Do religious people still think rock and metal are evil?

I remember when i was growing up, i remember preachers would go on about how heavy metal and rock music were satanic and such and supported stuff like satanism,homosexuality,mocking god, the occult and such.

But seems like people forgot about rock and metal being evil.

I'm probably showing my age, but i remember when people thought that the music was evil.

The biggest voices against rock was Al Gores wife Tipper and a host of liberal DC wifes in the form of the PMRC against satanic lyrics.
Frank Zappa, John Denver and Dee Snyder testified in the Senate against their blatant attempts at censorship...

Apologies to my peers for dropping the f bomb in post #3.

I didn't realize I was posting in the religion section. Not sure what 'zone' that's considered but clearly not the appropriate zone to be using that sort of language.

Thought I was in the music section.

Guitarist Brian Welch from Korn is a practicing Christian, and the bassist Reginald Arvizu gave a testimony that he was prompted to “seek out the Bible”, after his father died. I believe some if not all of the members of POD are Christians, not sure.

Actually if you do a search for Christian metal bands, there are quite a few of them..

heavy metal christian bands - search results

Here's one named "War of Ages."

Hansi Kürsch Of Blind Guardian i heard was raised Christian.

I didn't realize I was posting in the religion section. Not sure what 'zone' that's considered but clearly not the appropriate zone to be using that sort of language.

It's just another word.

I never felt that using that word was much of a sin, anyway. The Biblical word "know" is used as the same euphemism, but "Know Joe Biden" just sounds creepy.

I remember when i was growing up, i remember preachers would go on about how heavy metal and rock music were satanic and such and supported stuff like satanism,homosexuality,mocking god, the occult and such.

But seems like people forgot about rock and metal being evil.

I'm probably showing my age, but i remember when people thought that the music was evil.

Yes. It is the devil's handiwork

All that miserable noise really accomplished was to create a new generation of people who were completely happy to be whiny, complaining, neurotic, bitchy males in dirty flannel shirts and scruffy beards who hate everything, including their own lives.

which music section would that have been ... and you are woried about the f word.

the miserable west ...

Attachments

• 1634260572498.png
    1634260572498.png
    8 KB · Views: 37
Any music that has lyrics that teach others to go against God or his teachings is evil. I would also think that any musical score that gives off a bad or wicked feeling would also be objectionable to the Spirit of God.

Yes. It is the devil's handiwork

View attachment 551844

A bunch of years ago I started putting together a mini-documentary on the music industry and modern music, and the stuff I found out while making it was really, really interesting. There are a lot of bands and recording artists who openly admit to being inspired by some sort of external power that sometimes pretty much writes the song for them. And when you look into the type of stuff these artists are into, it’s pretty obvious that that outside source is not God.

That documentary actually was coming along really well and I wish I would’ve finished it, but I kind of shelved it and unfortunately I never completed it.

A bunch of years ago I started putting together a mini-documentary on the music industry and modern music, and the stuff I found out while making it was really, really interesting. There are a lot of bands and recording artists who openly admit to being inspired by some sort of external power that sometimes pretty much writes the song for them. And when you look into the type of stuff these artists are into, it’s pretty obvious that that outside source is not God.

That documentary actually was coming along really well and I wish I would’ve finished it, but I kind of shelved it and unfortunately I never completed it.
I tried finding the tiktok I watched just a couple days ago. So many praising Satan and bragging they're going to hell to be with all their friends. They are so deceived. They have no idea what they're talking about

Tom Arya is Catholic, Alice Cooper is Christian, Mustaine is, Christian Ozzy is Anglican. I'm a religious person. And don't think rock/metal is evil King Diamond and Danzig has satanic records. But are talented people same goes for Marilyn Manson and Aiden. Music brings people together. Christian Alice Cooper and a Satanist, Marilyn Manson, went on tour together Atheist. Rob Zombie went on tour with Cooper, and, finally, a Christian Elvis is the king of rock!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back