Do Republicans understand how incredibly lucky they were electing Barrack Obama?

Sad that you are so hung up on race.

bwgd

If Republicans, with their dirty and racists actions would quit shoving it into our faces, we wouldn't be so "hung up".

LOL. You're the one doing the shoving.

images

images

No, Republicans were doing the shoving when their blatent attempts at voter suppression produced lines like this. Believe it or not, even some Republican were mildly ashamed at what their party was doing.

Imagine if Hillary Clinton had been elected instead of Obama.

First off, Republicans impeached her husband in an attempt to destroy his presidency. b/c he committed a crime.

Then they ignored his warning about al Qaeda. he ignored them himself. Bill Clinton told Fox news he received landing rights to send in the military to take out Bin Laden after the Cole, but both the FBI and the CIA weren't convinced Bin Laden was behind that and wouldn't certify the police/military action. sure thing skippy.

Clinton warned the Bush administration and his warnings were ignored and to this day, Republicans try to blame 9/11 on Bill Clinton. ya huh. He did nothing and to this day, liberals try to blame Bush for everything.

Bush and Cheney lied to the country. They flat out lied about "slam dunk, yellow cake, WMD's and so on". Bush only had to ask his father to know the truth.

Bush and Cheney's friends made billions off Iraq leaving the country a hard, right wing Islamic Theocracy. It's right in their constitution. yeah. Would you prefer they had someone that tortured and killed them for kicks?

Republicans tried their best to smear both Clintons. they did it to themselves.

I have no doubt if Hillary had become President, Bush and Cheney and possibly Rice and Rumsfeld would have been brought up on charges of "treason" and "lies" that led to the deaths and maimings of tens of thousands of young Americans. put the crack pipe down. And the investigation of the contracts and distribution of money to Bush and Cheney's friends. EXHALE Especially the disappearance of 9 billion in 100 dollar bills loaded on dozens of pallets.

Obama understood that 8 years of Republican policies had left the country's economy devastated, the military broken, the Justice Department ruined. :lol: oh the IRONY Our foreign policy was in shambles and the rest of the world saw us as more dangerous than Bin Laden or al Qaeda. :link:

Obama wanted to get past that. He realized how we needed to heal the country. and then failed time and time again. And I don't mean race relations. I mean "heal the country". Republicans had succeeded in redistributing the wealth of the nation to the top 5% and had convinced the entire Republican base that a plutocracy was the way to go. All that plus the other damage left the country in dire straights.

One wonders, if Obama knew what the Republicans were going to do to the country after he was elected, would he have followed a different path and pursued charges against Bush?

You have GOT to be the dumbest hack here.

TM sounds insane, but you pull of lucid, therefore your ignorance and lies are intentional.

The fact that you think hillary ever gave a damn is funny, the idea that you still think obama does is :cuckoo:

Sure. This was taken back in 2006. Before Obama even became president.

BBC NEWS | Americas | US 'biggest global peace threat'

People in European and Muslim countries see US policy in Iraq as a bigger threat to world peace than Iran's nuclear programme, a survey has shown.
The survey by the Pew Research Group also found support for US President George W Bush and his "war on terror" had dropped dramatically worldwide.

The latest survey shows the worldwide reputation of the US continues to suffer over its prosecution of the "war on terror".

Sharp declines in the public perception of the US were particularly apparent in India, Spain and Turkey.

Goodwill towards the US had fallen from 71% to 56% in India, from 41% to 23% in Spain and from 23% to 12% in Turkey.

-----------------------------------------------------

There is actually a lot more where that came from. Right wing Re-pubic Hairs are so fucking insulated from reality. They deny, deny, deny. Anyone who dares print the truth must be "hacks". It's them against the world and to them, the world is wrong. But to the rest of the world, right wingers are fucking morons who are dangerous and out of step with any recognizable moral.

How does it feel to have the whole world scared of you? Good? I think that makes bullies feel good. Right wingers don't try to get people to agree with their rotten and failed policies. They either try to trick people or force them.

The rest of the world is afraid of America because of Republicans. Who insist the world being afraid of America is ridiculous.

The number one complaint that Americans had were lack of jobs. Obama signed the Asian_Pacific NAFTA agreement as soon as he got into office. He clearly supports our expansion into global markets and did not care about U.S. employment.

The reason why the high cost of healthcare was never apart of the ACA is because the health insurance companies and the pharmaceutical companies would never have given their financial support to get this mandated if they did.

