It is true that girls have a higher chance to get into college than males. But...don't we fail them it explorations and discoveries? For example, see how many girl astronauts exist and how many male ones? We need to put more money in promoting adventure for girls. Your take?

Oh dear, an inequity. Well be sure and pass lots of laws to fix it.

It is true that girls have a higher chance to get into college than males. But...don't we fail them it explorations and discoveries? For example, see how many girl astronauts exist and how many male ones? We need to put more money in promoting adventFrom a personal point of view I recently ure for girls. Your take?
Girls have not traditionally gone into "STEM" type fields. That has been changing even if it's not fast enough for many people.
The astronaut example is a good one. Many positions in the astronaut program have traditionally been filled by military personnel. Only recently have women been rising to higher positions in the military so it should be no surprise that they have not risen to the upper echelons yet. Such changes take time.

From personal experience I've been pleasantly surprised by the number of girls I've met recently that are pursuing engineering degrees. Again change takes time.

It is true that girls have a higher chance to get into college than males. But...don't we fail them it explorations and discoveries? For example, see how many girl astronauts exist and how many male ones? We need to put more money in promoting adventFrom a personal point of view I recently ure for girls. Your take?
Girls have not traditionally gone into "STEM" type fields. That has been changing even if it's not fast enough for many people.
The astronaut example is a good one. Many positions in the astronaut program have traditionally been filled by military personnel. Only recently have women been rising to higher positions in the military so it should be no surprise that they have not risen to the upper echelons yet. Such changes take time.

From personal experience I've been pleasantly surprised by the number of girls I've met recently that are pursuing engineering degrees. Again change takes time.

Has anyone also noticed that the bigoted NFL has not allowed one female player?

What we need is for Washington to spring into action and force the NFL to accept women like they did forcing the military to accept women to fight and die on the battle field.

It is true that girls have a higher chance to get into college than males. But...don't we fail them it explorations and discoveries? For example, see how many girl astronauts exist and how many male ones? We need to put more money in promoting adventure for girls. Your take?

Girls and women mature earlier and are more likely to value education, so they take advantage of it when given the chance, generally speaking. They are more socialized as well, so they trend more to ideals and respect for merit, so yes it's only natural for them to do better in structured environments like academia and corporate life when artificial cultural barriers are removed.

And no, schools aren't failing girls any more so than males; they generally suck at serving both sexes when they're badly run.
That would be a nice concept, if females didn't also have a roller coaster of hormones to deal with..

Maybe we should be putting more value on the type of work women do instead of wishing they would be the same as men.
This is an interesting concept, and goes directly against the feminism propaganda. Also interesting, why this aspect is never marketed. Most people don't even know what these items are. Do you have a few to throw in here? Would be interesting for discussion.
I think all one would need to do is look up the statistics on what programs women are entering at university level. Obviously, that is what they are interested in. Why is engineering valued more than teaching, for example? Perhaps many women go into teaching. Where would our nation be without educators? Or medicine, doctors? I know of many young women who enter the field of medicine. Why is that not promoted as much as engineering?
Teaching is one of those fields, that especially suffers from gender inequality. I don't know about medicine, but all those programs that you imply women prefer are because women are better at them than men. And so maybe this is the core of the problem, that women want to reduce the variance of their chosen subjects by selecting against the weaker performers in them such as men, hence no advertising of it. On the other hand, men are more inclusive and friendly, and men accept women into their chosen fields for the value of a better work environment, rather than just plain competition.

Oh dear, an inequity. Well be sure and pass lots of laws to fix it.
Writing laws is fun. There are more laws coming out every day than what even a supercomputer can scan. The best fun begins when one law puts you away for making a step in the same time as another law puts you away for not making that step. We have plenty of these already, and we need to grow them to bring the up in the light. This is however independent of the question of girls in STEM.

I think these "changes take time" phrases are usually used as a propaganda tool of phony power politics insiders such as for example the feminist section of the lgbt movement.

Has anyone also noticed that the bigoted NFL has not allowed one female player?

What we need is for Washington to spring into action and force the NFL to accept women like they did forcing the military to accept women to fight and die on the battle field.
Not a problem, then we can sell more drugs to the NFL to schedule in more championship drug runs ... uhmm ... games, and make even more of their lawyers rich.

