Do You Believe That God Has Many Different Forms, Or Do You Only Believe In One Religion?

This is a really good question I just had because it was a topic of conversation a few days ago and hopefully I can explain it correctly. Do you believe that there's only one religion and all of the other ones are false and those gods don't exist, or do you believe that there is still one God, but many different beliefs about Him? I'll give you some examples because I'm not sure if I worded that correctly. Like Allah, Zeus, and God/Jesus.

Are they all the same God, but people have mixed views about Him? Or are they completely different gods altogether? I tend to believe it's the first one because otherwise, why would they all be considered godly spiritual beings? I hope that I explained that well enough. JGalt, JohnDB, I would really like to hear your opinions on this, and yes I know there are many different branches like Catholic and Baptist, but that's not what I'm referring to.
Simply because human society "gropes" in the hope of finding the one true God of Creation is not an indication that they can believe in an accept anything they wish as being a god to them.

"God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that He is the Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; neither is worshiped with men's hands, as though He needed anything, seeing He giveth to all life, and breath and all things, And has made of one blood all nations of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation, THAT THEY SHOULD SEEK THE LORD IF THEY MIGHT HAPLY (by accident) feel after Him and find Him........FOR HE IS NOT FAR FROM EVERY ONE OF US; FOR IN HIM WE LIVE AND MOVE AND HAVE OUR BEING......." -- Acts 17:24-28

Meaning we are born with an innate knowledge in seeking out the Creator......always yearning, sometimes not knowing why..........crying out ABBA (father)......we are born within the God of Creation and He should and does know just who we worship either in righteousness in seeking out and serving the one true God...or mistakenly worshiping a god of this world that originates from the mind of mortal men.

There is only ONE GOD........its our duty to seek out, find and to serve our FATHER, as that is why men were created from THE WORD......God spoke and the world and all that was in it came into existence. To worship God.

Men might attempt to substitute and fill that empty space that we all have in seeking out the meaning to our lives .......but that emptiness will never go away until one comes to THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH. (1 Tim. 2:4)

And once we find that knowledge that leads to truth........one can never unlearn what has been revealed, one always defends the truth and the freedom that comes from that truth. Why? Its a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. (Heb. 10:31).

FEAR: "The fear of Lord is the beginning of wisdom; and the knowledge of the Holy One is UNDERSTANDING."

Logic and Reason tells us that there indeed can be many forms and shapes of religions around the world. All can be incorrect and practiced in a false manner.......but only ONE can be TRUE, as there is no duplicity of truth possible. Truth never changes, truth cannot evolve.....truth is the same for everyone that wishes to put it to the test or it was never truth in the first place.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE. TRUE RELIGION NEVER APOLIGIZES FOR REVEALING OR DEFENDING TRUTH..........without truth there can never be liberty and freedom.

There is an old axiom, "Cherish those who seek the truth; but beware of those who find it." This statement was made by a critic of Christianity........VOLTAIRE, and its easy to understand why he made such a statement. Even the demons BELIEVE, with fear and trembling.

"There is only ONE BODY and ONE SPIRIT, just as you are called in ONE HOPE of your calling; ONE LORD, ONE FAITH, ONE BAPTISM, ONE GOD AND FATHER OF ALL, WHO IS ABOVE ALL, AND THROUGH ALL AND IN YOU ALL." -- Eph. 4:4

Last edited:
With all due respect I think you might have misunderstood my question. I wasn't talking about other gods being higher than our God or multiple gods in general. I was talking about is there one God and many beliefs about him or just one God and other fake gods.
There is only one God and only one way to worship him.

In Spirit and in Truth.
Sure there are many denominations and ways people claim they are worshipping God...but that would be wrong for the reasons I earlier explained.

God wrote a Book...it's called the Bible.
God is omnipotent and omniscient and fully capable of keeping it accurate and widely available. There is no one copy/translation that is more special than another. There are a few groups that have obviously changed scriptures to make it say something other than what it does. (Jehovah witnesses) or those who use an arcaic translation to confuse people with their unique perspective (SDA) or use "something else plus Jesus" to license going against things scriptures say not to do.

God is the author of love and has defined it in scripture.

There is only one God and only one way to worship him.

In Spirit and in Truth.
Sure there are many denominations and ways people claim they are worshipping God...but that would be wrong for the reasons I earlier explained.

Whoa, wait! Wait! What's so wrong with having different denominations? I'm Methodist and you're Baptist. I don't find that a problem. (Also for the record God didn't write the Bible men did.) Btw, this question was originally asked by Joey and I thought it was a good one, so I made it a topic. (He knows who I'm talking about, so I really don't want to get into that part right now.)

I respect you and the fact that you have your beliefs and you have every right to be an atheist, but we also have every right to be Christians.

the beliefs for both are subjective - neither have the right to commit atrocities for which both have committed including all three desert religions only to repeat their errors having wistfully failed to correct them or bother to understand the underlying causes for their errant behavior.

the metaphysical is real, how those forces are interpreted is mostly an exercise of discovery.

