Do Mask Mandates Lower Coronavirus Infection Rates?

Samofvt

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2021
Cloth face mask mandates are still being imposed in many locations. The question is, do they have the intended effect of lowering transmission?

My state is a little bit a-typical of many due to our small population and no large cities (even our largest city has a smaller population than any other states' largest city). But, a unique opportunity to study the effects of mask mandates has come up here: In November of 2021, the state legislature declined to issue a state-wide mask mandate, but left it up to individual communities to decide if masks should be mandated.

This resulted in a situation where one county, Chittenden County, followed it's anchor city (Burlington) and the majority of the communities adopted MASK MANDATES. Some other counties REJECTED mask mandates, including one of the other largest (population wise) counties, Rutland County.

Here, I've printed the case rates for these two counties for a side-by-side comparison of CASE RATES for each county: If the Mandates Are Effective at lowering case rates, we should see the results here. Note that another county is included among the graphs, Lamoille County, which also DOES NOT have mask mandates. Whereas Rutland County is geographically distant from Chittenden County and there are few daily commuters, Lamoille County is close to Chittenden and has a large number of daily commuters for work and shopping.

ComparisonMaskMandateLocations.png

GRAPH DATA SOURCE:

MASK MANDATE SOURCES (Besides my own personal experience living in the area):

Cloth face mask mandates are still being imposed in many locations. The question is, do they have the intended effect of lowering transmission?

My state is a little bit a-typical of many due to our small population and no large cities (even our largest city has a smaller population than any other states' largest city). But, a unique opportunity to study the effects of mask mandates has come up here: In November of 2021, the state legislature declined to issue a state-wide mask mandate, but left it up to individual communities to decide if masks should be mandated.

This resulted in a situation where one county, Chittenden County, followed it's anchor city (Burlington) and the majority of the communities adopted MASK MANDATES. Some other counties REJECTED mask mandates, including one of the other largest (population wise) counties, Rutland County.

Here, I've printed the case rates for these two counties for a side-by-side comparison of CASE RATES for each county: If the Mandates Are Effective at lowering case rates, we should see the results here. Note that another county is included among the graphs, Lamoille County, which also DOES NOT have mask mandates. Whereas Rutland County is geographically distant from Chittenden County and there are few daily commuters, Lamoille County is close to Chittenden and has a large number of daily commuters for work and shopping.

GRAPH DATA SOURCE:

MASK MANDATE SOURCES (Besides my own personal experience living in the area):

Of course they don't help reduce infection, wake the fuck up, dear God Malone is absolutely right about you people, you are all psychotic, the masks are a training tool, a visual affirmation of "submission" to the fascist state! Meanwhile, as you are pondering the impossibly stupid, we have this, and none of THIS is due to covid infections, none of it!

Masks are ineffective when it comes to COVID however, they are REALLY effective in central government control. Tyrants always scare the population into subservience. We The People are losing control of your country.

Last edited:
Of course they don't help reduce infection, wake the fuck up, dear God Malone is absolutely right about you people, you are all psychotic, the masks are a training tool, a visual affirmation of "submission" to the fascist state!
I don't know that it's a deliberate thing "they" are doing to us. I'd sooner say it's a knee-jerk political decision, and many people are thinking it's still a good idea, without any evidence and despite the science. A lot of people are saying "well, I don't know, but why not use masks just to be on the safe side?"

I'm saying these masks appear to be causing MORE infections. I certainly can't find any evidence they reduce infections. I have seen the same sort of small but noticeable INCREASE in infection rates in many places where I've looked (besides this comparison). I've also seen quite a few studies indicating that forcing kids to wear masks all day causes all sorts of problems. It really burns me up our leaders are ignoring these warning signs.

The only way I know of to stop this insanity is to confront people with facts.

Meanwhile, as you are pondering the impossibly stupid, we have this, and none of THIS is due to covid infections, none of it!

I'm watching that story, too. In addition to the VAERS reports we already know about, this an additional confirmation about the predictions by many research scientists, including Malone. It will be interesting to see if any other insurance company will step forward to corroborate the original one. Or maybe they'll be silenced before they can.

Tragic all around.

Forum List

Back