Do Republicans have a history of helping the American Middle Class?

I'm talking about the last 30 years.

And that includes children and veterans.

And what about disaster victims?

Does anyone have any examples of really good GOP policies that helped a lot of regular Americans?
Of course they don't. Democrats block every effort to help them.

Does anyone have any examples of really good GOP policies that helped a lot of regular Americans?

Nixon and Reagan both got near 60% of the popular vote, and we had growth for the middle class with both. I think focusing on the dems diminishes the gop's successes.

1950's, 1960's, 1970's,1980's, 1990's. In the 90's GOP and Gingrich had to drag Clinton kicking and screaming to support earned income tax credit and balanced budget.

yeah, back when the gop could compromise.

Kinda like the 2013 budget process when Obama sabotaged it after him and Boehner had already reached a deal.

Absolutely. The earned income credit, no child left behind the prescription drug plan all of dubious value but the intent was to help the middle/lower class.

Conservatives More Liberal Givers

Bush tax cuts helped the middle class more then anyone else.

Oh yeah, bushII was great for the middle class.

Wage gains missing for most U.S. workers since 2000 - The Denver Post

You must be on the government dole if Bush had one thing to do with your wages. Ever think that Clinton's "free" trade deals may have had something to do with it? The dot.com crash? 9/11? Or the recession Clinton left Bush. One which Bush handled very much better then Obama did the 2008 one caused by the 2006 take over of congress by democrats.

Which is interesting because I have come to believe.....you can't help those people.

The Bush tax cuts

the 40 % increase over the pervouse administrations funding of education

Contract for America,forcing Clinton to be a president instead of a child.

Many many bi partisan bills sponsored by repubs and along with dems.

But the Parisian hacks only hear and see what they want.

Democrats raised taxes under Clinton and that's why Republicans were voted into office. It was Democrats who balanced the budget. The deficit creating Bush Tax Cuts went mostly to the wealthy.

image-3.jpg

Look at how much went to just the top 1% alone.

Not to point out the absurdity of your little pie chart, Deanie...but how is it that you give a tax cut to those who don't pay taxes in the first place? Duh?

Prove this chart isn't true. You can't. We both know it.[/QUOTE

You wouldn't except the truth if it killed you.

All the tax numbers are in black and white,not the mulity color BULL SHIT you posted
The middle class bracket received the largest by percentage cut than any other bracket,and it wasn't the rich.

Look them up dean,use the us gov tax and revenue statistics not a third party bull shit.

Clinton came close to a balanced budget,mostly through creative accounting,but it was because he had to work with the opposition party,something wonder boy is not willing or capable of.

Not to point out the absurdity of your little pie chart, Deanie...but how is it that you give a tax cut to those who don't pay taxes in the first place? Duh?

Prove this chart isn't true. You can't. We both know it.[/QUOTE

You wouldn't except the truth if it killed you.

All the tax numbers are in black and white,not the mulity color BULL SHIT you posted
The middle class bracket received the largest by percentage cut than any other bracket,and it wasn't the rich.

Look them up dean,use the us gov tax and revenue statistics not a third party bull shit.

Clinton came close to a balanced budget,mostly through creative accounting,but it was because he had to work with the opposition party,something wonder boy is not willing or capable of.

LOL...well it's "true" but it's laughable when you remember that people in the lowest tax bracket don't pay ANY Federal income tax, the people in the next bracket pay very little and the people in the two top brackets pay most of the Federal income tax that's collected.

Explain to me how you give a tax cut to those that don't pay taxes?

Even if true, your post is mere deflection from the OP.

LOL...even if true? You guys can't even mount a defense of the idiots that are running the country right now yet you're here blaming the GOP for the ills of the Middle Class? Who's sitting in the Oval Office right now? Who controlled the House, Senate and the Oval Office and couldn't come up with a viable economic plan to fix the economy but instead gave us the ACA...probably the worst piece of legislation ever written?

If I hand you a pile of shit and tell you to spin gold out of it, I can't come back a day later and ask where the gold is. Bush and the GOP wrecked everything they could and bled the country dry. After the destruction they caused, you can't blame Obama even if it were 20 years later and not a mere 6. Worse, how have Republicans helped this president? On anything?

