Do you like to watch? Baking dinner

The ClayTaurus said:
The thought of D looking at the pizza and then going hee hee hee hee hee heeeeeee! as it slides around is amusing to me.

And I don't know why.

You should have seen me in the apron! :D

With no panties :D

MUST there be so many black and green lumpy things on that pizza?

dmp said:
That paper looked THAT colour when I took the pic, Jon.

Maybe this will help. :D

I'm not disputing that if you focused your attention on what color the paper was, it appeared to have a yellow-orange tint. I never was.

I am saying that if a person is not paying attention to the color of an object, that would appear white under sunlight, they see it as white regardless of any color tint. Their brain tells them it's white. It's different when a person looks at a photo because they are focusing on the color in the photo and it will look 'wrong' for paper to have a yellow-orange tint. For this reason, you adjust the white balance to what an object would look like under sunlight.

If you picked this photo because you thought it was the most correct, you picked incorrectly. A photo of paper, with correct white balance, will be white.

Did you read any of the links about white balance?

I didn't read them yet. When I looked in the LCD after taking the pic, I saw it very closely resembled what i saw with the paper under the microwave/stove light.

I had a friend once try to convince me thru LOTS and LOTS of science that a 2" diameter tubing CAI for a Probe would be better than my 4" diameter tube. He spent a long time showing me how reducing the size of the tube would increase the velocity of the air traveling to the engine. I couldn't 'prove' to him he was wrong - because I had NO data to back up what I knew; the 4" tube worked FANTASTIC. At the track it meant the difference of more than 1mph in back-to-back tests with an aftermarket (RPM) intake. I just knew what I knew.

He tried the 2" intake and hated it.

My point is, I understand what the links will tell me, and what you are saying. However, none of that changes the fact I selected the photo which most closely remembled the color of the paper I was looking at last night.

I concede it's possible the paper was MORE white in real-life than the picture shows. But the pic I chose more closely follows what my eyes were seeing last night, over-all. Things had a bit of a yellow/orange tint.

:)

You love me. Admit it.

dmp said:
My point is, I understand what the links will tell me, and what you are saying. However, none of that changes the fact I selected the photo which most closely remembled the color of the paper I was looking at last night.

I concede it's possible the paper was MORE white in real-life than the picture shows. But the pic I chose more closely follows what my eyes were seeing last night, over-all. Things had a bit of a yellow/orange tint.

:)

You love me. Admit it.

:bangheads

Wow.

I don't think you're getting it. I'm not arguing the above at all. I'm sure that the picture you chose resembles what you saw, given that you focused on the color cast. However, in this case, that's not what you're supposed to do. Doing that results in a picture with incorrect white balance.

At first I thought maybe you had a creative reason for doing this. Now I see that you did it because you didn't know better. No biggie. I was just letting you know.

misterblu said:
:bangheads

Wow.

I don't think you're getting it. I'm not arguing the above at all. I'm sure that the picture you chose resembles what you saw, given that you focused on the color cast. However, in this case, that's not what you're supposed to do. Doing that results in a picture with incorrect white balance.

At first I thought maybe you had a creative reason for doing this. Now I see that you did it because you didn't know better. No biggie. I was just letting you know.

Know better than to what? Than to take a pic which most-closely remembles what I actually saw?? The one pic where the page was more WHITE was tossed out - It may still be on my camera if you'd like me to post it. :)

The ClayTaurus said:
I think the second m is for "mother"

You know, I thought that too. Then I realized it would be pretty hard to be laughing my mother's ass off. If you're laughing hard enough to knock the ass off of someone else, you've got problems.

:p:

misterblu said:
You know, I thought that too. Then I realized it would be pretty hard to be laughing my mother's ass off. If you're laughing hard enough to knock the ass off of someone else, you've got problems.

:p:
I think there's also an "f" in there too.

I guess it is kind of weird that your ass fucks your mom... but hey, who am I to judge?

dmp said:
Know better than to what? Than to take a pic which most-closely remembles what I actually saw?? The one pic where the page was more WHITE was tossed out - It may still be on my camera if you'd like me to post it. :)

Nebbermind. You don't get it.
attachment.php

You're right. That picture has perfect white balance. :rolleyes:

Carry on.

Attachments

• $surrender.GIF
    $surrender.GIF
    180 bytes · Views: 91

Forum List

Back