Zone1 Do Christians Proselytize out of “Love” - or Arrogance?

Your words. Now we can add lying to your resume here. The Scriprure is clear on how one get to heaven, it is my duty to point that out, the fact that YOU don't like it means nothing.
Your words are as "arrogant" as anyone else's honey.

"Can you imagine if Jews would hound Christians that G-d is angry at them for elevating a mortal man to a supreme being and will send them to hell unless they become Jewish?!"

"Definitely. It was Paul who got it in his head to start a new religion."
Arrogant.

I actually see similarities between far-right Evangelical Christians and far-left radicals: both insist their way is the one and only “correct” way and become quite belligerent when you don’t submit to it.
it's just more IMPERIALISM ( ie, more of us and less of them )
lol

"Christianity is Judaism completed."- Benjamin Disraeli.
Disraeli was a politician in an anglican country. In
order for him to have a RIGHT to be a civil servant
in England at that time his father had him baptized
in the Anglican Church

I wonder why the Catholic Church is so passive about attempting to convert people to Catholicism. It seems the leaders of our Church are content the way things are. Paul would disagree. He wanted to convert everyone he met.

Except this is the first time I’ve ever agreed with her. It IS arrogance.

And yes, perhaps one of the reasons I’m so put off by proselytizing is that Judaism doesn’t do that type of thing. Of course, we welcome in converts, but we don’t actively seek them out.
For many it is arrogance. Some are actual Christians. I had an uncle that worshiped Jack Daniel's on Friday night and God on Sunday. Then wanted to tell me how to live.. It botherd me. . I may not preach 24-7 but I committed way less sin in my life. My feelings on it are walk the walk and shut the hell up.

I thank God every morning for placing my soul in a Jewish body.
When I was younger, I placed one of my very favorite things in Jewish bodies countless times, and by the resulting "oh, god. OH GOD, OHGODOHGODOHGOD" comments I received in response, I think I might have encouraged such reverence as yours.

The Abrahamic religions simplified:

Judaism -- "so you think mebbe you want to be a Jew? Meh. We don't care. Mebbe we'll let you and mebbe we won't, but you're going to have to work your ass off to show you are serious about it before you can.

Christianity "Have you heard the good news? Here -- take some of our literature".

Islam ''Convert or die!!"

Any questions?

OMGl Which do you think is less tolerant and more arrogant:

1) Saying that only the people who follow MY religion get to Heaven, and everyone else burns in Hell

2) People of all religions can get to Heaven, as we have a very inclusive Gd who welcomes all his children, no matter their beliefs

1. I never said that, nor anything like so

2. It's really just the existence of my religion that bothers you. Yes?

It's really just the existence of my religion that bothers you. Yes?
Wow! Do you not see the irony in that accusation?!

*I* am not going around trying to wipe out Christianity with dire warning about hell if Christians don’t abandon their religion. You on the other hand have as your goal to destroy as much Judaism as you can by getting Jews to abandon THEIR religion.

Obviously, it’s the very existence of my religion that bothers YOU. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be attempting to destroy the Jewish religion.

I don’t care whether you believe in Jesus or not. Doesn’t impact me in the least. What does impact me is the harassment and snark I get from Evangelical Christians when I won’t submit to their religion or point out how rude it is to tell people of other religions how wrong they are.

I wonder why the Catholic Church is so passive about attempting to convert people to Catholicism. It seems the leaders of our Church are content the way things are. Paul would disagree. He wanted to convert everyone he met.
Maybe the Catholic Church realizes it is inappropriate to aggressively tell people of other religions that they are wrong and will go to Hell.

But I’m confused. Which branch of Christianity is the one that sends its people out to get others to abandon their current religion? In my experience, it’s been Baptists.

1. I never said that, nor anything like so

2. It's really just the existence of my religion that bothers you. Yes?
I am intrigued, SS92. How did the notion that
Jewess Lisa would be "bothered" by the existence of christianity get into your head?
Did you ever experience thru discussion or reading or "inter-religious activities" ANYTHING that would suggest jewish resentment on the EXISTENCE of christianity or any other religion?
I am interested in the notion of "resentment" of
"other religions"

Maybe the Catholic Church realizes it is inappropriate to aggressively tell people of other religions that they are wrong and will go to Hell.

But I’m confused. Which branch of Christianity is the one that sends its people out to get others to abandon their current religion? In my experience, it’s been Baptists.
In my experience the only christian sect that
does NOT missionize is QUAKER. Even
Mormons are into it.

Last edited:
In my experience the only christian sect that
does NOT missionize is QUAKER. Even
Mormons are into it.
That’s too bad. I don’t mind when they invite me to church or gently make a suggestion about Jesus, but it’s when they start to get belligerent and aggressive in the face of a polite “no thank you” that it becomes problematic.

I am intrigued, SS92. How did the notion that
Jewess Lisa would be "bothered" by the existence of christianity get into your head?
Did you ever experience thru discussion or reading or "inter-religious activities" ANYTHING that would suggest jewish resentment on the EXISTENCE of christianity or any other religion?
I am interested in the notion of "resentment" of
"other religions"
So true. In fact, Christianity does not enter into any aspect of the practice of Judaism. Nothing about the NT or Jesus is ever mentioned in the synagogue, and neither is the Christian religion. It simply doesn’t relate to what we focus on - learning Torah, observing laws, and enjoying all the good cooking associated with our favorite holidays!

