Do the poor earn their income?

my xbox just died and now i need to replace it. Lucky i sold off a few things so i have enough to buy a new one. Weighing my options i even saved 50$ by buying the hdd separate from the xbox.

I am classified as poor. Its been a messed up summer for my construction work. ( the work is there but the boss and such have been dragging ass on work)

right now i need every penny i can muster for food, gas and baby shit. Taking 5% taxes out of mu pay check will affect me a lot more than someone making 250k a year.

I've lived off 20k a year, so to sit there and say you are struggling to make it when you make 250k a year is a fucking joke.

I will trade anyday of the week. That being said i am not for taking people out the wazoo either. A reasonable rate is fine.

what is your gt?

gt?

Gamer Tag for online play. I play with and without my kids and grandkids frequently

Someone has to pay for their 50" tv's and xbox's

my xbox just died and now i need to replace it. Lucky i sold off a few things so i have enough to buy a new one. Weighing my options i even saved 50$ by buying the HDD separate from the xbox.

I am classified as poor. Its been a messed up summer for my construction work. ( the work is there but the boss and such have been dragging ass on work)

Right now i need every penny i can muster for food, gas and baby shit. Taking 5% taxes out of mu pay check will affect me a lot more than someone making 250k a year.

I've lived off 20k a year, so to sit there and say you are struggling to make it when you make 250k a year is a fucking joke.

I will trade anyday of the week. That being said i am not for taking people out the wazoo either. a reasonable rate is fine.

Welcome to the real world.

Just because something will hurt YOU more then someone else........ you prefer that they pay your share.

Some rich work very hard and risk a lot others inherit and do nothing, JKF for example.

Some poor work their butt off and other don't.

It is too broad a brush to use in this context.

If they work for it, yes. Otherwise, no, because it's not income.

If it imoney/entitlements... are handed to them... its income.

The question this was spun off of was if the "rich" earn theirs...... I say they do.

Do the poor "earn" their "income" ... is say they do not.

Sorry, I regard those payments to the poor as receipt of transfer payments. It's certainly not earned.

It is income. It is money put into their pockets.

They do not earn it.

There are folks with bona fide disabilities that don't work and should receive social safety net support if needed.

Then there are those who game the system and don't work and demand entitlment of such sustenance..

The Liberal refusal to make a separation / distinction between the two and take steps to cull them from the ranks means the ones who truly need it receive less benefit and little opportunity for meaningful reform.

Last edited:

The question this was spun off of was if the "rich" earn theirs...... I say they do.

You know Syrenn that govt money always comes with strings. A person recieving govt entitlements or housing is subject to some indignities already. Such as drug testing, apt inspections, regular interviews with unemployment ect..

However -- If it's really a social contract to provide this safety net -- how much could we ask (demand) in return? Really want to fix some problems? How about losing your entitlements if your teen drops out of high school? How about losing WICC Dollars if you become pregnant again under WICC?

Could we "ask" these things as part of the contract? (I wouldn't if it was charity). If we can't ask for stuff in return -- it's not really a work contract is it?

Yes i know receiving entitlements for SOME it has indignities. It is humiliating for SOME. For a good deal, MOST in my opinion, do not feel that at all. All it is is a check...and they want more. Nothing indignant or humiliating about it.

The bottom line is.... it is free. If you do not want it, don't sigh up for it.

I agree completely..... fi you live in public housing and your child drops out of school..or is not passing... you loose everything and are given the boot. If they are a gang member or caught in any crime (including the parents) you lose your place in public. If you are on any entitlement...and have MORE children then you already have.... you get nothing more.

I also feel that 20 hours of public community service must be given each week, sighned off on..... before you receive a check.

Your right, I say poor people stop fighting to maintain the status quo and just stop working. It is hardly worth it anyway, just let it go.

Then we can see how the 'class that earns' survives when they dont have wage slaves earning money for them.

Now shut your pie hole before we start thinking that you would like to go back to plantation days, and all the blacks can be replaced with people who were unfortunate enough to be born into a household with no capitol.

Yes, there is that argument that you make more on welfare and entitlments...and it is so much easier... then actually working.

By the way....
If slaves wanted to eat.... they worked for it.

You know Syrenn that govt money always comes with strings. A person recieving govt entitlements or housing is subject to some indignities already. Such as drug testing, apt inspections, regular interviews with unemployment ect..

However -- If it's really a social contract to provide this safety net -- how much could we ask (demand) in return? Really want to fix some problems? How about losing your entitlements if your teen drops out of high school? How about losing WICC Dollars if you become pregnant again under WICC?

Could we "ask" these things as part of the contract? (I wouldn't if it was charity). If we can't ask for stuff in return -- it's not really a work contract is it?

Yes i know receiving entitlements for SOME it has indignities. It is humiliating for SOME. For a good deal, MOST in my opinion, do not feel that at all. All it is is a check...and they want more. Nothing indignant or humiliating about it.

I agree completely..... fi you live in public housing and your child drops out of school..or is not passing... you loose everything and are given the boot. If they are a gang member or caught in any crime (including the parents) you lose your place in public. If you are on any entitlement...and have MORE children then you already have.... you get nothing more.

I also feel that 20 hours of public community service must be given each week, sighned off on..... before you receive a check.

even the blind and crippled, and children?

dragonplasma on Playstation and Xbox.....

GOW3 is a week! Fucking stoked

Ill send ya a FR

Xbox Grampa Murked U

PS3 H8Laggers

My kids boyfriends picked my Xbox name, drives kids nuts online sometimes
ill warn you right now. Im mean, sarcastic and i will make fun of you regardless of who you are. But you have to understand i tease and you can tease back.

