Do We Really Need Guns?

It's my first thread here, and I want to start with the issue, that worries me a lot.

Gun owners always claim that they own guns for self protection, even though the guns in their homes impose a much greater risk to their lives than an intruder. They also state they need guns to protect themselves from the government and from tthr police. Oh, seriously? Other argument for guns is hunting. Food production in the US is quite complex and capable of providing all types of foods to all parts of the country. And, if someone is too poor to buy food to eat, they are too poor to buy weapons. So what for?! Explain me, please.

I truly believe, that guns only do harm There is no use for guns in our society. The 2nd amendment was made in a time where guns were necessary because of the British.
I am in my 60s and have never needed a gun, and none of my friends have either. When I lived in New York City I was out on the streets all night long, including going to after hours clubs in Harlem and the South Bronx. Never did I feel the need to be armed.
Well good for you.

It's my first thread here, and I want to start with the issue, that worries me a lot.

Gun owners always claim that they own guns for self protection, even though the guns in their homes impose a much greater risk to their lives than an intruder. They also state they need guns to protect themselves from the government and from tthr police. Oh, seriously? Other argument for guns is hunting. Food production in the US is quite complex and capable of providing all types of foods to all parts of the country. And, if someone is too poor to buy food to eat, they are too poor to buy weapons. So what for?! Explain me, please.

I truly believe, that guns only do harm There is no use for guns in our society. The 2nd amendment was made in a time where guns were necessary because of the British.
I am in my 60s and have never needed a gun, and none of my friends have either. When I lived in New York City I was out on the streets all night long, including going to after hours clubs in Harlem and the South Bronx. Never did I feel the need to be armed.
I am in my 50s and also have never "needed" a gun. It's not about need it's about want. It's really that simple

I am in my 50s and also have never "needed" a gun. It's not about need it's about want. It's really that simple
My whole family are good shots at target shooting, and it is fun. I do not think that people should be carrying guns for protection.

My whole family are good shots at target shooting, and it is fun. I do not think that people should be carrying guns for protection.
Why the hell not

Well good for you.
Yes, it is good that one does not need to carry a gun for protection.

What would you have them carry instead? Tazers? Knives? Baseball Bats? Or should they just stay out of the bad neighborhoods where you might need protection? I know maybe they should hire bodyguards, then they would solve two problems at once, they have protection and it would cut down on the unemployment problem.

Them deer ain't gonna kill themselves.....

What would you have them carry instead? Tazers? Knives? Baseball Bats? Or should they just stay out of the bad neighborhoods where you might need protection? I know maybe they should hire bodyguards, then they would solve two problems at once, they have protection and it would cut down on the unemployment problem.
I have bad gas....

One does not need to carry any protection. Harlem and the South Bronx were considered bad neighborhoods.

Well good for you.
It's not about need

Well good for you.
It's not about need
Insecurity?

One does not need to carry any protection. Harlem and the South Bronx were considered bad neighborhoods.
It's not about need. I don't need a 4 wheeler, Rhino, 4x4 truck and 4 wheel drive tractor but I want them so I have them. No difference with guns I see one I want I get it

Well good for you.
It's not about need
Insecurity?
Nope I'm 6'7 and 270 I have handled every situation that came my way. It's about want, I see a gun I want I'm free to get it

...Better to have a gun, and not need it, than to need a gun, and don't have it!
Agreed.

I don't own one myself.

Hell, I haven't even been out to a firing range since my Army days.

I decided a long time ago that I didn't want firearms in a house with children.

One thing led to another, and I never purchased one, even though I was tempted from time to time, in either hobbyist or home-defense mode.

But I fully support the Right to Bear Arms.

If I ever change my mind - or if anyone in my family ever wished to purchase one - I want no (and I do mean zero) Constitutional impediment to making such a purchase.

Well good for you.
It's not about need
Insecurity?
Nope I'm 6'7 and 270 I have handled every situation that came my way. It's about want, I see a gun I want I'm free to get it
There is a difference in buying a gun and carrying it in public.

Well good for you.
It's not about need
Insecurity?
I also want to carry so I carry on a daily basis. Again need does not come into the picture

It's not about need
Insecurity?
I also want to carry so I carry on a daily basis. Again need does not come into the picture
Happiness is a warm gun.

Fuck off you stupid little c***!
The FIRST place you'd run to if your home was about to be invaded would be to the MAN down the road with a NRA sign on his lawn.
Permanent Ignore asshole!
What an insecure little man you are.

Forum List

Back