Do you believe the reason the left doesn't want the wall is primarily money?

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
Put aside whether or not the wall should be built. How genuine do you believe leftists are when they say that the primary reason they don't want the wall built is the money it would cost to build? Are a lot of them simply afraid it might succeed in reducing illegal immigration?

I have several reasons.

1. If you try to insult my intelligence by claiming Mexico is going pay for a wall then you come back to me begging for money then youre pretty much dead to me.

2. If youre primary motive is get a man baby ego-wall monument then you can count me out.

3. There is no reason to believe a wall is going to work since people can tunnel under, go over, or through any wall unless its made of diamonds and has a 20 ft deep foundation.

4. Drumpfs an asshole of epic proportions and its always a good thing not to give assholes what they want.

5. Repub rep Hurd from TX just said a 30ft wall from sea to shining is not the best thing for border security.

Last edited:
it is not the money. DA WALL is a problem for Hispanics who do have impoverished relatives on the other side-----that they will not be able to GET OUT----But there are OTHER INTEREST groups. Drug criminals are delighted with the porous border ----from BOTH sides of the border. Also----the southern border is a conduit for Islamic terrorists---back and forth. As to tunnels---they are very hard to create and can be found. -----right now the southern border is like an opened door in a slum

Put aside whether or not the wall should be built. How genuine do you believe leftists are when they say that the primary reason they don't want the wall built is the money it would cost to build? Are a lot of them simply afraid it might succeed in reducing illegal immigration?
The money has little to do with it. The Left does not agree with the symbolism and rhetoric that has been surrounding the “wall”. they see our country as a great beacon of light here to help and welcome anybody who wants liberty and opportunity. Unfortunately the current “wall” rhetoric is painting us with the message of “Keep out unless you are rich or smart.”

If those on the left use the money argument it is only to try and expose Trumps false claim that Mexico will pay for it or they are trying to use the common conservative attack about being smart with our taxpayers money back against them.

The money has little to do with it. The Left does not agree with the symbolism and rhetoric that has been surrounding the “wall”. they see our country as a great beacon of light here to help and welcome anybody who wants liberty and opportunity. Unfortunately the current “wall” rhetoric is painting us with the message of “Keep out unless you are rich or smart.”

If those on the left use the money argument it is only to try and expose Trumps false claim that Mexico will pay for it or they are trying to use the common conservative attack about being smart with our taxpayers money back against them.

nope----the left is flirting with blocks of voters. Hispanics are a big population----blacks are being told that the wall is "racist" and
the aa NEW RACE has been invented to link blacks and Hispanics
as (sic) "PEEEBBLES OF COLOR" and weirdest of all----the
muslims have painted themselves up as SAVIORS for the PEEEEBBLES OF COLOR (I have worked with, interacted with and socialized with muslims for the past----more than 50 years. Muslims are the most color
conscious PEEEBLES in the world.------the Iranians top the list----but arabs
are BEYOND just "color" ----they are into the SUPREME ARAB RACE)

The wall could be free and Democrats would oppose it.

I have several reasons.

1. If you try to insult my intelligence by claiming Mexico is going pay for a wall then you come back to me begging for money then youre pretty much dead to me.

2. If youre primary motive is get a man baby ego-wall monument then you can count me out.

3. There is no reason to believe a wall is going to work since people can tunnel under, go over, or through any wall unless its made of diamonds and has a 20 ft deep foundation.

4. Drumpfs an asshole of epic proportions and its always a good thing not to give assholes what they want.

5. Repub rep Hurd from TX just said a 30ft wall from sea to shining is not the best thing for border security.
Lastly, NONE of the border state Congressmen want it.

Count 'em, zero, zip, zilch. Na. da! None of 'em.

nope----the left is flirting with blocks of voters. Hispanics are a big population----blacks are being told that the wall is "racist" and
muslims have painted themselves up as SAVIORS for the PEEEEBBLES OF COLOR (I have worked with, interacted with and socialized with muslims for the past----more than 50 years. Muslims are the most color
I can assure you many share the viewpoints that I expressed. Did you even consider the ideas or did you just do a knee jerk reaction?

