Do you agree with the american race census and how much telling is it

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Kings of Con
I filled out the American Race Census on USAJOBS.gov

nothing fit me really, because usually i check other, because of ethnicity/culture etc. im not exactly asian or indian etc. we arent recognised as such, so i just went by my 23andme genetic results and checked asian and white. i think it is a bit unfair to romanies who have 4 full romanie/"gypsy" grandparents or no genetic results etc. to check asian/white or asian etc., it doesnt fit really. if no one in their family is white etc. and the admixture is ancient? also i doubt that all romanies have so much white admixture, eventhough genetics says otherwise etc. but genetics isnt visible nor important for everyday life, and they arent also exactly asian.
i think there should be "other ethnicty or race" and then a field to say what it is.

second, how much telling is it, what they know now about me, im serbian romanie with some ethnic serbian ancestry but according to the census i could as well be half moroccan half philipino etc. or half dutch half chinese or half turkish half pakistani etc.

they said they want to know if they reached all segments of the population but i think you cant generalise it in such big groups, also romanies originated in india and my mum looks pretty much northindian while my dad is only quarter romanie and looks balkanic serbian so i voted white and asian(east indian) but actually there are socially big differences and culturally etc. asians for example need the highest score for university entry, but should roma have that too? they are much more marginalised and discriminated and much less succesful etc. you cant treat the two as same for affirmative action etc. actually i think romas should have score like african-americans (because they do just as bad).

what do you think?
usajobsracecensus.jpg

post white entitlement America is nothing big, dealio, just a thang.

Forum List

Back