Do we need to fear God?

By your own standards, Christianity is not an Abrahamic Religion also. Therein lies the fault in your suggestion.
Abraham foretold of Christ. They are related. Islam is NOT.

PS: Stop trying to use your Alinsky bullshit on me.

Abraham foretold of Christ. They are related. Islam is NOT.

PS: Stop trying to use your Alinsky bullshit on me.
Islam relates their origin to Abraham, he is considered their first prophet. The three religions share the belief in a monotheistic god although it is known by different names.

Me too. Here's one... the USSR Turned Houses of Worship Into Museums of Atheism.
I looked it up, most churches were used as warehouses. And the metal church bells and crucifixes were melted down for the great industrialization project. See: Soviet History and the Church.

I looked it up, most churches were used as warehouses. And the metal church bells and crucifixes were melted down for the great industrialization project. See: Soviet History and the Church.
I didn't say all. I said, "the USSR Turned Houses of Worship Into Museums of Atheism."

"...But 15 years after the Russian Revolution, in January 1932, the cathedral was closed. When it reopened in November, it had a wholly different icon at its helm. This giant edifice was now a temple of atheism, one of hundreds of anti-religious museums in the Soviet Union’s former churches, synagogues, and mosques..."

Along with guilt.
Not if you understand Christ. He wants us to lay the guilt at his feet and let him carry the burden. He understands it's hard to learn from one's mistakes when anxiety prevents one from being honest. It's not about being perfect. It's about progressing.

Ironically, only believers fear god's wrath. Fear must be one of the tools church leaders used to keep the faithful in line.
That's not very enlightened of you to see it that way. But then again... you are on a mission.

"We must know how to combat religion..." Vladimir Lenin

Not if you understand Christ. He wants us to lay the guilt at his feet and let him carry the burden. He understands it's hard to learn from one's mistakes when anxiety prevents one from being honest. It's not about being perfect. It's about progressing.
I have no guilt to unburden.

I have no guilt to unburden.
Then you are a rare individual indeed. But I happen to believe that if you show me a man who claims he is good, that he probably isn't. I believe the same concept would apply to guilt as well.

Then you are a rare individual indeed. But I happen to believe that if you show me a man who claims he is good, that he probably isn't. I believe the same concept would apply to guilt as well.

Sorry, you inability to reason with a force greater than yourself is not my concern.

Sorry, you inability to reason with a force greater than yourself is not my concern.
If you are talking about God... it's not about reasoning, it's about surrendering. Which sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Luckily for me he uses it all for good.

If we are talking about militant atheists... they can't be reasoned with. They are devoid of intellect and honesty.

If you are talking about God... it's not about reasoning, it's about surrendering. Which sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Luckily for me he uses it all for good.

If we are talking about militant atheists... they can't be reasoned with. They are devoid of intellect and honesty.
That is your choice.

That's not very enlightened of you to see it that way. But then again... you are on a mission.

"We must know how to combat religion..." Vladimir Lenin
Yes, I like to inform people of their frivolous belief systems before they cause any more damage to said individuals. God is a cop-out for most people unwilling to take responsibility for their own actions.

Forum List

Back