Do we really have a clean start rule? I see we don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clean start rule is where your title has to match the thread title and it has to have a link.

Well at least that is what I'm told. It doesn't seem to be enforced evenly.

You also have to provide some personal content on why the subject should be discussed.

You also have to provide some personal content on why the subject should be discussed.
Well I made a thread just like most of these are n the forum and they are moved.

Why doesn't it apply on the thread that I purposely copied to see if there was bias. Just changed the democrat and Republican part of the thread.

Clean start rule is where your title has to match the thread title and it has to have a link.

I think it depends on which sub-forum you are in. Each has different rules

1654814806507.png

There's more to the clean start policy than that.

Read the frakkin' rules and perhaps you won't have to create an unnecessary thread.

Personally I could care less if you do or not but don't complain when your thread ends up closed or in the Badlands.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Seems to be a lot of confusion on Clean Start Rule. I pulled this off of a link within the USMB Site Guidelines and Regulations page. It was written by a Senior Mod
Titles and Opening Posts
1) Title must contain sufficient clues about the ACTUAL expected discussion. Titles like "How stupid are These People" can't be SEARCHED or indexed for search for the use of members or mods to find and manage existing active threads.
2) Titles must be free of INFLAMMATORY words, name calling or "pet names".. Those things are what make a title "baiting".
3) The "user content" in OPs that the existing rules require needs to be "stepped up".. "Get a load of this" -- is no longer sufficient topical content"... Must be 2 lines or more.. The more the better.. Must SUMMARIZE the topic to be discussed and why you think it NEEDS discussion..
To sum that up.. We're REQUIRING the Original Posters to START a clean topical discussion.,. No more juiced incendiary titles and ranting OPs.. If it's important enough for you to dash to a keyboard to poke it in -- need to put in the effort to start the discussion with YOUR views of the topic..

Well, you might want to show us an example of where someone else's thread has been treated differently than your thread. I mean, you can say whatever you want. Until you prove it, it's just you running your mouth.

Just post a thread attacking the right wing and see. And do it just like the right wingers do it.

And see for yourself.

Well I made a thread just like most of these are n the forum and they are moved.

Why doesn't it apply on the thread that I purposely copied to see if there was bias. Just changed the democrat and Republican part of the thread.

Clean start can get something moved to a topic that doesn't require it I believe,

I used the same words and how the right winger thread was set up. Only change the left wing into the right wing. Or se.oxrat into Republican and boom gone.

The same thread from the right winger is still up.

Seems to be a lot of confusion on Clean Start Rule. I pulled this off of a link within the USMB Site Guidelines and Regulations page. It was written by a Senior Mod
Titles and Opening Posts
1) Title must contain sufficient clues about the ACTUAL expected discussion. Titles like "How stupid are These People" can't be SEARCHED or indexed for search for the use of members or mods to find and manage existing active threads.
2) Titles must be free of INFLAMMATORY words, name calling or "pet names".. Those things are what make a title "baiting".
3) The "user content" in OPs that the existing rules require needs to be "stepped up".. "Get a load of this" -- is no longer sufficient topical content"... Must be 2 lines or more.. The more the better.. Must SUMMARIZE the topic to be discussed and why you think it NEEDS discussion..
To sum that up.. We're REQUIRING the Original Posters to START a clean topical discussion.,. No more juiced incendiary titles and ranting OPs.. If it's important enough for you to dash to a keyboard to poke it in -- need to put in the effort to start the discussion with YOUR views of the topic..
This explanation is sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back