Whoa, wait! Wait! What's so wrong with having different denominations? I'm Methodist and you're Baptist. I don't find that a problem. (Also for the record God didn't write the Bible men did.) Btw, this question was originally asked by Joey and I thought it was a good one, so I made it a topic. (He knows who I'm talking about, so I really don't want to get into that part right now.)
There aren't any Baptists or Methodists in Heaven now are there?

All scripture is inspired by God and useful for the man of God to be equipped for every good work.

There aren't any Baptists or Methodists in Heaven now are there?

All scripture is inspired by God and useful for the man of God to be equipped for every good work.

True, but if they trust in Christ they're in Heaven.

the beliefs for both are subjective - neither have the right to commit atrocities for which both have committed including all three desert religions only to repeat their errors having wistfully failed to correct them or bother to understand the underlying causes for their errant behavior.

the metaphysical is real, how those forces are interpreted is mostly an exercise of discovery.
Hardly the fact that Christianity is based upon Subjectivity..........its entire Doctrine is based upon the written Word of God, an objective historical record of the Judeo/Christian philosophy. While......on the other hand atheism is self professed to be a belief based upon "NOTHING".

You are attempting to present the false premise that Christianity is based upon "Fideism": a false doctrine that states that FAITH is the basis of all knowledge. Completely contrary to the doctrine found in the Holy Scriptures. Fideism is a logical....or rather an illogical joke as it attempts to use reason to declare that one should not use reason in matters of religion.

It is true that the Christian religion and the plan for salvation is the product of God and not human reasoning as stated in scripture (2 Peter 1:20-21). This does not imply that God expects or suggests that anyone believe in Him without adequate evidence of His existence.....or that God does not expect people to use their rational capacity for logical and reasonable thought. The Christian is commanded to, "Test all things........." (1 Thess. 5:21)

The natural order of the Universe and the Laws that govern it demands that any reasonable person conclude that a CREATOR caused nature to come into physical existence. There is intelligent design everywhere in nature.......but an atheist must conclude that intelligence came from non-intelligence. The atheist must deny that anyone can come to an understanding of the reality of God from nature. A nature that can't be defined in its origins by Science and the laws of physics. Example: The Law of Causality and the Laws of Thermodynamics......Yet an atheist must accept a Magic self creating Uniserve that came from a Cosmic Egg of Energy that somehow created itself in contradiction to the Laws of Physics.

When one places Atheism to the test.......it fails all logic and reason as it denies the Physical Laws of the Universe and blindly accepts theoretical philosophy as truth........now that is blind faith.

Last edited:
Jesus came to this world as a man and he died and was resurrected in the form of a man never to lay down his resurrected body again.

Revelation 1:17-18
17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Luke 24:36-43
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

From the above verses we see that Jesus, as a resurrected eternal being, has a resurrected body in the form of a man. Not only is it in the form of a man but we know that he rose from the dead by taking on his same body again. His body is now a spiritual body and not a mortal body as Paul teaches in 1 Corinthians 15. He doesn't have to eat to sustain his life but is alive for evermore. However he can eat and as he showed his disciples he has the same image that he had as a man. When all men resurrect, they will then take on a body that is very similar to their mortal body and will live for evermore as a resurrected being. Not only will we resurrect by as Jesus showed his apostles, his resurrected body was made of flesh and bones. When God created mankind he created them in his very image and likeness. Are we not in the very image and likeness of our resurrected Lord and Savior Jesus Christ? I believe that the Father is a man as well. When Jesus was asked to show the Father unto his disciple Philip, Jesus' reply was as follows:

John 14:8-9
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Paul taught the Hebrews that Jesus Christ is the express image of the Father:

Hebrews 1:1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

From this verse we learn that Jesus looks exactly like his Father. Thus if we have seen Jesus we have seen the Father. God the Father and Jesus Christ are exalted mankind. This is why when Stephen saw the heavens open he saw Jesus standing of the right hand of the Father. We also read that Jesus had sat down on his thrown on the right hand side of the Father (see Rev 3:21 and Heb 1:1-3 above). Whenever God is spoken of he is described as having the same attributes as man. Surely man was created in the very image and likeness of God and will be resurrected in the same likeness and image.

This is a really good question I just had because it was a topic of conversation a few days ago and hopefully I can explain it correctly. Do you believe that there's only one religion and all of the other ones are false and those gods don't exist, or do you believe that there is still one God, but many different beliefs about Him? I'll give you some examples because I'm not sure if I worded that correctly. Like Allah, Zeus, and God/Jesus.

Are they all the same God, but people have mixed views about Him? Or are they completely different gods altogether? I tend to believe it's the first one because otherwise, why would they all be considered godly spiritual beings? I hope that I explained that well enough. JGalt, JohnDB, I would really like to hear your opinions on this, and yes I know there are many different branches like Catholic and Baptist, but that's not what I'm referring to.

