Do You Believe That God Has Many Different Forms, Or Do You Only Believe In One Religion?

Actually you have a point there, but I still don't know where Muslms got their concept of there being a God from then.

To be honest, people give the start of religions or the history of religions entirely too much respect/honor--except, of course, for the religion that is True. I don't say this to mean you should bully or mock individuals for their religion. But religions should be held up for questioning.

Which one is consistently now? And which ones are not, ever? Up is down, black is white, good is bad, right is wrong.

IOW, most religions are made up stories. Some religions never pretend to be anything BUT stories, like old Nordic religions. Other religions are made up by charlatans, such as one invented by a man who peered into a hat holding a magic rock and basically invented the entire story of his followers living on their own planets one day (Mormonism).

1. There is no god of any kind. God is a manmade concept the tyrants and rulers devised in order to maintain the sheeples, since there were no police forces back then, and the few Centurions they had around were meant to keep the ruler/dictator safe, not the masses of people. God and the bible are nothing more than "boogeyman" stories to keep the sheeple adults in place.

2. In my entire life, I've meet 99% more honest, happy, and mentally stable NON-religious people than I have religious people. That 1% of religious believers are straightforward, honest, and actually treat others as they want to be treated. All the others are liars, cheats, frauds, charlatans, Karens, Hitlers, and fuktards.

Would Jesus like this guy?

Of course!! And Jesus loves everybody anyways. :)

My dog thinks I'm God.

And my cat think she is God. :badgrin:

To be honest, people give the start of religions or the history of religions entirely too much respect/honor--except, of course, for the religion that is True. I don't say this to mean you should bully or mock individuals for their religion. But religions should be held up for questioning.

Which one is consistently now? And which ones are not, ever? Up is down, black is white, good is bad, right is wrong.

IOW, most religions are made up stories. Some religions never pretend to be anything BUT stories, like old Nordic religions. Other religions are made up by charlatans, such as one invented by a man who peered into a hat holding a magic rock and basically invented the entire story of his followers living on their own planets one day (Mormonism).

Yeah, but due to the fact that they have a lot of similarities between their version and our version of God it can't be too much made up.

1. There is no god of any kind. God is a manmade concept the tyrants and rulers devised in order to maintain the sheeples, since there were no police forces back then, and the few Centurions they had around were meant to keep the ruler/dictator safe, not the masses of people. God and the bible are nothing more than "boogeyman" stories to keep the sheeple adults in place.

2. In my entire life, I've meet 99% more honest, happy, and mentally stable NON-religious people than I have religious people. That 1% of religious believers are straightforward, honest, and actually treat others as they want to be treated. All the others are liars, cheats, frauds, charlatans, Karens, Hitlers, and fuktards.

I respect you and the fact that you have your beliefs and you have every right to be an atheist, but we also have every right to be Christians.

Of course!! And Jesus loves everybody anyways. :)

And my cat think she is God. :badgrin:

Yeah, but due to the fact that they have a lot of similarities between their version and our version of God it can't be too much made up.

I respect you and the fact that you have your beliefs and you have every right to be an atheist, but we also have every right to be Christians.

Every other religion features a list of "to-dos" and rules you must follow to appease the gods/God so you will earn their favor.

Christianity is the only one which says, you can't do it, so I did it for you.

That's a pretty monumental difference.

Every other religion features a list of "to-dos" and rules you must follow to appease the gods/God so you will earn their favor.

Christianity is the only one which says, you can't do it, so I did it for you.

That's a pretty monumental difference.

True, but the ten commandments still exist.

This is a really good question I just had because it was a topic of conversation a few days ago and hopefully I can explain it correctly. Do you believe that there's only one religion and all of the other ones are false and those gods don't exist, or do you believe that there is still one God, but many different beliefs about Him? I'll give you some examples because I'm not sure if I worded that correctly. Like Allah, Zeus, and God/Jesus.

Are they all the same God, but people have mixed views about Him? Or are they completely different gods altogether? I tend to believe it's the first one because otherwise, why would they all be considered godly spiritual beings? I hope that I explained that well enough. JGalt, JohnDB, I would really like to hear your opinions on this, and yes I know there are many different branches like Catholic and Baptist, but that's not what I'm referring to.
God is a White Supremacist......cuz he doesn't go along with the left's BS.

True, but the ten commandments still exist.

Yes, this is the Moral Law, not civil or ceremonial, which is still in effect. However, the atonement of sins is not. Jesus paid, once and for all.

Also worth pondering:

Jesus' Sermon on the Mount took the Ten Commandments and made them super-charged. You don't murder? Fine. Do you curse people? You don't commit adultery. Fine. Do you lust? Do you look at others with longing? The point is: God is perfectly Holy. And there is no way to Him but to put your entire trust in His Son.

Yes, this is the Moral Law, not civil or ceremonial, which is still in effect. However, the atonement of sins is not. Jesus paid, once and for all.

Oh I was never denying that, all I was doing was simply pointing out that we have rules that we need to follow too. It doesn't save us, but it doesn't take away from the fact that they are still God's laws either.

The only things I have figured out in my life is that there may, indeed, be a Creator or God(dess). But they aren't paying attention to us like so many religious people think.

This is a really good question I just had because it was a topic of conversation a few days ago and hopefully I can explain it correctly. Do you believe that there's only one religion and all of the other ones are false and those gods don't exist, or do you believe that there is still one God, but many different beliefs about Him? I'll give you some examples because I'm not sure if I worded that correctly. Like Allah, Zeus, and God/Jesus.

Are they all the same God, but people have mixed views about Him? Or are they completely different gods altogether? I tend to believe it's the first one because otherwise, why would they all be considered godly spiritual beings? I hope that I explained that well enough. JGalt, JohnDB, I would really like to hear your opinions on this, and yes I know there are many different branches like Catholic and Baptist, but that's not what I'm referring to.
At one time the whole world did believe in the God who is versus the gods of their own making.

The reason being is that God has requirements for attitudes and behaviors that preclude selfish ambition. So people like to deliberately forget this aspect. They always want "MORE".
In fact today the vocabulary words like "moral turpitude" or even "Avarice" are practically unheard of anymore...no one really wants to know what they mean. Often understanding how they might be guilty of such vocabulary words is beyond what they are willing to accept.

So people over the ages have concocted new religions to demonstrate how they were more holy than the rest of the people.
(Self righteousness by means of "I'm holier than thou")

People like to deliberately forget God's decrees...pure and simple and not only want to license what ought not be done but want endorsement and idolization of those who do what shouldn't be done.

At one time the whole world did believe in the God who is versus the gods of their own making.

The reason being is that God has requirements for attitudes and behaviors that preclude selfish ambition. So people like to deliberately forget this aspect. They always want "MORE".
In fact today the vocabulary words like "moral turpitude" or even "Avarice" are practically unheard of anymore...no one really wants to know what they mean. Often understanding how they might be guilty of such vocabulary words is beyond what they are willing to accept.

So people over the ages have concocted new religions to demonstrate how they were more holy than the rest of the people.
(Self righteousness by means of "I'm holier than thou")

People like to deliberately forget God's decrees...pure and simple and not only want to license what ought not be done but want endorsement and idolization of those who do what shouldn't be done.

With all due respect I think you might have misunderstood my question. I wasn't talking about other gods being higher than our God or multiple gods in general. I was talking about is there one God and many beliefs about him or just one God and other fake gods.

So in the end...
There's only ONE God and Jesus is the Way, The Truth, and the Life...there is no other path that people can have access to God.

Oh I still agree there is only one God though either way.

Forum List

Back