Do Democrats really need to promote religious persecution ?

It's the constitution, not that conservatives care.

I care

Freedom of speech is very important.

letting a kids pray is freedom, threatening a kid that tries is tyranny, and not separation of church and state.

but thanks for proving you shouldn't be having this conversation, since you haven't a clue what freedom means to America

Shove your patriotic guilt trip, are you seriously trying to prove your point with the 1st amendment? You people are nuts.

and thus you prove me right.

you demand that gays have the right to get married while demanding that kids not be allowed to pray.

Thanks for playing hypocrite

It's ok for gays to marry, but it's not ok to pray in school

That's the liberal line

That's also hypocrisy, not that liberals care.

:wtf:

False, and false.

so liberals think it's not ok for gays to marry and that it's ok for kids to pray in school?

dood, if you're going to lie, at least try to have a hint of truth.

First of all, kids can pray in schools. They just can't be required to do it, and the school can't lead kids in prayers. But, there are many schools that have bible clubs, and similar organizations.

Second, gay marriage is not related to that issue in the slightest. Neither one affects the other.

I care

Freedom of speech is very important.

letting a kids pray is freedom, threatening a kid that tries is tyranny, and not separation of church and state.

but thanks for proving you shouldn't be having this conversation, since you haven't a clue what freedom means to America

Shove your patriotic guilt trip, are you seriously trying to prove your point with the 1st amendment? You people are nuts.

you demand that gays have the right to get married while demanding that kids not be allowed to pray.

Do I have to explain why there is no hypocrisy on my part and tremendous hypocrisy on your part as well as a poor understanding of the constitution?

I suppose I do.

Both liberal positions hold no single group up for favoritism or persecution.

Both conservative positions do.

Are you calling being gay a religion? They're going to real happy that tasteful furnishings and stylish cloths are now tax deductible.

are you calling gay rights the same thing as civil rights....?

since when can civil rights be used to step upon the conscience and free speech of others....?

There is no such thing as gay rights, only rights, the fight has all been over telling you people that you cannot make distinctions.

but you are making distinctions......you claim that gay marriage is different but equal when it's not....

are you calling gay rights the same thing as civil rights....?

since when can civil rights be used to step upon the conscience and free speech of others....?

There is no such thing as gay rights, only rights, the fight has all been over telling you people that you cannot make distinctions.

but you are making distinctions......you claim that gay marriage is different but equal when it's not....

Where did I claim that it is different? I don't think it's different, that's the point. There nothing beyond your religious bigotry that makes gay marriage anything other than a union between two committed adults.

Where did I claim that it is different? I don't think it's different, that's the point. There nothing beyond your religious bigotry that makes gay marriage anything other than a union between two committed adults.

the very fact you guys call it 'gay marriage' as opposed to marriage makes it obvious you believe it to be different...and i agree it is different...in fact VERY different than marriage...

Last edited:

the very fact you guys call it 'gay marriage' as opposed to marriage makes it obvious you believe it to be different...and i agree it is different...in fact VERY different than marriage...
Like I said, people like you made it an issue when you singled out a group of people and made a law saying they could not do what the rest of us do. This issue was actually dealt with when we proved that anti-miscegenation laws were unconstitutional but damned if we are having the same argument years later. People like you applied their bigotry and wrong-headed decency to law and made it illegal for the races to marry and eventually lost. You will lose this one too for the same reason.

Like I said, people like you made it an issue when you singled out a group of people and made a law saying they could not do what the rest of us do. This issue was actually dealt with when we proved that anti-miscegenation laws were unconstitutional but damned if we are having the same argument years later. People like you applied their bigotry and wrong-headed decency to law and made it illegal for the races to marry and eventually lost. You will lose this one too for the same reason.

race/color is something you are born with.....and it is not a behavior....you also cannot prove homosexuality is a genetic condition....therefore it is not a protected class...

race/color is something you are born with.....and it is not a behavior....you also cannot prove homosexuality is a genetic condition....therefore it is not a protected class...

Seems your kind lost that argument too, why are you bringing it up as if it were still relevant?

Do Democrats really need to promote religious persecution ?

I betcha far more reactionary right socons are jumping on the Pope's call for peace than weird far lefties.

:wtf:

False, and false.

so liberals think it's not ok for gays to marry and that it's ok for kids to pray in school?

dood, if you're going to lie, at least try to have a hint of truth.

First of all, kids can pray in schools. They just can't be required to do it, and the school can't lead kids in prayers. But, there are many schools that have bible clubs, and similar organizations.

Second, gay marriage is not related to that issue in the slightest. Neither one affects the other.

That's a lie

Do I have to explain why there is no hypocrisy on my part and tremendous hypocrisy on your part as well as a poor understanding of the constitution?

I suppose I do.

Both liberal positions hold no single group up for favoritism or persecution.

Both conservative positions do.

That's a lie

neither of you know your ass from a hole in the ground.

Forum List

Back