There have been thousands of mad religions over time and none of them had a good. Even today, regardless of your faith, there is no God and never has been God does not exist. The whole thing is one bug con.

What surprises me is how as we speak there is some mug in his knees praying thinking he will receive eternity. Then there's the jimmy swaggart fraudulent charlatans who do very nicely out of the suckers who think they are buying a ticket to be heaven.

Hardly the fact that Christianity is based upon Subjectivity..........its entire Doctrine is based upon the written Word of God, an objective historical record of the Judeo/Christian philosophy. While......on the other hand atheism is self professed to be a belief based upon "NOTHING".

You are attempting to present the false premise that Christianity is based upon "Fideism": a false doctrine that states that FAITH is the basis of all knowledge. Completely contrary to the doctrine found in the Holy Scriptures. Fideism is a logical....or rather an illogical joke as it attempts to use reason to declare that one should not use reason in matters of religion.

It is true that the Christian religion and the plan for salvation is the product of God and not human reasoning as stated in scripture (2 Peter 1:20-21). This does not imply that God expects or suggests that anyone believe in Him without adequate evidence of His existence.....or that God does not expect people to use their rational capacity for logical and reasonable thought. The Christian is commanded to, "Test all things........." (1 Thess. 5:21)

The natural order of the Universe and the Laws that govern it demands that any reasonable person conclude that a CREATOR caused nature to come into physical existence. There is intelligent design everywhere in nature.......but an atheist must conclude that intelligence came from non-intelligence. The atheist must deny that anyone can come to an understanding of the reality of God from nature. A nature that can't be defined in its origins by Science and the laws of physics. Example: The Law of Causality and the Laws of Thermodynamics......Yet an atheist must accept a Magic self creating Uniserve that came from a Cosmic Egg of Energy that somehow created itself in contradiction to the Laws of Physics.

When one places Atheism to the test.......it fails all logic and reason as it denies the Physical Laws of the Universe and blindly accepts theoretical philosophy as truth........now that is blind faith.

as has been pointed out to you previously, not one word is written in the c bible by the 1st century religious itinerant the book claims to represent - in fact ...

- which was the beginning of the period of the First seven Ecumenical Councils (325–787), and in its late stage by the Edict of Thessalonica of 380, which made Nicene Christianity the state church of the Roman Empire.

the c bible was written 400 years after the 1st century events by those same from the 1st century responsible for the crime committed using again the itinerant for their own agenda that deliberately fails to bring the crucifiers to justice - many of whom presently have participated in this thread.

not one word is mentioned in their book for the reason the itinerant gave their life - liberation theology, self determination for spiritual remission to the Everlasting.

The only things I have figured out in my life is that there may, indeed, be a Creator or God(dess). But they aren't paying attention to us like so many religious people think.
Or that you don't understand how.

Good parents allow their children to make mistakes so that they can learn from them.

Good parents do not allow their children to make mistakes that kill them. Being dead is not a lesson to learn.
Do you usually try to define rules through exceptions? Everything which is born is born to die. Why not blame God for that?

If you can't see how good comes from bad or how man refuses to abandon the concept of good even when he violates it, it's going to be hard for you to see how the law of conservation works in progressing mankind.

You are quick to blame God for what you perceive as bad and refuse to credit God for what you perceive as good. I think I see your problem.

Do you usually try to define rules through exceptions? Everything which is born is born to die. Why not blame God for that?

If you can't see how good comes from bad or how man refuses to abandon the concept of good even when he violates it, it's going to be hard for you to see how the law of conservation works in progressing mankind.

You are quick to blame God for what you perceive as bad and refuse to credit God for what you perceive as good. I think I see your problem.

I was responding to the previous post. If you can't see how my answer applies, I can't help you. And yes, everything which is born will die. But parent will do all they can to prevent childish ways and mistakes from being fatal. I had someone (who had no children) tell me that I should let my children learn the natural consequences of their actions. They said this when I had just given a harsh scolding to my 4 year old after she ran out into the road. I laughed and reminded this "great" parent that the natural consequence of running into the road is death.

And yes, given the proclivity of the "God healed me" stuff, to hear of a single mother dying of something that was such a long shot does make me wonder.

To hear Xtian athletes credit God for a victory in a game, while people of faith are dying or starving, makes me wonder.

To see pastors, preachers and priest blatantly take advantage of their flock, to scam money, to promote hate, and to sexually molest children, deciding not to listen to them is, imho, a smart move.

Religions don't communicate with gods.

Religions are nothing but a societal control that people are duped into accepting through the fear of damnation and the promise of eternal life.

Exactly! If you need to keep the serfs compliant and willing to work themselves to death for your enrichment, tell them all about the great eternal life they will have after they die.

If you want to control the population, control the women and the men will follow.

Forum List

Back