Do we now trust celebrities over politicians?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
And if so, what does this mean about us?
Or, about our country?

Or, about our country?
I think we trust the things that we believe are truthful. Politicians, celebs, the media, people at our churches and schools and workplace all have people that are full of shit that we don't trust and others who we do.

What made you come to the statement that we trust celebs more than our politicians?

Or, about our country?
I think we trust the things that we believe are truthful. Politicians, celebs, the media, people at our churches and schools and workplace all have people that are full of shit that we don't trust and others who we do.

What made you come to the statement that we trust celebs more than our politicians?
This whole Oprah for President thing. Seems our society is now looking more to the celebrity pool for Presidents more than the Congressional or Gubernatorial pool....

Or, about our country?

This whole Oprah for President thing. Seems our society is now looking more to the celebrity pool for Presidents more than the Congressional or Gubernatorial pool....
Oh, i see. I think Oprah is popular not just because she is a talk show host but she is a historical figure in our society on many levels. I would be shocked if she ran for president and don't think she would get very far. Hopefully our country is learning that bringing in a leader with no political experience isn't perhaps the smartest idea. If she wants to run for prez I'd hope she would start by running for mayor and then governor to get her feet wet.

Seems our society is now looking more to the celebrity pool for Presidents more than the Congressional or Gubernatorial pool....

did it start with Reagan, or before him?

Granted, he was Governor of Ca, but people associated him with the big and little screen

Or, about our country?

Most civilizations don't go out with a bang, but with a whimper.

Cy2XPPUXcAACD43.jpg

Seems our society is now looking more to the celebrity pool for Presidents more than the Congressional or Gubernatorial pool....

did it start with Reagan, or before him?

Granted, he was Governor of Ca, but people associated him with the big and little screen

At least he had experience before he was President, and he worked in politics as part of the Goldwater campaign prior to that.

He also led the SAG for a year or so.

We know and spend way more time with celebrities. then politicians

Reagan was a two term governor of the most prosperous state in the Union. It's economy was (and still is) yuuuger than most countries in Europe.

But, I think it may be a sign of good health to look towards non-career pols. Reagan of course wasn't a career pol. But, Truman and JFK came to politics more as happenstance. Ike. Even HW believed in making money first, and politics as a second career.

I've NEVER watched Ophra's show. Looked at her booklist a couple of times though. Didn't care. LOL

But do we really know them? They do have more tv face time. We only see what they want us to see

But do we really know them? They do have more tv face time. We only see what they want us to see
We only see what they want us to see
Isn't it really the same with politicians?
Yes, but they don't have nearly the amount of FaceTime with the public to exibit their acting abilities, thus, not the general public recognition

Forum List

Back