Do black holes even exist?

trevorjohnson83

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2015
A supernovae occurrs when a star runs out of fuel pushing out against gravity pulling in. The star collapses and like any sudden spike in temperature from an explosive, it quickly expands into less dense cooler regions of space. My thoughts are it doesn't leave any weight behind in the form of a black hole but expands from the center and blows apart entirely, thoughts?

If "black holes" truly exist in the universe, they exist unto themselves only, and not to anything outside the alleged "event horizon" -- only a so-called Hawking radiation at the surface -- which is by all reports immeasurably small in comparison to the present age of the universe.

At any given density of matter distributed throughout space, enough volume should eventually enclose enough matter within a diameter only growing as the cube root of volume that it will all theoretically collapse into a black hole. We do not see this happening with the present universe, even though there is more than enough matter distributed with sufficient density.

But that is what the universe is, all that exists unto itself with no way out from it as we know it.

A supernovae occurrs when a star runs out of fuel pushing out against gravity pulling in. The star collapses and like any sudden spike in temperature from an explosive, it quickly expands into less dense cooler regions of space. My thoughts are it doesn't leave any weight behind in the form of a black hole but expands from the center and blows apart entirely, thoughts?
Sometimes, yes, the nova leaves too little mass behind to form a black hole. Instead, we get a neutron star or a white dwarf. Sometimes nothing at all.

I think that the Newtonians came up with this fairy tale to hide the problem of a black body.

That actually sounds more like a nova, not a supernova.

And there are many kinds, some of which are actually cyclical and happen on a regular basis. But there is no connection between a nova and black hole, they are very different things.

Forum List

Back