Do you do this to prevent COVID infection?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
How many of you have heard this suggestion from WHO, Dr. Fauci, et.al. the experts?

I have been doing this every time I wash my hands for at least 20 seconds as WHO, et.al. suggest. Washing my hands thoroughly.
But the one thing WHO, et.al. haven't as far as I've heard/read ever suggested this:
While washing your hands with the soap, wash the handles of the cold/hot water faucet!
Most of us (including me until I thought about it) walk into a rest room turn water on and wash our hands thoroughly and here is the point:
TURN OFF THE POTENTIALLY COVID VIRUS ON THE HANDLES.
We now have potentially re-infected our hands.
Why not just simply while washing your hands wash the handles with your hands that have the disinfectant soap?

How many of you have heard this suggestion from WHO, Dr. Fauci, et.al. the experts?

I have been doing this every time I wash my hands for at least 20 seconds as WHO, et.al. suggest. Washing my hands thoroughly.
But the one thing WHO, et.al. haven't as far as I've heard/read ever suggested this:
While washing your hands with the soap, wash the handles of the cold/hot water faucet!
Most of us (including me until I thought about it) walk into a rest room turn water on and wash our hands thoroughly and here is the point:
Why not just simply while washing your hands wash the handles with your hands that have the disinfectant soap?
SUCKER!!!

No, but I use hand sanitizer a lot more, which I already used before all this.

No, but I use hand sanitizer a lot more, which I already used before all this.
A lot of good the hand sanitizer when after washing your hands you turn off the potential infected handles the water with those same hands.
That's why you see health professionals turn off handles with elbows.

A lot of good the hand sanitizer when after washing your hands you turn off the potential infected handles the water with those same hands.
That's why you see health professionals turn off handles with elbows.
I took a Covid test last Monday because the State of New York required it and I had to travel there for an event.

I got the results on Tuesday afternoon, I didn't read them until Wednesday via email.

It was negative.

All I do is wear a mask out on public indoor places. Depending on where I am, I wear it outdoors, or take it off.

I do Lyft on the side, and I don't make a fuss when some passengers don't wear masks. I always wear one when I'm Lyfting though.

I started doing ride sharing again about late April early May until now, off an on.

Bottom line, masks works.

Note: Everyone in my immediate circle is also Covid-19 free.

We prevent COVID "infection" by ignoring the "virus". Doing that tends to break its little viral heart and send it sulking into a distant corner.

Forum List

Back