Case in point i ran with this meme of one of buddies liked trannies for 4 months. another is that one of my guys tells really boring stories. He's boring and is longwinded.

And there is a lot of gay dick jokes.

I have my moments but im not into all the childish pissing contests. I mute idiots like that. I dont play GOW online but my kids do. I play cod and bf

my xbox just died and now i need to replace it. Lucky i sold off a few things so i have enough to buy a new one. Weighing my options i even saved 50$ by buying the HDD separate from the xbox.

Right now i need every penny i can muster for food, gas and baby shit. Taking 5% taxes out of mu pay check will affect me a lot more than someone making 250k a year.

I will trade anyday of the week. That being said i am not for taking people out the wazoo either. a reasonable rate is fine.

Just because something will hurt YOU more then someone else........ you prefer that they pay your share.

ah so you admit it will hurt someone more who makes 20k a year.
I pay my share in taxes. State, Federal sales, and sometimes if i am lucky i get some of it back.

I am saying... everyone should pay the same in taxes.... i don't give a shit if you are rich or poor....flat tax. They take 20% from you...and 20% from them... This is not about taxes. I don't care who it hurts...everyone bleeds the same.

I am asking if the Poor... earn their income. Not the working poor mind you. I know full well that they work very hard and life can be a struggle.

Understand that I'm not ADVOCATING piling on tons of expectations. But for leftists who talk about "social contracts" and how entitlements are "income" -- a REAL contract would be a 2-way deal.

It's tempting to gain some control tho isn't it? Just don't trust the govt with that power.

Don't really like "forcing" people to fix knotty problems like drug addiction or lack of self-control. Not the clinical solution. Only thing that works is one-on-one counseling and care. Something the govt can't really provide.

Ive been on the side of 20k (and lower) and on the side of 150k (current). I can tell you, 150k isn't what you concider rich. It's just another step toward it. Think about it, when you had a bad year, you survived on 10k and thought 'man, it would be great to double my money and make 20k' now tgat your at 20k do you feel rich? Why not? Your making twice as much as you did before, you should be putting 10k a year in the bank as savings.

The reality is that as you make more, you spend more. You find more things that you need and never could afford before. That mobile home becomes a 2 bedroom one bath house. Then it becomes 3/2. Then a 3/2 with a garage. Then a place in the burbs with a yard in nice area. Without even knowing it, your house bill alone is $30k ... Before you know it, you don't want to drive the 20+ year old car with no A/C, you want a newer and nicer car. Before you know it, your car payment is more then your rent used to be.

The more you make, the more you spend. I make over $100k and I'll tell you something, during the down times, I life paycheck to paycheck to. Like you, I have bills to pay, they may be more then yours, but the bank still wants their money.

Now I guess you think that it's alright that I should have to sell my
home and car because Obama wants to raise my taxes, but I'm thinking 'you know what?I earned this stuff, I worked my abs off to make the money I spend on this stuff. How about the 'poor' stand up on their own two feet and word to make it in the world like I did instead of taking what I earn to subsidize their handouts'

You sound like a good hard working person, I'm sure that as lone as you maintain that work ethic, higher wages are on the horizon for you. When you get there and start making 100k look back on these posts you made and try to think how in the world you
ever survived on a lowly 10-20k .... Then you learn just why we are protective of what our hard earned sweat has gotten us

The working poor are obviously working very hard to earn their incomes but in the same breath pay no federal income tax.

When did federal income taxes become the bench mark for fairness?

You know the working poor pay a larger percentage of their income in sales tax and payrolls taxes. Much larger share than the "rich". Shouldn't we then raise those taxes on the rich in addition to raising income taxes on the poor?

this thread was made in response to one that was running at the time. "do the rich earn their income"

I am not speaking only of the "working" poor. Everyone pays sales tax... rich and poor alike. Though i would make the case that the rich.... pay more in sales tax.

How about the just plane old poor....who do jack shit. Are they earning their income?

There are way more working poor than there are non-working poor.

I dont think liberals refuse You have to understand these people are LYING to gain things from the system. At least the ones who could work. Those people deserve nothing for abusing the system set in place to help others.

They didnt seem, including yourself, to make such a distinction in the thread about the hypothetical question re: the able 30 y/o choosing to not provide for his own healthcare and what he is owed as a result tossed out to Ron Paul last night by Blitzer.

There are folks with bona fide disabilities that don't work and should receive social safety net support if needed.

Then there are those who game the system and don't work and demand entitlment of such sustenance..

The Liberal refusal to make a separation / distinction between the two and take steps to cull them from the ranks means the ones who truly need it receive less benefit and little opportunity for meaningful reform.

I dont think liberals refuse You have to understand these people are LYING to gain things from the system. At least the ones who could work. Those people deserve nothing for abusing the system set in place to help others.

I agree... and the abusers are sucking the system dry of monies that are meant to truly the ones who need help.

Those poor... are not earning their income.

You need every penny you can muster for food, gas and baby shit - but you bought an xbox?

Hmmmmm......

even the blind and crippled, and children?

The children need to be making passing grades in school and staying out of trouble with the law That is THEIR job.

What ever happened to the "disabled" wanting nothing more then being treated like "everyone else" ..... I am sure a blind person can volunteer at a library or answer phones.... I am very sure a crippled person in a wheel chair do something too.

Absolutely! Its called
EQUALITY

And even though you dont believe in it, it is one of the principals that used to make America great.

Forum List

Back