Do Democrats believe that immigrants and our border policies are suppose to be of crystal clear benefit to America and Americans?

Not in general, you point to the op as evidence, but look around, you dont really hear people on the right opposed to legal immigration.
They do. Look at efforts to sharply decrease refugee admissions under the last administration. Look at the references over and over to restricting immigration from shithole countries.

It’s sad that an uber intelligent educator CAN’T expand on his feel-good theories and sell us on his ideology…you Libs can never show us the data as it relates to today’s ‘immigrants’ and their impact on American society…make us want to embrace desperate, illiterate thirdworlders….stop with the Lib shit…the “but but but….euro immigrants!”
SELL US!
You were shown data, you just choose to ignore it and instead focus on some imaginary golden age of the “right kind” of immigrants.

They do. Look at efforts to sharply decrease refugee admissions under the last administration. Look at the references over and over to restricting immigration from shithole countries.
What refugees? what persecution are they fleeing? You all use the terms asylum and refugee to describe these people, but they fit none of those descriptions. At least be honest about it. They are coming here for economic reasons, that does not qualify for refugee or asylum status, and the left desires their admittance because they see them as a way to increase their voting block.

The only reference I recall to "shit hole" countries was Trump talking about Haiti. What you see here are people taking about immigrants from third world countries.

Again, when you talk about LEGAL immigration, you don't see hardly any pushback.

Do Democrats believe that immigrants and our border policies are suppose to be of crystal clear benefit to America and Americans?
No. But they've got the Hispanic Voting Bloc tiger by the tail and they dasn't let go... :cool:

You were shown data, you just choose to ignore it and instead focus on some imaginary golden age of the “right kind” of immigrants.
Hahaha…you posted editorials / opinion pieces from leftist rags and otto105 posted some bullshit about “increased GDP”. Is that the “data” you’re referring to?

Hahaha…you posted editorials / opinion pieces from leftist rags and otto105 posted some bullshit about “increased GDP”. Is that the “data” you’re referring to?
Like I said, data was posted, and not just from “leftist rags” and you choose to ignore it.

What refugees? what persecution are they fleeing? You all use the terms asylum and refugee to describe these people, but they fit none of those descriptions. At least be honest about it. They are coming here for economic reasons, that does not qualify for refugee or asylum status, and the left desires their admittance because they see them as a way to increase their voting block.

Asylum seekers are a type of refugee, but they apply for asylum from within the US while Refugees apply from outside the country, are processed through the US Refugee Admissions Program and have to first register with the UNHCR.

I was specifically referring to refugees coming through UNHCR and USRAP, and each year a quota is set as to how many the US will take. These people have already been vetted and determined to be refugees.
The only reference I recall to "shit hole" countries was Trump talking about Haiti. What you see here are people taking about immigrants from third world countries.
I see a lot of references here to shithole countries, and yes, they are third world countries.

Again, when you talk about LEGAL immigration, you don't see hardly any pushback.
I just pointed out that you do. Many only support legal immigration From tbe “right” countries.

Asylum seekers are a type of refugee, but they apply for asylum from within the US while Refugees apply from outside the country, are processed through the US Refugee Admissions Program and have to first register with the UNHCR.

I was specifically referring to refugees coming through UNHCR and USRAP, and each year a quota is set as to how many the US will take. These people have already been vetted and determined to be refugees.

I see a lot of references here to shithole countries, and yes, they are third world countries.

I just pointed out that you do. Many only support legal immigration From tbe “right” countries.

You mean like Biden turning away cubans? That apparently wasn't the right country"...

Please point to where mainstream Republicans have rejected legal immigration from any country. You may find a few people here and there, but as a whole, people on the right don't reject people from South of the border..just as long as they come legally.

Or do they believe that Mexico, Mexico’s people, other nations and the people of other nations are suppose to benefit?
What is the general opinion of the Republican Party with regard to the aforementioned questions?
I ask because I don’t recall anyone ever asking our politicians such a thing and I don’t recall any politician having the guts to discuss their opinions on the matter.
If the Republicans could get off their dysfunctional asses and elect a speaker they could start legislating. They have the House. Don't blame the Democrats.

A study predicted that if the world's economy and population continue to grow at their current pace, natural resources will run out within 20 years.

Biden's plan is to crack down on illegal immigration by letting 30 thousand immigrants from 4 countries a month to enter and work for two years. LMFOAO​

One example: Entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurship and business creation is fundamental to a healthy economy. Companies less than five years old create an average of 1.5 million new jobs for Americans each year.† Immigrants in particular play an important role in creating jobs as they are more likely to start a new business than the rest of the population.

Safer
One example: Approximately 5% of active duty military are immigrants.

