Do You Have A favorite single tune & or musical instrument like I do???

jackflash

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2020
USA
When it comes to classical music I have two favorite Masrter conductors, actually I refer to both of them as 'Super Maestros'; Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart & also Johannes Brahms. Both hot on the keyboard & my FAVORITE, the strings(violin). Despite both being the best of the best in my opinion, in 1968 I heard a tune that literally stopped me in my tracks. I thought then & still do that it beat out any works that Mozart accomplished & even edged out(hard to do for strings) Brahms Lullaby. That work in 1968 was written by Michael Polnareff & titled by Michael as "SOUL COAXING"(Ame Caline). Soul Coaxing was performed by several conductors but scored a Home Run with the bases loaded when conducted by SUPER MAESTRO RAYMOND LEFEVRE & quickly swept planet earth. I still listen to it almost daily despite Soul Coaxing being launched 52 years ago. Do you haxe a favorite work & instrument???

My fav is definitely Tchaikovsky; not that I am NOT in awe of the two you mentioned. Van Cliburn on Piano...Chopin and Entrement excels. But conductors? Ormandy or Bernstein.

Greg

I will look for Soul Coaxing .I enjoy listening to all types of music. I am not real educated on classical but enjoy it. Any instrument played by a master is my favorite.

My fav is definitely Tchaikovsky; not that I am NOT in awe of the two you mentioned. Van Cliburn on Piano...Chopin and Entrement excels. But conductors? Ormandy or Bernstein.

Greg
Here my classical pick.

Greg
Chopin MASTER pianist like Mozart! You have a fine taste in music! Amazing TWO MASTER PIANISTS & both end their lives in untimely death like what are the odds???

Cesar Huesca and Paco Herrejón.

I could almost hear you thoughts on reading and listening to the music of the thread, sayin "Bull$shit, check this out!"

I listen to more Prokofiev than any other composer, followed by Dvorak, then Wagner, then Vivaldi, re 'classical'. I like the Russians the most overall. Favorite instruments I like to listen to re chamber music is cello and violin, nothing out of the ordinary. I listen to more opera arias than classical instrumentals these days.

Last edited:
I listen to more Prokofiev than any other composer, followed by Dvorak, then Wagner, then Vivaldi, re 'classical'. I like the Russians the most overall. Favorite instruments I like to listen to re chamber music is cello and violin, nothing out of the ordinary. I listen to more opera arias than classical instrumentals these days.
Violin like ALRIGHT!!! Those strings to me is where it's at for sure!

I will look for Soul Coaxing .I enjoy listening to all types of music. I am not real educated on classical but enjoy it. Any instrument played by a master is my favorite.
lg35 let me know what you think of soul coaxing PLEASE!

lg35 let me know what you think of soul coaxing PLEASE!

I plan on checking that out as well, can't say when since I'm busy building a new audio system and it's a slow process for me.

Cesar Huesca and Paco Herrejón.

EXCELLENT!!! Angelo that's some serious jamming! Angelo are you the musician on the left of the video?Are you a profe$$ional musician??? I mean that's some great stringing for sure! There's really been some hot Latino artists on the strings. At the top of my list WAS a young man named Ritchie Valens(another all time great lost at a RIDICULOUSLY young age) like he was also hot on the guitar. Lost in an airplane accident he will always be remembered with his troop AS THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED. Makes my blood boil when we lose such irreplaceable talent. Below is my favorite tune from Ritchie. Thanks so much for the super video!!!

Van Cliburn on Piano
Technically brilliant.
Synthaholic thanks so much for the tip! I am not familiar with Van Cliburn but that's twice now that the name has come up so I will definitely zero that artist on YouTube. Thanks again for the tip & I'll let you know how my ears react to this artist.
Well, they named the international piano competition after him, so that should tell you something.

Wow! Bass violin & piano duo makes for some mood tuning in the mind/heart. I would think that performance would fall under(not sure here) love/romance? It seems to expand on other emotions though(?) or that's what I felt kind of? I know what tickles my ear but I don't have the skill or understanding to comprehend the deeper meaning of various music. Kind of like leaving a store @ night to get in my vehicle & drive home but walk past my vehicle & end up walking five miles past the city limits into a forested area. Like I know HOW I got there but I don't understand WHY I got there? I REALLY appreciate the reciprication & sharing I am getting from my fellow board members I REALLY do!

Greg
Here my classical pick.

EXCELLENT pick W6! This one is more uplifting without being too bouncy, smooth transition upper to lower but with gaiety. This is more like some of mozarts numbers. One can go home after work turn on the tunes & pour a glass of ice tea then flop into the ole easy chair & just forget the outside world for a while with music like this. Back in those days music was about it like no boob tube, world wide web etc. The music & dance was all they had for social entertainment(really why would one need more?) so the music had to have gaiety to it. Below is the number I favored most before Soul Coaxing that debuted in '68. Even then this work of Johannes(incredably gifted) I still consider best of strings/world class!

Forum List

Back