The number one complaint that Americans had were lack of jobs. Obama signed the Asian_Pacific NAFTA agreement as soon as he got into office. He clearly supports our expansion into global markets and did not care about U.S. employment.

The reason why the high cost of healthcare was never apart of the ACA is because the health insurance companies and the pharmaceutical companies would never have given their financial support to get this mandated if they did.

No wonder you didn't have a link.

Auction 2012: Big Money's Next Trade Goal Is 'NAFTA With Asia'

These trade agreements have been an enormous boon to multinational corporations, making it easier for them to shift production to lower-cost countries, move capital across borders, expand into new markets and overcome foreign legal hurdles. They are consistently a top priority for the big-business lobbying groups, including the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the National Association of Manufacturers, the Business Roundtable, the Financial Services Roundtable, the American Farm Bureau, Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, and the Retail Industry Leadership Association.

The final House votes weren't even close. Republicans wanted the pacts so badly they overcame their aversion to supporting anything Obama proposes and voted overwhelmingly in favor.

--------------------------------------------------------

Remember, the Conservative Supreme Court agrees with Mttt. Corporations are people. That's why they now get to spend unlimited money on American elections. Even the foreign owned.

And Republican try to blame this on Obama? Tsk. Tsk.

Lucky to have elected Owe Bama instead of Hillary Clinton? I think not. Owe Bama is a shit sandwich. Clinton is a shit sandwich too. Both are losers and not worth the air they breathe.

First off, Republicans impeached her husband in an attempt to destroy his presidency.

Then they ignored his warning about al Qaeda. Bill Clinton told Fox news he received landing rights to send in the military to take out Bin Laden after the Cole, but both the FBI and the CIA weren't convinced Bin Laden was behind that and wouldn't certify the police/military action.

Clinton warned the Bush administration and his warnings were ignored and to this day, Republicans try to blame 9/11 on Bill Clinton.

Bush and Cheney lied to the country. They flat out lied about "slam dunk, yellow cake, WMD's and so on". Bush only had to ask his father to know the truth.

Bush and Cheney's friends made billions off Iraq leaving the country a hard, right wing Islamic Theocracy. It's right in their constitution.

Republicans tried their best to smear both Clintons.

I have no doubt if Hillary had become President, Bush and Cheney and possibly Rice and Rumsfeld would have been brought up on charges of "treason" and "lies" that led to the deaths and maimings of tens of thousands of young Americans. And the investigation of the contracts and distribution of money to Bush and Cheney's friends. Especially the disappearance of 9 billion in 100 dollar bills loaded on dozens of pallets.

Obama understood that 8 years of Republican policies had left the country's economy devastated, the military broken, the Justice Department ruined. Our foreign policy was in shambles and the rest of the world saw us as more dangerous than Bin Laden or al Qaeda.

Obama wanted to get past that. He realized how we needed to heal the country. And I don't mean race relations. I mean "heal the country". Republicans had succeeded in redistributing the wealth of the nation to the top 5% and had convinced the entire Republican base that a plutocracy was the way to go. All that plus the other damage left the country in dire straights.

One wonders, if Obama knew what the Republicans were going to do to the country after he was elected, would he have followed a different path and pursued charges against Bush?

Can anyone give me even one reason this is not in Conspiracy Theories?

Last edited by a moderator:

First off, Republicans impeached her husband in an attempt to destroy his presidency.

Then they ignored his warning about al Qaeda. Bill Clinton told Fox news he received landing rights to send in the military to take out Bin Laden after the Cole, but both the FBI and the CIA weren't convinced Bin Laden was behind that and wouldn't certify the police/military action.

Clinton warned the Bush administration and his warnings were ignored and to this day, Republicans try to blame 9/11 on Bill Clinton.

Bush and Cheney's friends made billions off Iraq leaving the country a hard, right wing Islamic Theocracy. It's right in their constitution.

Republicans tried their best to smear both Clintons.

I have no doubt if Hillary had become President, Bush and Cheney and possibly Rice and Rumsfeld would have been brought up on charges of "treason" and "lies" that led to the deaths and maimings of tens of thousands of young Americans. And the investigation of the contracts and distribution of money to Bush and Cheney's friends. Especially the disappearance of 9 billion in 100 dollar bills loaded on dozens of pallets.

Obama understood that 8 years of Republican policies had left the country's economy devastated, the military broken, the Justice Department ruined. Our foreign policy was in shambles and the rest of the world saw us as more dangerous than Bin Laden or al Qaeda.

