Do we need to fear God?

If you are talking about God... it's not about reasoning, it's about surrendering. Which sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Luckily for me he uses it all for good.

If we are talking about militant atheists... they can't be reasoned with. They are devoid of intellect and honesty.
Militant atheists are the most annoying beings on this planet. Worse than Jehovah's Witnesses.

Now agnostics are pretty laid back. They're not judging people and being dickheads.

Agnostics are like real people. Militant atheists? They are religious zealots of the most annoying kind.

Who is Alinsky ? Why would I listen to a Russian ?
Okay...You're using Saul Alinsky tactics, and who is Russian?
I don't think he was Russian. He was Hillary Rodham's commie idol. Pretty sure he was American, though. American commie asshat.

Yep, American. Sad.

Such a biblical nice name his parents gave him. What a dick!

Militant atheists are the most annoying beings on this planet. Worse than Jehovah's Witnesses.

Now agnostics are pretty laid back. They're not judging people and being dickheads.

Agnostics are like real people. Militant atheists? They are religious zealots of the most annoying kind.
No one is annoying as Jehovah's Witnesses; they actually believe they're doing good and their acts will gain them entrance and glory into the kingdom.

Militant atheists are a tad more annoying to everyone.
The few atheists I know really don't get involved in religious propaganda at all. They seem to be living good lives, are good neighbors and mostly keep to themselves. But I'm sure there are some radical ones like every other group has.

I know, all religions are a bad joke. I don't know why anyone still supports them. Science doesn't come with any great cost, it simply serves us well.
Yet science only reveals that which it has the evidence to reveal as truth.......Science cannot present a truthful origin to the Universe..........Science cannot present a truthful origin to biological life. Men pretend to be working with science....but real science can be applied to project facts, what some call science today (theoretical science and cosmology) are nothing but Human philosophies pretending to be real science, as the first rules of applying science is it must be Observable, Reproducible and Consistent with each application of experimentation.

I believe in SCIENCE and the LAWS OF PHYSICS......I simply accept only APPLIED SCIENCE as truth, the rest is opinion, speculation, conjecture and assumptions. Theories are called theories for a reason........the lack of evidence to prove they are FACTS of SCIENCE.

Its impossible to have observed something from the past. The only method of calibrating truth would be RECORDED HISTORY.......which has been documented to be but thousands of years.

The majority of theoretical science is DOGMA......its based upon conjecture, assumption, and speculation (another word for GUESS). Its impossible to observe reality today and conclude the same conditions existed eon's ago.......but all the theories of Carbon Dating, Geology, and archaeology claim the universe has been static over eons and apply that which is observable today against that which is history. How can you accurately date and calibrate anything's age past recorded history.....you cannot.

When I am dead and buried and perhaps thousands of years from now someone might dig me up.........I hope they don't claim that I am as old as the dirt that I am buried in. Fossils are often dating like this, by the supposed age of the rock they are found in........and in a continuance of circular logic, the strata is dated by the fossils that are located within the dirt. And they declare they can prove this via radio carbon dating, as if the rate of decay in certain radio active elements has remained static over the eons........when its been proven that every inch of earth's surface at some point in its history has been UNDER WATER.

Thus the theory that claims that the rate of decay has been static over the eon's with certain radioactive elements, when in reality Applied Science proves that simple water leeching effects the rate of decay, the earth's magnetic field effect said decay.....etc. The universe is in a constant state of flux in exhausting energy.

One simple question? Have you or anyone ever witnessed the Birth of a STAR? If so, name one new star that has been born over the course of human history. Don't confuse the theory that some Nebula might be a star nursery. Show me a new star that never existed before out of the billions and trillions of stars that can be observed. You can demonstrate the death of a Star....but not the birth of a new star. The excuse? It takes 10 million years for a Nova to become a New Star......which is BS. With all the stars that are visible........and the fact that it could take billions of years for the light from said star to become observable........New stars should be popping up like popcorn. All you get is a "claim" that new stars are about to be born, again based upon conjecture, speculation and assumption, or this area of the Universe is filled with NEW STARS......what they then speculation on is the fact that they have just now noticed these stars and are calling them NEW STARS The question is how do you know that which is has never been observed? You cannot.

Last edited:
Yes, I like to inform people of their frivolous belief systems before they cause any more damage to said individuals. God is a cop-out for most people unwilling to take responsibility for their own actions.
You don't know the first thing about Christianity - or any other religion - if you believe it doesn't teach accountability.

This is just you with your usual combating of religion.

"We must know how to combat religion..." Vladimir Lenin

The few atheists I know really don't get involved in religious propaganda at all. They seem to be living good lives, are good neighbors and mostly keep to themselves. But I'm sure there are some radical ones like every other group has.
Just the militant ones like you.

Your way of seeing religion is exactly aligned with the founding fathers of communism.

Agreed. I'm tired of their robber bird game. Let's see how they like having their nest attacked for a change. I'm all in on it.

Ironically, only believers fear god's wrath. Fear must be one of the tools church leaders used to keep the faithful in line.

That is patently false and illogical.

A believer does not need to fear God's wrath because believers are saved, forgiven, forever reconciled to God...

As it says in Romans 8:1

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

And I'll post 1 John 4:18 again, for the third time:

There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.

That is patently false and illogical.

A believer does not need to fear God's wrath because believers are saved, forgiven, forever reconciled to God...

As it says in Romans 8:1

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

And I'll post 1 John 4:18 again, for the third time:

There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.
I believe he - and others like him - who habitually attack religion in general and Christianity in particular, intentionally take scripture out of context to confirm their biases because they are insecure with their choice. They need to tear down others to build themselves up. It's not a good look.