Not if Mexico pays for it. :rolleyes:

Democrats would oppose that too.
If Mexico was going to pay for a wall then wouldn’t they just build it on their side and pay their own workers to build it? The notion that they would send us a check to pay our workers to build it on our side is and always has been plain silly.

Did you THINK at all before you posted? "the le

I can assure you many share the viewpoints that I expressed. Did you even consider the ideas or did you just do a knee jerk reaction?

did you THINK at all before you babbled your very shallow minded post?
"THE LEFT WANTS TO UNCOVER THE FACT THAT MEXICO IS NOT
LIKELY TO FUND DA WALL" ------that's it? "the left " has no
political stance at all other than mock Trump for suggesting that he considers
MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL business arrangements with Mexico? You paint
"the left" as being very shallow and very unmoitivated. Do you know
anything at all? Do you know any Mexicans? Any arabs? ------are you
past 14 years of age?

If Mexico was going to pay for a wall then wouldn’t they just build it on their side and pay their own workers to build it? The notion that they would send us a check to pay our workers to build it on our side is and always has been plain silly.

did you ever hear Trump say-----"the Mexicans are going to send us a check"?

Did you THINK at all before you posted? "the le

did you THINK at all before you babbled your very shallow minded post?
"THE LEFT WANTS TO UNCOVER THE FACT THAT MEXICO IS NOT
LIKELY TO FUND DA WALL" ------that's it? "the left " has no
political stance at all other than mock Trump for suggesting that he considers
MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL business arrangements with Mexico? You paint
"the left" as being very shallow and very unmoitivated. Do you know
anything at all? Do you know any Mexicans? Any arabs? ------are you
past 14 years of age?
Wow, you are all over the place. Do yourself a favor and reread what you just wrote. It’s great for a laugh. So I made a shallow minded post that painted the Left and shallow and unmotivated which appears to be the position you’re arguing for. So why are you so worked up over what I wrote. You should be in agreement!

did you ever hear Trump say-----"the Mexicans are going to send us a check"?
Yes, his plan was to hold the remittance payments hostage in exchange for a one time payment of $5-$10 billion to pay for the wall. If that didn’t work he was going to threaten tariffs and visas to use as leverage. All bully tactics that worked for him in the business world but he is finding don’t work well in politics.

http://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

Not in the slightest, the leftists don't care about any financial concerns of any kind. Leftists oppose the wall because they are violent, self-hating Americans who violently HATE the idea of American sovereignty and want this country overwhelmed by the savage 3rd world criminal dregs of humanity. Today's PC liberals think America's very existence is a crime against humanity and want it destroyed and want fellow white Americans to suffer and die (except "enlightened" ones like themselves) at the hands of American-hating 3rd-world parasite thugs. Every one of their functions is an exercise in treasonous malice against the USA. Just look how psychotically violent they get over the concept of "putting American interests first."

Not in the slightest, the leftists don't care about any financial concerns of any kind. Leftists oppose the wall because they are violent, self-hating Americans who violently HATE the idea of American sovereignty and want this country overwhelmed by the savage 3rd world criminal dregs of humanity. Today's PC liberals think America's very existence is a crime against humanity and want it destroyed and want fellow white Americans to suffer and die (except "enlightened" ones like themselves) at the hands of American-hating 3rd-world parasite thugs. Every one of their functions is an exercise in treasonous malice against the USA. Just look how psychotically violent they get over the concept of "putting American interests first."
None of that is true. Your are delusional

you are just as childish as is slade

Wrong.

5 Billion dollars builds only 215 miles of ‘fence’ – not a ‘wall’ from the Pacific to Gulf of Mexico.

Democratic opposition to the ‘wall’ of fear, bigotry, and hate is perfectly appropriate and warranted as it will do little or nothing to foment border security.

Democrats correctly support spending funds on items that will actually benefit border security, as opposed to Trump’s idiotic ‘wall.’

What will $5 billion in border wall funding build? 215 miles of fence, feds now say

Forum List

Back