I think these "changes take time" phrases are usually used as a propaganda tool of phony power politics insiders such as for example the feminist section of the lgbt movement.
Even after getting degrees and doing the same or better work than men, acceptance can be difficult to achieve.

Women coders do better than men in gender-blind study

https://peerj.com/preprints/1733.pdf

Girls and women mature earlier and are more likely to value education, so they take advantage of it when given the chance, generally speaking. They are more socialized as well, so they trend more to ideals and respect for merit, so yes it's only natural for them to do better in structured environments like academia and corporate life when artificial cultural barriers are removed.

And no, schools aren't failing girls any more so than males; they generally suck at serving both sexes when they're badly run.
That would be a nice concept, if females didn't also have a roller coaster of hormones to deal with..
Well, girls by default control the social scene of the species, but if you keep them separate from each other, then they won't synchronize, and the roller coaster smoothness for all. And yes, women have ruined many gGood although half baked ideas in the world.

Even after getting degrees and doing the same or better work than men, acceptance can be difficult to achieve.

Women coders do better than men in gender-blind study

https://peerj.com/preprints/1733.pdf
This is called undercutting the competition. Almost always a winning strategy, and women know this. So acceptance and money will always be managed accordingly. Workplace stress kills women off faster than men though, and this is why females may be better coders, in this example, but fewer to find.

Last edited:

In this instance it's just reality. Women have become more involved in stem fields and it will take time to rise to the top. Natural progression.

My best Calculus professor was female. So was my best Chemistry professor and lab instructor. Same for biology. Only in Botany and Physics was my best professor a male.

Yeah? What's men's excuse for their behavior?

Yes. Schools have failed on girls, and on boys too.

My personal take is to provide as the request is timely, otherwise providing alternatively by disciplined and conscientious gradualism on the student's part and my own strenous or minimal efforts as it comes to be by the student's interests and natural progress.

I wouldn't put more money on girl adventures if they didn't know what an adventure really is to begin with and how to continue learning with the investment and perhaps also making more money out of the investment so they could learn by other endeavors.

In Finland, girls do better in math and science than boys
Because they have much higher gender equality

If you brainwash your children with commercials pushing sexiness down their throats, this is what you get; a stupid but good looking female crowd.......

The US school systems and social consciousness typically promote white males and their ideology.. Thats just the way its set up. When the founders of this country stated that all men were created equal they were really just talking about white males. In order to succeed in the US you have to be 10x mentally stronger than any white male.
This means racial bias rather than gender bias. It exists too though, I heard that American teachers regularly fail to notify black parents about their children's misbehavior and just routinely drop them, whilst they do communicate with white parents. This is however a different topic from this thread's subject specific gender inequalities.
No its the exact same thing. White males are the people that constructed the system so it is by and for white males. Everything else is just incidental.

In the US, far more women are entering universities and getting degrees than are men. We are not failing women students in this country. They choose their own career paths. Maybe, on the whole, women are not interested in 'adventure' careers. Or maybe it depends on what you consider an adventure. As far back as I can remember, I wanted to travel and live outside the US. I managed to find a career path that allowed me to do that. It has been quite an adventure. I don't need to go to outer space to find a life full of new experiences and adventures.
So much for all the money to make marketing, or even movies, with girl scientists, girl engineers, and girl soldiers in them. Every work environment loses a little if only one gender is represented in it. If girls could assemble bombs and fly jets in ww2, then why would they refuse to do this now?
Socialization.

Maybe we should be putting more value on the type of work women do instead of wishing they would be the same as men.
This is an interesting concept, and goes directly against the feminism propaganda. Also interesting, why this aspect is never marketed. Most people don't even know what these items are. Do you have a few to throw in here? Would be interesting for discussion.
I think all one would need to do is look up the statistics on what programs women are entering at university level. Obviously, that is what they are interested in. Why is engineering valued more than teaching, for example? Perhaps many women go into teaching. Where would our nation be without educators? Or medicine, doctors? I know of many young women who enter the field of medicine. Why is that not promoted as much as engineering?
Dont you think the "interest" is due to socialization instead of normal progression?

Forum List

Back