Obama wanted to get past that. He realized how we needed to heal the country. And I don't mean race relations. I mean "heal the country". Republicans had succeeded in redistributing the wealth of the nation to the top 5% and had convinced the entire Republican base that a plutocracy was the way to go. All that plus the other damage left the country in dire straights.

Can anyone give me even one reason this is not in Conspiracy Theories?

Because Bush and Cheney were lucky they weren't charged with treason?

I still feel bad about what they let happen to all those Christians in Iraq. Disgraceful.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's absolutely amazing that the winners are acting like losers. Maybe they can't defend the administration they just elected but have you ever hear such whining by the freaking party that won the election?

It's because of Republicans in the House who prevent them from turning America into Sweden.

It's absolutely amazing that the winners are acting like losers. Maybe they can't defend the administration they just elected but have you ever hear such whining by the freaking party that won the election?

It's because of Republicans in the House who prevent them from turning America into Sweden.

Could you explain that?

I have my doubts.

If Obama wanted to heal the country then he shouldn't have been so insulting to so many Americans.

And Hillary would also have squashed the idea of charges against Bush because she wouldn't want charges to be filed against her later.

“If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen”

This comes to mind right off the top...

There’s no question Obama inartfully phrased those two sentences, but it’s clear from the context what the president was talking about. He spoke of government — including government-funded education, infrastructure and research — assisting businesses to make what he called “this unbelievable American system that we have.”

In summary, he said: “The point is … that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.”

FactCheck.org : ?You Didn?t Build That,? Uncut and Unedited

CONTEXT, my man, CONTEXT. Have to be careful about that - quoting out of context makes one look like a partisan hack, quite often. No offense . . . .

What next - you want to tell us the Gore invented the Internet?

Last edited:
Second-term presidents are normally weak. If you consider that, despite the initial accolades, Obama is at the "Carteresque" level; the we have a very serious problem.

The problem is exacerbated because I don't see another Reagan coming on. Actually, I didn't see the original "Reagan" coming on nor the extent of the problem before "Saint Ronnie", as some like to call him.

If Obama wanted to heal the country then he shouldn't have been so insulting to so many Americans.

And Hillary would also have squashed the idea of charges against Bush because she wouldn't want charges to be filed against her later.

“If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen”

There’s no question Obama inartfully phrased those two sentences, but it’s clear from the context what the president was talking about. He spoke of government — including government-funded education, infrastructure and research — assisting businesses to make what he called “this unbelievable American system that we have.”

In summary, he said: “The point is … that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.”

CONTEXT, my man, CONTEXT. Have to be careful about that - quoting out of context makes one look like a partisan hack, quite often. No offense . . . .

C'mon George, you can do better than that. There is no way the guy that wrote that fact check believed the tripe he spouted.

C'mon George, you can do better than that. There is no way the guy that wrote that fact check believed the tripe he spouted.

Have to disagree with you there, my man. That is exactly what the President meant and, once again, the Republican Noise Machine is all over it like white on rice.

Have to disagree with you there, my man. That is exactly what the President meant and, once again, the Republican Noise Machine is all over it like white on rice.

If you want to argue that that is what he intended to say, feel free. The fact is that what he actually said is that you hard work and intelligence is not what builds a business. I can prove that from the contest.

The problem is exacerbated because I don't see another Reagan coming on.

Thank God.
Whether you're liberal on not, that is just stupid. I understand you know what I mean.

Sorry you feel the need to fall back on personal insults. No, it is not "just stupid." I realize that Reagan is idolized by the Right. So what? I'm a liberal Democrat. We don't care for most of what the Right wants to get done. Reagan got a lot done - for the Right.

Therefore, I repeat what I said - thank God.

If you want to argue that that is what he intended to say, feel free. The fact is that what he actually said is that you hard work and intelligence is not what builds a business. I can prove that from the contest.

I interpret it as: "If you've got a business, you didn't make that happen by yourself. Some form or another of government assistance also played a role in it," something like that. I think he was trying to make the point that government plays a big role in helping small businesses, and very few, if any, small businesses have grown to success without reliance upon some facet of the government that exists to help small businesses.

Think about it, QW - to say "If you've got a business, you didn't build it. Someone else did," makes absolutely no sense and neither President Obama nor anyone else in his position would ever intentionally utter such an obviously incorrect remark.

Inartfully phrased? No argument. But don't confuse inartful prhasing with intentional speech. Do you think for one second that he meant to say to the American public that if they own a business which they have built from the ground up, they actually didn't do squat - it was the government that did it all? As you said, if you want to argue that, feel free to do so, but I don't think you do.

Forum List

Back