Do Republicans have a history of helping the American Middle Class?

Republicans always seem to have a problem with open ended questions.

What policy have you promoted for the middle class in 30 years? Derp, you're smelly
What do you read Sarah? Derp all the things
Where are the weapons Ashcroft? Derp Here, there everywhere Sam I am

No, we just have a problem with questions that have the assumption that we should be divided as a people simply because we dont make the same amount of money, or the color of skin pigment is different, or because we sit or stand while peeing.

All Americans deserve to be free.

The biggest thing republicans have done economically were Bush's insane tax cuts for the wealthy class. Obama is responsible for the biggest tax cut for the middle class since Reagan. 2x private jobs were created in Obama's first 5 years than all of Bush's 8.

BULL FUCKING SHIT !!! not one shred of truth and reality at all.

Your parent teach you to lie like this?

When you find yourself so desperate to change the subject from the horrible President and congress of Democrats we have had in power for the last 6 years... that you have to ask questions going back 30 years to bash Republicans, well then it's time to just admit your party hates Blacks, Hispanics, Asians and Whites regardless of being middle class, rich or poor...

Horrible president. How soon you people forget the free fall bush left the economy in as he scurried back to tejas. Then 9-11. How about that performance eh? Isn't like bushcheney did any pertecting that day. How soon you people forget.

I'm talking about the last 30 years.

Does anyone have any examples of really good GOP policies that helped a lot of regular Americans?

From the few Republicans who dared to comment, it looks like the answer is "no".

Do must Republicans feel this way:

Rottweiler commenting on Healthcare: That's exactly right. The American people don't deserve shit.

I think this kind of proves why the country gets so damaged when Republicans are in charge. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Let's see. reagan allowed banks to cross state lines to seek out higher interest rates while he ended ordinary taxpayers deducting their credit card interest, car loans etc. Republicans are dogs. They do nothing for ordinary Americans.

Maybe you should stop dividing people in classes and help all people.

This translates into a no

Or this would be a nice response.

Dear Middle Class,

We have reviewed your application for support and we regret to inform you that we have decided to reject your application. Your skills and qualifications don't met our standards of support. We wish you well in your continuing stagnation of wages and decrease in benefits but feel free to contact us when your income level reaches the levels of the 1%. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Republicans.

And that includes children and veterans.

And what about disaster victims?

Does anyone have any examples of really good GOP policies that helped a lot of regular Americans?

Absolutely. The earned income credit, no child left behind the prescription drug plan all of dubious value but the intent was to help the middle/lower class.

Conservatives More Liberal Givers

Bush tax cuts helped the middle class more then anyone else.

Maybe you should stop dividing people in classes and help all people.

Dear Middle Class,

We have reviewed your application for support and we regret to inform you that we have decided to reject your application. Your skills and qualifications don't met our standards of support. We wish you well in your continuing stagnation of wages and decrease in benefits but feel free to contact us when your income level reaches the levels of the 1%. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Republicans.

Now didn't I just read a foaming at the mouth flying monkey just the other day say that the Republicans are nothing but welfare sucking southern red state? Seems the liberal left, which I can't think of one they they have done to help anyone other then themselves don't know which side of their face to speak from.

And that includes children and veterans.

And what about disaster victims?

Absolutely. The earned income credit, no child left behind the prescription drug plan all of dubious value but the intent was to help the middle/lower class.

Conservatives More Liberal Givers

Bush tax cuts helped the middle class more then anyone else.

Oh yeah, bushII was great for the middle class.

Wage gains missing for most U.S. workers since 2000 - The Denver Post

From the few Republicans who dared to comment, it looks like the answer is "no".

Rottweiler commenting on Healthcare: That's exactly right. The American people don't deserve shit.

I think this kind of proves why the country gets so damaged when Republicans are in charge. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Let's see. reagan allowed banks to cross state lines to seek out higher interest rates while he ended ordinary taxpayers deducting their credit card interest, car loans etc. Republicans are dogs. They do nothing for ordinary Americans.

Actually, on a whole, interstate banking is a good thing.

http://www.nber.org/papers/w16613.pdf?new_window=1

Republicans have NOTHING to offer the middle class.

Under Barack Obama the Middle Class have seen their cost of living skyrocket as their paychecks have stayed the same. Millions of Americans languish on long term unemployment because Barry and Friends don't have a clue about economics or job creation and have essentially given up even trying to come up with a plan at this point! Quick 1%er...tell me who Barack Obama's economic advisers are right now and what their plan is to fix the economy!!! The truth is...you can't do that because there is no plan and there hasn't been one since Larry Summers left YEARS AGO! This is an Administration that is running out the string. They tried progressive Keynesian economics and it was such a flop that they had to invent a new statistic...jobs created or saved...to hide how bad things were.

Under Barack Obama the Middle Class have seen their cost of living skyrocket as their paychecks have stayed the same. Millions of Americans languish on long term unemployment because Barry and Friends don't have a clue about economics or job creation and have essentially given up even trying to come up with a plan at this point! Quick 1%er...tell me who Barack Obama's economic advisers are right now and what their plan is to fix the economy!!! The truth is...you can't do that because there is no plan and there hasn't been one since Larry Summers left YEARS AGO! This is an Administration that is running out the string. They tried progressive Keynesian economics and it was such a flop that they had to invent a new statistic...jobs created or saved...to hide how bad things were.

Even if true, your post is mere deflection from the OP.

The Republican approach to the economy is to reduce government spending, taxes, and regulation to give business an incentive to expand and create more jobs.

However, for that job creation to occur a lot of things are needed. Workers have to be competitive with foreign workers both in pay requirements and skill levels or those jobs will be created abroad. Americans would have to be willing to accept less governmental protection of the environment, the workplace, and less consumer protection. However, the primary change would have to be the acceptance that America is a place for those that can pull their own weight, not a place for the weak, sick, or the old.

Dear Middle Class,

Sincerely,

Republicans.

Now didn't I just read a foaming at the mouth flying monkey just the other day say that the Republicans are nothing but welfare sucking southern red state? Seems the liberal left, which I can't think of one they they have done to help anyone other then themselves don't know which side of their face to speak from.

Quick! Change the subject!

The Bush tax cuts were the biggest help middle and lower income Americans got from Republicans. They must have been a good thing or Obama would have got them repealed.

In the last 30 years? Tax cuts and the balance budget Republicans gave us. (Unfortunately briefly) That alone has done more for the nation than the party of slavery and segregation has ever done for this nation.

Democrats raised taxes under Clinton and that's why Republicans were voted into office. It was Democrats who balanced the budget. The deficit creating Bush Tax Cuts went mostly to the wealthy.

image-3.jpg

Look at how much went to just the top 1% alone.

Forum List

Back