipartisan geoup and they aren’t as it leans heavy to the left, So lying right out of the gate taints their whole research. You are free to believe whatever you want, not my issue, I won’t.

Why have we went from 35% to only 9% union members?
War on unions. Corporate Greed my friend.

There used to be a social contract corporations had with workers. You sort of had a right to your job. Most people could expect to work for 1 company for 30 years and retire with enough money to live out their lives happy. Baby Boomers know what I'm talking about. They even got pensions! And their parents left them a lot of money. And school was cheap.

Anyways, Jack Welch at GE in the 70's changed all that. Corporate profits went through the roof. He fired the bottom 10% every year no matter what. Record profits this year? Still, the bottom 10% have to go.

Remember the war you, Republicans and George Bush waged on unions in the 2000's?

Also, GW stopped going after illegal employers. Hugo Chavez head of the unions warned us about illegals and companies who would hire them and what that would do to American workers.

maybe unions shouldn't have used members dues for political figures!
I don't mind that. If they (the union) believes one party is the labor party (The Democrats) then they should be allowed to endorse/support one party.

But then Republicans used that to pass Citizens United and now dark money is involved in politics. PAC's run by god knows who. We know who. The rich and powerful. The corrupt. Liars. People like TRUMP. LOL.

32 counts. That's a lot of counts.

Forum List

Back