From - CONTRIBUTIONS OF IMMIGRANTS TO THE UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES

I can think of no greater commitment to their adoptive
land. They take that solemn promise to heart, and, in all of
our wars, immigrants have fought side by side with Americans
with great valor.
Immigrants make up 5 percent of our military today. They
earn 20 percent of the Congressional Medals of Honor, and at
least 101 have made the ultimate sacrifice to our country in
Iraq and Afghanistan.
I understand they have also been awarded 150 bronze stars
for valor and gallantry in Iraq and Afghanistan, and 2 silver
stars.
It's an extraordinary record.

Education: Immigrants and the U.S. Educational System
  • As of 2019, there are over 2.1 million immigrants working as teachers, professors, and other staffers in the U.S. education system. Together they make up more than 1 in 8 workers in the U.S. education sector.
  • In some sectors, they make up an even greater share. There are more almost 785,000 immigrants working at U.S. college and universities, making up more than 1 in 6 workers in higher education. Meanwhile, there are over 200,000 immigrants working in child care and day care services and more more than 1 out of 5 childcare workers are foreign-born.
  • Even though undocumented workers are largely barred from working at public education institutions, they still contribute to other sectors of the education system. This is particularly true for child and day care services, where almost 200,000 undocumented workers work and make up more than 4 percent of the workforce.
Interesting factoid: An increase of one percentage point in the share of immigrants aged 11-64 in the population increases the probability that natives aged 11-17 eventually complete 12 years of schooling by 0.3 percentage points. (The Impact of Immigration on the Educational Attainment of Natives)
Healthcare
A new study says that 16.6% of all healthcare professionals in the U.S. in 2016 were not born in the U.S. and almost 5% are not citizens.
A research letter published in JAMA reported that more than 1 in 4 physicians in the U.S. were born in another country and that many nurses, dentists, pharmacists, home health aides and a slew of other workers are also immigrants to the country.

Welfare - the vast majority of immigrants are not eligible for welfare and even green card holders have to wait for years even though they pay the same taxes into the system. For those that are eligible, they still use fewer services than native born people. As to whether they are “improving it” I’m not sure what metrics you would use to answer it.
Based on data from the Survey of Income and Program Participation, we find that immigrants consume 28 percent less welfare and entitlement benefits than native‐born Americans on a per capita basis. By comparison, immigrants consumed 21 percent less welfare and entitlement benefits in 2016 on a per capita basis. From 2016 to 2019, the underconsumption of welfare by immigrants relative to native‐born Americans widened by about 7 percentage points.

This can pretty much be answered by tbe above examples.

In addition, this which applies to immigrants as a whole, not just today’s immigrants. It actually isn’t possible to truly evaluate recent immigrants until they’ve had a chance to establish themselves.

innovation/
“Immigrants contribute disproportionately to innovation. They’re [responsible for] 16 percent of the inventor population, but 22 percent of the total patents, and roughly the same number if we’re looking at citations.”
You are correct that eventually many illegal immigrants end up becoming a benefit to our country. Here is the part you and the Left gloss over. Initially nearly every single one of the MILLIONS pouring into the country needs every service that our country offers. Right now all of those services are at a breaking point. Food, water, clothing, shelter, health care, child care, you name it, THEY DESPERATELY NEED IT. And the people who suffer the most are poor American citizens who compete for the same services. YOU CAN'T KEEP PUTTING STRESS ON A STRESSED SYSTEM.

You are correct that eventually many illegal immigrants end up becoming a benefit to our country. Here is the part you and the Left gloss over. Initially nearly every single one of the MILLIONS pouring into the country needs every service that our country offers. Right now all of those services are at a breaking point. Food, water, clothing, shelter, health care, child care, you name it, THEY DESPERATELY NEED IT. And the people who suffer the most are poor American citizens who compete for the same services. YOU CAN'T KEEP PUTTING STRESS ON A STRESSED SYSTEM.
I think that is a fair point, and that comes down to the point I keep trying to make and that is this: get on Congress to fix this antiquated disfunctional system. And this is where I feel the right fails. There seems to be very little effort to push Congress (who are the only ones that can really fix things) to do their job. I don’t think they really want to change the status quo because it gives them major leverage whaen it comes to ginning up the base at election time. They want to build walls, take their children, incarcerate them, make them wait in crime infested dumps while the broken system creaks and trundles along delivering political fodder.

We need to update tbe laws and only Congress can do that.

A study predicted that if the world's economy and population continue to grow at their current pace, natural resources will run out within 20 years.

Biden's plan is to crack down on illegal immigration by letting 30 thousand immigrants from 4 countries a month to enter and work for two years. LMFOAO​

That is actually not a bad idea because quite clearly the jobs are there and we need the workers so providing legal avenue for some might take some pressure off.

Forum List

Back