Do you remember when Merrick Garland was presented as a moderate?

The indoctrinated would be someone who is closed to new information such as that which I provided you.

DoJ has purview on matters which cross state lines, such as threats communicated by phone or internet in violation of 18 USC 875c as the referenced individual did to Gaetz.

Insofar as threats are not communicated across state lines, there's nothing preventing DoJ from providing support or advice to local law enforcement and governments.

So you are in favor of the feds taking control of local law enforcement? I wouldn't be surprised as most Democrats have a seemingly insatiable desire for the federal government to control every aspect of their lives.

So you are in favor of the feds taking control of local law enforcement? I wouldn't be surprised as most Democrats have a seemingly insatiable desire for the federal government to control every aspect of their lives.
This has nothing to do with “taking control of local law enforcement”.

You’re flailing.

Personally I’d like to see people prosecuted for making threats. That seems to be happening rather infrequently on the local level. But I know that not everyone wants to see these specific people prosecuted.

This has nothing to do with “taking control of local law enforcement”.

You’re flailing.

Personally I’d like to see people prosecuted for making threats. That seems to be happening rather infrequently on the local level. But I know that not everyone wants to see these specific people prosecuted.

Right, because prosecution of these "threats" has not been necessary. They aren't dangerous people in general, just people fed up with the far left running the public education system. The left makes threats as well but those threats are typically glossed over or flat out covered up. There is most certainly not equal enforcement, particularly not at the federal level.

Right, because prosecution of these "threats" has not been necessary. They aren't dangerous people in general, just people fed up with the far left running the public education system. The left makes threats as well but those threats are typically glossed over or flat out covered up. There is most certainly not equal enforcement, particularly not at the federal level.
Why would it be unnecessary to prosecute someone making threats?

You guys don't want the law enforced?

Why would it be unnecessary to prosecute someone making threats?

You guys don't want the law enforced?

We don't want the feds enforcing law that should be handled by local law enforcement. The feds have shown a proclivity to be less than fair of late to those on a certain side of the political isle.

We don't want the feds enforcing law that should be handled by local law enforcement. The feds have shown a proclivity to be less than fair of late to those on a certain side of the political isle.
You’re trying to talk past me.

First, you should admit that communicating threats across state lines is a federal offense. You have dodged this point.

Second, you should admit that they’re not enforcing local laws. You are also dodging this point.

This essentially hollows out your criticism to the point that it’s meaningless, notwithstanding your biased impression of who is biased.

You’re trying to talk past me.

First, you should admit that communicating threats across state lines is a federal offense. You have dodged this point.

Second, you should admit that they’re not enforcing local laws. You are also dodging this point.

This essentially hollows out your criticism to the point that it’s meaningless, notwithstanding your biased impression of who is biased.

The school board protesters aren't typically doing so across state lines.

In Va, they apparently aren't enforcing rape in the school bathrooms either but that is still a local law enforcement issue. The thing is, there haven't enough real cases to enforce. Just because the leftist school board gets their panties in a wad because they get some blowback from locals regarding their wacko polices doesn't give them the right to release the FBI on those that are opposing them. They wrote a letter to the hyper-partisan FBI asking for help and they got it. The same would NOT happen with this DOJ of the protestors were lefties and you know it.

Anyone that is paying attention knows there is severe bias in several federal agencies, including the FBI. If you would read and watch anything other than biased news sources you would know too.

You really are incapable of seeing/speaking reality. Is it the Democrats who want the Federal Government to repeal R v. W? Force women raped to keep an unwanted pregnancy? Deny Homosexuals to marry, which in reality is just a contract, and not allow them to adopt orphans or abandoned children? How about their service in the Military too? The aged and infirm who cannot get to the polls to vote, and now worry that the Republican Party in Red States reject vote by mail?

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
The school board protesters aren't typically doing so across state lines.

In Va, they apparently aren't enforcing rape in the school bathrooms either but that is still a local law enforcement issue. The thing is, there haven't enough real cases to enforce. Just because the leftist school board gets their panties in a wad because they get some blowback from locals regarding their wacko polices doesn't give them the right to release the FBI on those that are opposing them. They wrote a letter to the hyper-partisan FBI asking for help and they got it. The same would NOT happen with this DOJ of the protestors were lefties and you know it.

Anyone that is paying attention knows there is severe bias in several federal agencies, including the FBI. If you would read and watch anything other than biased news sources you would know too.
Whether they're doing so across state lines remains to be seen. If they aren't, then the DoJ is not investigating and prosecuting unless there's a law on the books I'm not aware of. If you disagree, then I'd invite you to demonstrate where such a thing is happening or where they're indicating they're doing such a thing.

Local law enforcement are entitled to seek assistance from federal law enforcement. There's nothing alarming with that.

So what precisely is the concern here? That the law enforcement might actually catch these people who are violating the law?

Serious question here. Do you want these people who are making threats arrested and prosecuted or not?

Local law enforcement are entitled to seek assistance from federal law enforcement. There's nothing alarming with that.
Sure, but that it is not local law enforcement that seeked assistance, it was the school board who bypassed local law enforcement.

So what precisely is the concern here? That the law enforcement might actually catch these people who are violating the law?

My first concern is that the feds shouldn't be involved in a local matter unless asked by local law enforcement. Secondly, they are not enforcing the law evenly. I can promise you they aren't investigating the guy that stood up at a school board meeting in NC and threatened those at the meeting that were against CRT.

Serious question here. Do you want these people who are making threats arrested and prosecuted or not?

Sure, if they are truly a threat they should face consequences from local law enforcement.

Forum List

Back