Lemon glazed chicken, fried rice yum yum yum

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
My current most fun/favorite meal..

The lemon-glazed chicken that is on the bag of frozen Tyson skinless/boneless thighs.

I can't find the recipe online so I will do my best...I don't really follow the recipe precisely anyway because I'm always making more or trying to cook it in the oven or whatever but here is what it comes down to:

1/2 cup lemon juice...I use fresh squeezed
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp ginger (the recipe calls for fresh grated which would be better)
1/2 tsp garlic
some pepper

Bring that to a simmer, let it cook until the sugar is dissolved. I used a roasting pan like this:

047207.jpg

I used a cast iron chicken fryer for the first batch, but I made more the second time, so this is what I used.

Ok while that is simmering you take your frozen boneless skinless thighs and run them under water to get rid of the ice sheeting that they have. If you don't, it adds liquid to your sauce. I put in about 3 lbs of frozen thighs.

then you just place the still frozen meat in the roaster or skillet. Cover it and simmer it for about 20 minutes, then open it up, stir the meat around, and then cover it up and simmer some more.

When the meat was done and tender, I took it out, and used a meat cleaver to slice it into strips, then laid it on a plate.

I added a little flour and water to the juice to thicken it, and serve that as a dipping sauce.

I made fried rice to serve with it...and for THAT:

Make instant rice according to the directions while your chicken is cooking. If you want to ramp up the flavor, throw bouillion into the water. But it isn't necessary, if you are liberal with seasonings and veggies:

When the chicken is finished sauté onion and diced carrot and whatever else you like in some oil, season with salt, pepper, li ginger, curry, garlic, and chili powder.

I use a cast iron skillet for this. Then I move the veggies to one side (I used mushrooms too when I have them) and move that side of the skillet off the heat, and drop a couple of eggs onto the clear side, scramble them with my spatula, more oil if needed then move the whole shebang over the heat again, turn it up and dump in the rice. Add a couple of tbsp. of soy sauce, stir it up.

Add some steamed veggies and you're done.

The kids love this meal.

In theory if you're very ambitious, you could take those thighs when they're done cooking, and throw them on the grill for a few minutes to put some char marks on them, then slice those up.

You can also throw them on top of the rice.

Yum.

Forum List

Back