Do hyphenated-Americans contribute to racism?

The only group who aren't represented by hyphenated names are white-americans. We don't have a group like the naacp to agitate/intervene for us..We don't have a ADL to run to when our ethnicity is belittled or targeted for violence (like in negro "rap" "songs") or whatever they're called...
We don't have a "white' legislative caucus to warp and twist government to our advantage.
We don't have AA to award us jobs by govt mandate
Our govt has been infiltrated and turned fully against us.

A day of reckoning and backlash approaches, though. It's inevitable.

The overwhelming majority of people in positions of power who put legislation into effect in politics are white. As far as "hyphenated name" based organizations, if you don't think that they are out there in abundance, such as Italian American, German American, and Irish American, you might try Google...it is your friend.

How has "your" government "turned against you"? Is it by putting laws into effect that do not allow the majority to openly practice discrimination in the workplace and the courtroom against minorities and females with impunity?

Lastly, what does this ubiquitous "day of reckoning" look like?

Race war I'm assuming?

Sure...sure..Whatever you say, negro..whatever you say.

I didn't "say" anything that is not true, blanco....... but I DID ask what "the day of reckoning" looks like to you?

I don't know anything about any race war and I can't predict the future.
Now hush negro..you're getting too uppity.

You can be an African American
Yet, the only "label" conservatives object to is .......African American
I will object to anyone who puts another country, race or religion before being an American,.
As the board's famous racist says
"I have more pride in being Black than being an American."

Good for you then. You should also object to anyone who has a t shirt. that says they are Texan and they are proud but doesn't mention they are also proud of being American
Same goes for announcing your religion without acknowledging you are a proud AMERICAN first

If I have to refer to people as some kind of hyphenated-American then I wanna be hyphenated too. A hypen race :)

So let's see, I'm a Jewish-Caucasianal-Bisexual-Visually-Impaired-American. :)
You don't have to be anything

But you can still be an American and acknowledge being other things. Could be that you are Jewish, gay, elderly, a vet, even black

Doesn't make you less of an american

I think that is when the country started going to hell

We used to be just all, Americans. that reason they immigrated here

now we have so many Hyphenated you can't keep up and some act like they're separate from the rest of the country...Muslims Americans, homosexual american, African-Americans, etc.

If I hyphenated mine I guess I'd be, English, Irish, German. Portuguese American

how lovely

I will object to anyone who puts another country, race or religion before being an American,.

Good for you then. You should also object to anyone who has a t shirt. that says they are Texan and they are proud but doesn't mention they are also proud of being American
Same goes for announcing your religion without acknowledging you are a proud AMERICAN first

God, that is a stretch even for you.

I believe they don't. People should not have a problem with me calling myself African-american. if they do then they need to look within themselves to figure out exactly why that bothers them. If I was a "regular American" then the discriminatory treatment I have witnessed and been subject to would not have occurred. I have no problem with people noticing I am Black. I do have a problem with them forming a judgement of me before they know what I am about.

African-Americans are a possible exception. Though I"m about to illustrate both sides. The for-side is in how Africans were kidnapped from their home countries and brought here as slaves. So if anyone 'deserves' to retain the dual-identity it's them.

On the other hand, perhaps some of why people continue to discriminate against African-Americans is partly because of the hyphenating term? When you refer to yourself as anything other than 'regular American' you're only spearating yourself from other Americans.

What it sounds like you are saying is that African Americans should placate today's white people for having misguided guilt for something they had nothing to do with?

I'm not concerned with what you object to. You dont dictate my life nor do you pay my bills.

So is the term African.Its a descriptor for the continent of Africa just like Irish is a descriptor of people from Ireland. I dont call myself Negroid American.

So can a white South African that moves to New Jersey be called an Afro American?
If not, why not?

No because he is white not Black. Do you not know what the term Afro means?

So white people born in africa aren't really africans...LMFAO...silly negroes. They'll just say ANYthing if it makes them feel good.
I wonder, though..are white people who are born in africa racists, too?
You silly white boy. White Africans would be called by the country they come from Americans if they so desired. For example if they come from Tanzania the would be called Tanzanian Americans. They could never be African Americans until there is a country called Africa in Africa.

silly white boy? said the biggest racist on the board.
Your argument does not wash.
If what you say is true for whites than the same is true for blacks.
So what country are you from?

Yes silly white boy. Did you miss what the previous post in your haste calling me a silly negro?

My argument washes fine. Just because you dont like it is pretty irrelevant to everyone but you. Black people who dont know exactly where in Africa they come from can and will use the term African American. You simply are powerless to stop it.

I have more pride in being Black than being an American. Being an American is not hard. Why do you believe what you think I should have more pride in is important to me?

I know I am American. My ancestors came from Africa. The term African-american is not subject to interpretation from a white guy. You dont define what it means. We do.
We're all just American, and African-American doesn't even reference Africa, it's a PC way to say "black". So you don't even know why you're calling yourself that. It's ridiculous. The blacks in ferguson have no pride in America, just tear it up for any excuse. Too busy being a fake African to have pride in being an American. You're a black American, just like I'm a white American. Pretty simple really.

What you think doesnt change anything for me. I call myself African American because my ancestors are from Africa. Like I said before, the day I let a white person define me is the day I give up leading my own life. If you dont like that find something else to get your feelings hurt over. I'm African American until I tell you otherwise.
I don't care what you call yourself, white peeps call American blacks simply a "black" person, I've never heard a white person call them African-American, except in a PC situation.
And like Rota says, a white person born in Africa is also an African-American? :lol:

You must care. You are trying your best and failing to try to convince me not to use it. Who did you think you were fooling?
lol.gif

I have more pride in being Black than being an American. Being an American is not hard. Why do you believe what you think I should have more pride in is important to me?