The opposite is true with some of these missionary churches. An Evangelical once “did me a favor” and sent a video of a sermon by the preacher of a big “conversion-focused” church. It was full of negatives about Jews, and I was shocked that he sent me such a nasty video.

So true. In fact, Christianity does not enter into any aspect of the practice of Judaism. Nothing about the NT or Jesus is ever mentioned in the synagogue, and neither is the Christian religion. It simply doesn’t relate to what we focus on - learning Torah, observing laws, and enjoying all the good cooking associated with our favorite holidays!

The opposite is true with some of these missionary churches. An Evangelical once “did me a favor” and sent a video of a sermon by the preacher of a big “conversion-focused” church. It was full of negatives about Jews, and I was shocked that he sent me such a nasty video.
I grew up in a VERY christian town. As a kid
I got invited to church and sunday school
LOTS. One hears quite a bit about THE JEWS
in churches and reads about THE JEWS in the
literature of christians. A really strange
phenomenon I noticed as I got older is that
christians seem to imagine that jews are just
as FASCINATED by christians as they are by
jews. When you comment about the fact that
neither christians nor Jesus is mentioned in
synagogues.......well...sorry.....they seem not to
believe it. There is a really common belief that
the talmud is ALL ABOUT THEM. Sorry SS92
-----not a single word. HOWEVER ---fret not,
as fascinated as christians are with jews---the
phenomenon does not come close to the
islamic fascination with BOTH christians and
jews.

it's just more IMPERIALISM ( ie, more of us and less of them )

Disraeli was a politician in an anglican country. In
order for him to have a RIGHT to be a civil servant
in England at that time his father had him baptized
in the Anglican Church

lol rubbish. The fact is many Jews noted the vast superiority of Moses Torah over the racist self-serving rabbinical rubbish that evolved from Ezra's farce to the Pharisaic cult fabricated at Jamnia around 150 A.D. or so. They much preferred the universalism of the original Torah over the idiotic nonsense of am imaginary 'Oral Torah' and the 'Master Race' bullshit waifting from the Babblin' Babylonians. I.E., all the smart Jews left the cult, and many are leaving even today.

I grew up in a VERY christian town. As a kid
I got invited to church and sunday school
LOTS. One hears quite a bit about THE JEWS
in churches and reads about THE JEWS in the
literature of christians. A really strange
phenomenon I noticed as I got older is that
christians seem to imagine that jews are just
as FASCINATED by christians as they are by
jews. When you comment about the fact that
neither christians nor Jesus is mentioned in
synagogues.......well...sorry.....they seem not to
believe it. There is a really common belief that
the talmud is ALL ABOUT THEM. Sorry SS92
-----not a single word. HOWEVER ---fret not,
as fascinated as christians are with jews---the
phenomenon does not come close to the
islamic fascination with BOTH christians and
jews.

lol you rally hope to peddle your bigotry as 'Xians being obsessed with Jews'? Sorry, but your nonsense is merely projection. Jews are obsessed with Christians, no doubt because their Jewish sect is so much more successful than the Babylonian racist cult was. Responding to your fake propaganda isn't an 'obsession', just pointing out real history, and the self-inflicted disasters racist Jews have habitually inflicted on themselves.

Please elaborate in detail on how Jews made the lives of Christians miserable in the last 200 years.

Please elaborate why so many Jews choose to live in Da Evul Xian majority countries if they are such Evul murderers and bigots. Did your former Muslim allies for 1,200 years steal your lunch money?

lol rubbish. The fact is many Jews noted the vast superiority of Moses Torah over the racist self-serving rabbinical rubbish that evolved from Ezra's farce to the Pharisaic cult fabricated at Jamnia around 150 A.D. or so. They much preferred the universalism of the original Torah over the idiotic nonsense of am imaginary 'Oral Torah' and the 'Master Race' bullshit waifting from the Babblin' Babylonians. I.E., all the smart Jews left the cult, and many are leaving even today.
oh gee-----you were the valedictorian of
the sunday school jellybean set---madam
smith and her girls would be SOOO PROUD. You got a copy of that "ORIGINAL TORAH"----- did the easter bunny bring it to you? An
interestng Factoid-----the persons most
rejecting of EZRA were -----well I will let you
guess----I am married to a member of that
community (the most torah adherent people
in the world-----feel free to ask questions---you
seem interested in the real thing in your own
very perverse manner. He can quote it chapter
and verse)

Wow! Do you not see the irony in that accusation?!

*I* am not going around trying to wipe out Christianity with dire warning about hell if Christians don’t abandon their religion. You on the other hand have as your goal to destroy as much Judaism as you can by getting Jews to abandon THEIR religion.

Obviously, it’s the very existence of my religion that bothers YOU. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be attempting to destroy the Jewish religion.

I don’t care whether you believe in Jesus or not. Doesn’t impact me in the least. What does impact me is the harassment and snark I get from Evangelical Christians when I won’t submit to their religion or point out how rude it is to tell people of other religions how wrong they are.

Highlight above. It seems that you cannot see that you do the same rude thing you don't like. Which is fine. But then don't yell about Christians (while then calling us arrogant and intolerant for not believing as you do).

Forum List

Back