A day later? Ah, it's SIX YEARS later, Deanie and Obama is STILL blaming Bush! That's after campaigning that he had a plan to fix the economy and was going to hit the ground running to get it done. That's going into office with huge Democratic majorities in both the House and Senate!

Why would the GOP "help" Barack Obama with an agenda that's naive and harmful to the country? If that idiot had gotten his way we would have passed Cap & Trade legislation that would have put our economy even further in the shitter than it already was. The thing that saved him from shooting himself in the foot on THAT was Bluedog Democrats refusing to vote for it! It wasn't even the GOP...that was fellow Democrats who wouldn't "help" this President!

From the few Republicans who dared to comment, it looks like the answer is "no".

Do must Republicans feel this way:

Rottweiler commenting on Healthcare: That's exactly right. The American people don't deserve shit.

I think this kind of proves why the country gets so damaged when Republicans are in charge. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The Bush tax cuts were the biggest help middle and lower income Americans got from Republicans. They must have been a good thing or Obama would have got them repealed.

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

Bush Tax Cuts vs. Unemployment Extensions

You know that Republicans threatened to cut off unemployment benefits for millions of Americans if Obama didn't agree to the Bush Tax Cut Extension, right? It wasn't that long ago. Tell us you remember that happened.

Your memory isn't very good, Deanie...the truth is Obama extended the Bush Tax Cuts because the economy sucked and his fellow Democrats about to run for reelection told him in no uncertain terms that they couldn't win if the economy got any worse.

Then why do Republicans only help the wealthy?
yep. Biden, Kerry, Clinton's, Kennedy family...all on the poverty rolls.

I can point to legislation each has passed that help working Americans and the poor

Can you point to any recent legislation promoted by Republicans that helps anyone but the wealthy?

I think the reluctance to extend UI was, in the long run, beneficial to the economy as a whole. When recessions end, typically lower paying jobs fill first, and then there's an upward trend on wages.

But generally the TPM is hostile to a top tier economy, and the insane wars on Obama and Hill are pretty much just distractions. Still, generally, the Potus is the one to lead the charge, and stuff like today's announcement to cut carbon by 30% or whatever sends a cold chill down the spine of the economy.

I am so sick of lying liberals defending this useless pos in the WH. I was fairly ambivalent until today. Today he is sticking the knife in the back of the working man. Coal stations will be closing and the cost of electricity will do exactly what Obama said he wanted, it will skyrocket. It is also what the power companies want so Obama is helping his big business handlers.

His heritage will be one of destruction of the middle class and yet the OP wants to blame the party that has not been in power for 7 years. Well FY the ills of the country can be placed only one place with OBAMA and the party of slavery the democrats.

Last edited:
Then why do Republicans only help the wealthy?
yep. Biden, Kerry, Clinton's, Kennedy family...all on the poverty rolls.

I can point to legislation each has passed that help working Americans and the poor

Can you point to any recent legislation promoted by Republicans that helps anyone but the wealthy?

What have they been able to put forth that helped the wealthy? Or do you mean tax cuts for those who ACTUALLY PAY TAXES?

Obama is destroying the country and now will be shutting more coal stations were working men and women make a living. Middle class people he is screwing. Everyone's rates will, as Obama SAID he wanted, will skyrocket. This is the POS you defend.

The biggest thing republicans have done economically were Bush's insane tax cuts for the wealthy class. Obama is responsible for the biggest tax cut for the middle class since Reagan. 2x private jobs were created in Obama's first 5 years than all of Bush's 8.

lol, tax cuts for the wealthy
funny how come I received some of them? I'm far from wealthy?
How a citizen can wail over we the people receiving some of OUR OWN monies back is the saddest stuff I have ever seen

Republicans always seem to have a problem with open ended questions.

What policy have you promoted for the middle class in 30 years? Derp, you're smelly
What do you read Sarah? Derp all the things
Where are the weapons Ashcroft? Derp Here, there everywhere Sam I am

so does your good buddy Dean.....he is a great dancer though.....

Forum List

Back