I know I am American. My ancestors came from Africa. The term African-american is not subject to interpretation from a white guy. You dont define what it means. We do.
We're all just American, and African-American doesn't even reference Africa, it's a PC way to say "black". So you don't even know why you're calling yourself that. It's ridiculous. The blacks in ferguson have no pride in America, just tear it up for any excuse. Too busy being a fake African to have pride in being an American. You're a black American, just like I'm a white American. Pretty simple really.

What you think doesnt change anything for me. I call myself African American because my ancestors are from Africa. Like I said before, the day I let a white person define me is the day I give up leading my own life. If you dont like that find something else to get your feelings hurt over. I'm African American until I tell you otherwise.
I don't care what you call yourself, white peeps call American blacks simply a "black" person, I've never heard a white person call them African-American, except in a PC situation.
And like Rota says, a white person born in Africa is also an African-American? :lol:

You must care. You are trying your best and failing to try to convince me not to use it. Who did you think you were fooling?
lol.gif
No, I don't care what you call yourself, I'm just letting you know how dumb it is, plus, you don't even know why blacks are called A-A, it's not for anything to do with Africa, but just a PC way of saying black. You're not even from Africa, you're a negroid or black American, no hyphen.

So is the term African.Its a descriptor for the continent of Africa just like Irish is a descriptor of people from Ireland. I dont call myself Negroid American.

So can a white South African that moves to New Jersey be called an Afro American?
If not, why not?

So white people born in africa aren't really africans...LMFAO...silly negroes. They'll just say ANYthing if it makes them feel good.
You silly white boy. White Africans would be called by the country they come from Americans if they so desired. For example if they come from Tanzania the would be called Tanzanian Americans. They could never be African Americans until there is a country called Africa in Africa.

Yes silly white boy. Did you miss what the previous post in your haste calling me a silly negro?

My argument washes fine. Just because you dont like it is pretty irrelevant to everyone but you. Black people who dont know exactly where in Africa they come from can and will use the term African American. You simply are powerless to stop it.
Did you in your haste notice I did not call you a "Silly Negro"

lol.gif
No, I don't care what you call yourself, I'm just letting you know how dumb it is, plus, you don't even know why blacks are called A-A, it's not for anything to do with Africa, but just a PC way of saying black. You're not even from Africa, you're a negroid or black American, no hyphen.

If you didnt care you wouldnt bother to tell me how dumb it sounds. You would just live your life. Please clown. Try that on someone that doesnt know better. You were trying your best to convince me.
lol.gif

If not, why not?

Did you in your haste notice I did not call you a "Silly Negro"

What does that have to do with you making reference to me calling Rotatilla a silly white boy?

If not, why not?

WTF!!!!!!!!

There's no such thing as an Tanzanian American, that's just lazy grammar, they're properly called an American from Tanzania. Or if they have dual citizenship, a dual citizen of the US and Tanzania. Someone with dual citizenship in Canada and the US isn't known as a Canadian American, that's just plain lazy and dumb.

It must hurt to be as stupid as you appear to be. You are on the internet for gods sake and you couldnt at least look it up before making yourself look like an ass? :lol:

Tanzanian American - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The Tanzanian American associations in the United States include the Tanzanian American Association (Inc.) in Massachusetts[4] and the Tanzania Association Of Wichita, Kansas.

lol.gif

If you didnt care you wouldnt bother to tell me how dumb it sounds. You would just live your life. Please clown. Try that on someone that doesnt know better. You were trying your best to convince me.
lol.gif
Oh c'mon, you give yourself way too much importance. This is a chat board, we're just chattin'. In fact I'm trying to help you not look so foolish by calling yourself something dumb, but go ahead, you're not from Africa, but who cares, you have no pride in America anyways. Like most blacks. Just look at Ferguson.

If not, why not?

WTF!!!!!!!!

There's no such thing as an Tanzanian American, that's just lazy grammar, they're properly called an American from Tanzania. Or if they have dual citizenship, a dual citizen of the US and Tanzania. Someone with dual citizenship in Canada and the US isn't known as a Canadian American, that's just plain lazy and dumb.

It must hurt to be as stupid as you appear to be. You are on the internet for gods sake and you couldnt at least look it up before making yourself look like an ass? :lol:

Tanzanian American - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The Tanzanian American associations in the United States include the Tanzanian American Association (Inc.) in Massachusetts[4] and the Tanzania Association Of Wichita, Kansas.
No, what's dumb is someone calling themselves a Tanzanian American. Or African-American.

There's no such thing as an Tanzanian American, that's just lazy grammar, they're properly called an American from Tanzania.

No, what's dumb is someone calling themselves a Tanzanian American. Or African-American.

Sorry stupid. I proved you never got an education. You said there was no such thing as a Tanzanian American. I bet you feel foolish as hell now.
lol.gif

lol.gif

lol.gif
Oh c'mon, you give yourself way too much importance. This is a chat board, we're just chattin'. In fact I'm trying to help you not look so foolish by calling yourself something dumb, but go ahead, you're not from Africa, but who cares, you have no pride in America anyways. Like most blacks. Just look at Ferguson.

Sorry cave monkey. You give me way too much importance. I look like a Imhotep next to white trash such as you.

There's no such thing as an Tanzanian American, that's just lazy grammar, they're properly called an American from Tanzania.

Sorry stupid. I proved you never got an education. You said there was no such thing as a Tanzanian American. I bet you feel foolish as hell now.
lol.gif
You have reading comprehension problems, there's no such thing in my book, just like I think that it's wrong to call a black an African-American. Fuck are you feral negros stupid. :D

Forum List

Back