Zone1 Do Christians Proselytize out of “Love” - or Arrogance?

lol you rally hope to peddle your bigotry as 'Xians being obsessed with Jews'? Sorry, but your nonsense is merely projection. Jews are obsessed with Christians, no doubt because their Jewish sect is so much more successful than the Babylonian racist cult was. Responding to your fake propaganda isn't an 'obsession', just pointing out real history, and the self-inflicted disasters racist Jews have habitually inflicted on themselves.
oh-----your relatives were close to AUNTIE
MAGDA and her illustrious hubby---Josef

I grew up in a VERY christian town. As a kid
I got invited to church and sunday school
LOTS. One hears quite a bit about THE JEWS
in churches and reads about THE JEWS in the
literature of christians. A really strange
phenomenon I noticed as I got older is that
christians seem to imagine that jews are just
as FASCINATED by christians as they are by
jews. When you comment about the fact that
neither christians nor Jesus is mentioned in
synagogues.......well...sorry.....they seem not to
believe it. There is a really common belief that
the talmud is ALL ABOUT THEM. Sorry SS92
-----not a single word. HOWEVER ---fret not,
as fascinated as christians are with jews---the
phenomenon does not come close to the
islamic fascination with BOTH christians and
jews.

What on earth is this. What. I don't even know how to unwind this mess.

Highlight above. It seems that you cannot see that you do the same rude thing you don't like. Which is fine. But then don't yell about Christians (while then calling us arrogant and intolerant for not believing as you do).
can you cite the post in which Lisa yelled at you
for not sharing HER BELIEFS OR RELIGION?

I am intrigued, SS92. How did the notion that
Jewess Lisa would be "bothered" by the existence of christianity get into your head?
Did you ever experience thru discussion or reading or "inter-religious activities" ANYTHING that would suggest jewish resentment on the EXISTENCE of christianity or any other religion?
I am interested in the notion of "resentment" of
"other religions"

Because we have previously had a long, rational discussion and she basically lost her mind at the "only way to God" part. You can also stop projecting on me any bigotry toward Jews, which I do not have. Or be reported, your choice.

Highlight above. It seems that you cannot see that you do the same rude thing you don't like. Which is fine. But then don't yell about Christians (while then calling us arrogant and intolerant for not believing as you do).

Yes. They hate it when they're confronted by facts. They can lie and snivel about Xians but it doesn't work the other way around for the Orthodox and 'Master Race' types. They rely a lot on evangelicals for money and support for Israel, and want to keep up the fictions that 'all Jews are alike, and good Xians have to kiss all our asses', when in fact they aren't all alike and they arent all 'the Chosen people' of the Old Testament. In fact it looks like they were pretty much dumped by God after Isaiah's times, and the Jews got a Messiah and a reformer with a new Covenant to revive the universalism of the original Torah. That reformer and his Jewish followers was much more successful at spreading the word than the self-worshipping cult the Babylonians were reduced to.

Because we have previously had a long, rational discussion and she basically lost her mind at the "only way to God" part. You can also stop projecting on me any bigotry toward Jews, which I do not have. Or be reported, your choice.
I do not recall her losing her mind.

SS92 THIS IS YOUR statement addressed to Lisa

2. It's really just the existence of my religion that bothers you. Yes?

it is an ASSERTION in which you accuse her of
resenting the EXISTENCE of YOUR religion.
I asked you to justify that libel

I do not recall her losing her mind.

SS92 THIS IS YOUR statement addressed to Lisa

2. It's really just the existence of my religion that bothers you. Yes?

it is an ASSERTION in which you accuse her of
resenting the EXISTENCE of YOUR religion.
I asked you to justify that libel

She started out saying it's arrogant to SHARE your faith. Turns out, it's the assertion that Jesus Christ is the only way to God that she doesn't like. Per her own words. So while I think she doesn't like when Christians proselytize, she also just does not like the "intolerant" message that there are not many paths to God. Which she seems to have a problem acknowledging.

I read the entire thread. I did not suggest
that you own me anything-----In fact I, simply,
asked you to IF YOU COULD justify your
somewhat strong accusation against Lisa

Oh honey please. It's only a strong accusation because you are raging on something--I don't know what. Stand down.

She started out saying it's arrogant to SHARE your faith. Turns out, it's the assertion that Jesus Christ is the only way to God that she doesn't like. Per her own words. So while I think she doesn't like when Christians proselytize, she also just does not like the "intolerant" message that there are not many paths to God. Which she seems to have a problem acknowledging.
My impression of Lisa's statements is that she
does not like the coercive methods of christian
proselytizers. As to the "path to G-d"----it is a
central issue often claimed by christian
proselytizers that ----a BELIEF IN JESUS AS
MESSIAH IS VITAL FOR ""SALVATION""
"salvation" seeming to refer to a "path to
G-d" The coercion is the THREAT that
"salvation' is DEPENDANT on the christian
belief. Is that what you assert that she has a
problem acknowledging?

My impression of Lisa's statements is that she
does not like the coercive methods of christian
proselytizers. As to the "path to G-d"----it is a
central issue often claimed by christian
proselytizers that ----a BELIEF IN JESUS AS
MESSIAH IS VITAL FOR ""SALVATION""
"salvation" seeming to refer to a "path to
G-d" The coercion is the THREAT that
"salvation' is DEPENDANT on the christian
belief. Is that what you assert that she has a
problem acknowledging?

Unless she appointed you her spokesperson, I'll just speak to her if she returns. I don't need you as middlewhatever

I would opine it is a mixture of both. Many do proselytize out of love. However there are those who do so out of arrogance.

Unfortunately, too many people take note of the latter…

lol you rally hope to peddle your bigotry as 'Xians being obsessed with Jews'? Sorry, but your nonsense is merely projection. Jews are obsessed with Christians, no doubt because their Jewish sect is so much more successful than the Babylonian racist cult was. Responding to your fake propaganda isn't an 'obsession', just pointing out real history, and the self-inflicted disasters racist Jews have habitually inflicted on themselves.
Jews are not obsessed with Christians, and there’s never a word about them. I go to services regularly….not a word. I take a weekly Bible class….not a word. They’re a non-issue.

And you accuse Rosie of bigotry, but you’re the one who said that “smart Jews are leaving“ the religion. The disdain and contempt you have for Jews is blatant.

All I’ve done is say that it is rude and arrogant to approach Jews, and with increasing aggression, to tell us our religion is wrong and that we are damned unless we abandon it. We aren’t doing that to Christians.

It sure seems you want the right for Christians to harass Jews about their beliefs - I once had some Evangelical Christian follow me from one hotel to another in Vegas, which is a long distance, harping on me why I’m wrong - but you get incensed if a Jew points out how arrogant and rude that is.

Forum List

Back