I believe he - and others like him - who habitually attack religion in general and Christianity in particular, intentionally take scripture out of context to confirm their biases because they are insecure with their choice. They need to tear down others to build themselves up. It's not a good look.
I agree. But in this case, he didn't use a scripture… I had to comment because what he said was completely illogical.

But yeah, I agree that the more vocal atheists and skeptics among us doth protest too much, methinks. They clearly don't have peace that only comes from a right relationship with God.

Yet science only reveals that which it has the evidence to reveal as truth.......Science cannot present a truthful origin to the Universe..........Science cannot present a truthful origin to biological life. Men pretend to be working with science....but real science can be applied to project facts, what some call science today (theoretical science and cosmology) are nothing but Human philosophies pretending to be real science, as the first rules of applying science is it must be Observable, Reproducible and Consistent with each application of experimentation.

I believe in SCIENCE and the LAWS OF PHYSICS......I simply accept only APPLIED SCIENCE as truth, the rest is opinion, speculation, conjecture and assumptions. Theories are called theories for a reason........the lack of evidence to prove they are FACTS of SCIENCE.

Its impossible to have observed something from the past. The only method of calibrating truth would be RECORDED HISTORY.......which has been documented to be but thousands of years.

The majority of theoretical science is DOGMA......its based upon conjecture, assumption, and speculation (another word for GUESS). Its impossible to observe reality today and conclude the same conditions existed eon's ago.......but all the theories of Carbon Dating, Geology, and archaeology claim the universe has been static over eons and apply that which is observable today against that which is history. How can you accurately date and calibrate anything's age past recorded history.....you cannot.

When I am dead and buried and perhaps thousands of years from now someone might dig me up.........I hope they don't claim that I am as old as the dirt that I am buried in. Fossils are often dating like this, by the supposed age of the rock they are found in........and in a continuance of circular logic, the strata is dated by the fossils that are located within the dirt. And they declare they can prove this via radio carbon dating, as if the rate of decay in certain radio active elements has remained static over the eons........when its been proven that every inch of earth's surface at some point in its history has been UNDER WATER.

Thus the theory that claims that the rate of decay has been static over the eon's with certain radioactive elements, when in reality Applied Science proves that simple water leeching effects the rate of decay, the earth's magnetic field effect said decay.....etc. The universe is in a constant state of flux in exhausting energy.

One simple question? Have you or anyone ever witnessed the Birth of a STAR? If so, name one new star that has been born over the course of human history. Don't confuse the theory that some Nebula might be a star nursery. Show me a new star that never existed before out of the billions and trillions of stars that can be observed. You can demonstrate the death of a Star....but not the birth of a new star. The excuse? It takes 10 million years for a Nova to become a New Star......which is BS. With all the stars that are visible........and the fact that it could take billions of years for the light from said star to become observable........New stars should be popping up like popcorn. All you get is a "claim" that new stars are about to be born, again based upon conjecture, speculation and assumption, or this area of the Universe is filled with NEW STARS......what they then speculation on is the fact that they have just now noticed these stars and are calling them NEW STARS The question is how do you know that which is has never been observed? You cannot.
Science has proven how the Universe came into existence ; it's called the "Big Bang Theory ". You must have missed it in class, the theory was first suggested in the 1920's. You are asking why and how ? Neither science nor religion can answer those questions. If a GOD exists, it isn't giving us any answers either.

Science has proven how the Universe came into existence ; it's called the "Big Bang Theory ". You must have missed it in class, the theory was first suggested in the 1920's. You are asking why and how ? Neither science nor religion can answer those questions. If a GOD exists, it isn't giving us any answers either.
Actually ancient man knew 6,000 years before science knew that the universe was not created from pre-existing matter. Or did you not realize that all matter and energy was created at the Big Bang from nothing?

The account of Genesis is amazingly accurate in that it recorded that God created the universe and then light appeared. As in let there be light. Or were you not aware that the universe was opaque for the first 380,000 years until it cooled enough for radiation to decouple from matter? So the phrase let there be light after God created the heavens and earth is accurate.

And that everything that came after it did so as a process. Such that everything did not occur at once. And that man is a product of that creation. Man is made from dust so to speak... star dust.

Last edited:
If a GOD exists, it isn't giving us any answers either.
That isn't really correct either.

In a closed universe the gravitational energy which is always negative exactly compensates the positive energy of matter. So the energy of a closed universe is always zero. So nothing prevents this universe from being spontaneously created. Because the net energy is always zero. The positive energy of matter is balanced by the negative energy of the gravity of that matter which is the space time curvature of that matter. There is no conservation law that prevents the formation of such a universe. In quantum mechanics if something is not forbidden by conservation laws, then it necessarily happens with some non-zero probability. So a closed universe can spontaneously appear - through the laws of quantum mechanics - out of nothing. And in fact there is an elegant mathematical description which describes this process and shows that a tiny closed universe having very high energy can spontaneously pop into existence and immediately start to expand and cool. In this description, the same laws that describe the evolution of the universe also describe the appearance of the universe which means that the laws were in place before the universe itself.

If a GOD exists
It's interesting that you would say that given your posts about your near death experience. It seems to contradict what you said there.

Years ago I reached it in and out of body experience. I was told that it was too early for me to go back. I didn't have the time or knowing to ask questions. The second time was about 15-20 years ago when I had a near-death experience. Then I asked a lot of questions.

So I'm curious who you asked all those questions to.

I think I smell a rat. Is it time for you to leave yet and come back under a different screen name?

"We must know how to combat religion..." Vladimir Lenin

Yes, Vlad, you combat religion through a series of lies and you tell them often.

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth." Vladimir Lenin

Forum List

Back