Do We Really Have FREEDOM, in America ?

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
The publicity over Trump's political inexperience (which maybe is actually a good thing), and his brash talk, is starting to take an insignificant by comparison back seat, to the massive issue of the GOP establishment rigging the nominating process, and shoving the American voters into a ditch of irrelevance (in terms of the nomination).

This is one of the biggest issues in American history. Do we have a democratic republic based on millions of people VOTING, or don't we ? What does the right to vote really mean, if candidates for president of the United States are going to be selected in back rooms with locked doors, and delegates being bribed to support certain candidates ?

Do we have the free country we like to think we have, with leaders chosen by the will of the people, or DON'T WE ?

We have freedom to some degree. Probably still more than other nations, but the progressives are taking more and more of our freedoms.

The issue you are complaining about is totally above board (so far), and not in any way robbing anyone of any freedoms.

Freedom is a state of mind..more than a social construct..It also involves how much the third estate of commoners get involved...But, we are pretty much given what we are to accept..

We have freedom to some degree. Probably still more than other nations, but the progressives are taking more and more of our freedoms.

The issue you are complaining about is totally above board (so far), and not in any way robbing anyone of any freedoms.
BULLSHIT!! Who are you ? One of those smoke-filled room, back-room boys, offering all-expenses paid vacation bribes to delegates, to choose YOUR candidate, while dumping the will of the people into the trash can ? Be ashamed of yourself. Very ashamed. This isn't what US military members have fought and died for.

The publicity over Trump's political inexperience (which maybe is actually a good thing), and his brash talk, is starting to take an insignificant by comparison back seat, to the massive issue of the GOP establishment rigging the nominating process, and shoving the American voters into a ditch of irrelevance (in terms of the nomination).

This is one of the biggest issues in American history. Do we have a democratic republic based on millions of people VOTING, or don't we ? What does the right to vote really mean, if candidates for president of the United States are going to be selected in back rooms with locked doors, and delegates being bribed to support certain candidates ?

Do we have the free country we like to think we have, with leaders chosen by the will of the people, or DON'T WE ?
The ONLY freedom one has in America, is their luck, period. Everything is dictated to you, and decided for you.

I've brought this up before, and have been resoundingly told that the President is not elected by democratic one man-one vote, although most other officials are. It has been this way since the beginning, because the States demanded more power than they now have over the federal government. They wouldn't have ratified the Constitution otherwise.
That being said,
The media has been bringing up this idea of a contested convention where the RNC brings in someone the people didn't vote for, or that back the candidate who didn't get the most votes. It's mostly the media and a few horrified Republicans bringing it up, though, and I personally don't believe the RNC will do that. It's media hype to send everyone into a dither so they'll keep watching the news. My advice is, relax and hope for the best. If I'm wrong, you'll have plenty of time to react after the convention.

The ONLY freedom one has in America, is their luck, period. Everything is dictated to you, and decided for you.
Sure looks that way. And it's been that way for a LONG TIME too. Some of us are old enough to remember the 1968 Democratic Convention when candidate Eugene McCarthy (after the other Democratic candidate Robert Kennedy was killed) was screwed out of the nomination. The anti-Vietnam war candidates McCarthy and Kennedy got 80% of the primary vote, and the shameless Democratic party creeps gave the nomination to Hubert Humphrey (who had not won a single primary). The result was the Chicago riots at the convention.

The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen...and we have a very big government.

I agree for the most part but the bullshit we're hearing about in Colorado bypasses the people's voice. Unacceptable

Trump is making the case that he is being railroaded out of the GOP nomination. He's right. This is THE ISSUE of this primary campaign.

I've brought this up before, and have been resoundingly told that the President is not elected by democratic one man-one vote, although most other officials are. It has been this way since the beginning, because the States demanded more power than they now have over the federal government. They wouldn't have ratified the Constitution otherwise.
That being said,
The media has been bringing up this idea of a contested convention where the RNC brings in someone the people didn't vote for, or that back the candidate who didn't get the most votes. It's mostly the media and a few horrified Republicans bringing it up, though, and I personally don't believe the RNC will do that. It's media hype to send everyone into a dither so they'll keep watching the news. My advice is, relax and hope for the best. If I'm wrong, you'll have plenty of time to react after the convention.

YOu are totally WRONG, and on more than one thing.

1. It is a matter of what the RNC will do, It is a matter of what GOP party bosses HAVE ALREADY DONE. They have given more delegates to Cruz in states where he go less votes. They are putting their own selfish wishes over the voting of the public. Period.

2. The states getting power over the federal govt in US president elections, is an issue that is related to the process of ELECTORAL votes in the general election . This is a different issue than that. This is the primaries with GOP party bosses having power over the American voters.

The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen...and we have a very big government.
Yes, and the same thing is happening on the Democratic side. Bernie Sanders is drawing big crowds, winning many primaries, and the delegates are going to Hillary. It's time to get rid of this whole "delegate" thing. Let the VOTERS decide.

The government looks at the citizenry as nothing more than a source for votes and revenue, period. They want our tax dollars, and they want our votes during election years.

I agree for the most part but the bullshit we're hearing about in Colorado bypasses the people's voice. Unacceptable
Why do you agree with PredFan ? He said the primary process is "totally above board (so far), and not in any way robbing anyone of any freedoms" That's absurd. You would call bribing delegates to choose a candidate with less votes, "totally above board" ?
thinking.gif
wtf20.gif

And robbing the people of their freedoms is EXACTLY what is happening. PredFan is apparently ONE OF THOSE people who are doing that. Don't assume everyone in here is unattached from the process, and objective.

BIG GOVERNMENT is now consuming us and our Voice with every trick, scheme these elected bastards in the good ole boys/girls club can come up with. and no we aren't a free country or free people anymore. I've watched it become what it is today over my 60 years. it's sad we are even have this type of discussion

The government looks at the citizenry as nothing more than a source for votes and revenue, period. They want our tax dollars, and they want our votes during election years.
True, but that is slightly off topic. This thread is about non-govt party bosses, who are controlling the primary process, and doing it against the will of the American voters.

Oh yea?

who dictated the last time i had sex?

just shhh.

Why do you agree with PredFan ? He said the primary process is "totally above board (so far), and not in any way robbing anyone of any freedoms" That's absurd. You would call bribing delegates to choose a candidate with less votes, "totally above board" ?
thinking.gif
wtf20.gif

And robbing the people of their freedoms is EXACTLY what is happening. PredFan is apparently ONE OF THOSE people who are doing that. Don't assume everyone in here is unattached from the process, and objective.
I agreed for the most part. Do you understand what that means? I even went on to explain it.

READ
COMPREHEND
WIN

Forum List

Back