Do any republicans have a sense of humor?

Which Republican has the best sense of humor?

• Ted Cruz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bobby Jindal

• Mitt Romney

• Sarah Palin

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Mike Huckabee

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Chris Christie

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Rick Perry

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Marco Rubio

• Jeb Bush

• Scott Walker

• Total voters
I don't think there's much difference. some dems are wooden (harry reid) some gopers are too. As rightwinger posted, a sense of humor increases one's likeablity, but more so it can point to a person knowing not to take himself wayyyy too seriously.

I believe that things that are funny to Republicans are cutting food stamps for kids, car crashes, plane crashes, shutting down daycare, people falling down stairs. Things that cause people hurt and makes them look awkward. Republicans can't help it. It's who they are. I wish it weren't so.

1eq3wh.jpg

Did you know Mitt Romney bought an elevator for his car?!?

fkwug7.jpg

What?!?! How could he do that?

2yws67b.jpg

He didn't EARN that money!!!

eun9ro.jpg

That's OUR money.

16hqln7.jpg

Let's tax the rich more!

25sncw3.jpg

When just about any Republican makes a joke the left quick as a cat proclaims it to be an attack on some person, thing, or group.
It's not that

It's just that Republicans are not funny. They are out of touch with popular culture and just don't get it
I hate to break this to you but Democrats are not funny or in touch with it either . Having your staff get you some one liners and research some popular culture references does not make you funny or in touch.

When just about any Republican makes a joke the left quick as a cat proclaims it to be an attack on some person, thing, or group.

In a lot of cases it is though. It's probably why there isn't any mainstream right wing comedians, too many people would find their statements hateful.
And yet those same people probably don't feel anything said by left wing comedians is hateful. Most people have no problem with hateful statements as long as they are directed at who they feel are the right people.

Well...yes. Most of the people out there aren't going to care about hateful statements about rich CEO's or hedge fund managers. Say something ignorant about people on food stamps and you'll probably cause a ruckus.

Plus a lot of money-makers for left wing comedians are dopey things right wingers say. Michelle Bachmann was a gold mine for quite a while, so were GW Bush and Sarah Palin during their times in the sun.
I see so saying hateful things about some because they are rich is acceptable but not someone who is poor. Just confirms my point about saying hateful things about the right people.

It's not that

It's just that Republicans are not funny. They are out of touch with popular culture and just don't get it
I hate to break this to you but Democrats are not funny or in touch with it either . Having your staff get you some one liners and research some popular culture references does not make you funny or in touch.

I never said they were

Funny

Obama: Witty and quick with a comeback but not as funny as Bush or Bill Clinton
Biden: Funny to a fault. Doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut
Franken: Hell, the guy is a professional joke writer

Not funny

Hillary: seems to be faking it
Andrew Cuomo: dreary and glum
Pelosi and Reid: Totally clueless

Two things are required for a sense of humor.

1. A modicum of intelligence.

2. Being emotionally stable.​

Yes, there are plenty of smart rightwingers. One of the smartest was Bill Buckley jr and he had a great sense of humor.

But the general lack of humor amongst the extreme far right can largely be identified by #2 above. If you spend every waking hour being angry and hating everyone who isn't a white male fundie gun fetishist birther then you are not emotionally stable. When 100% of your emotional energy is burned with hatred there is nothing left over for humor.

In your OP you mentioned BibleSpice. Her "humor" is primarily the "put down" type. She lacks self esteem so she has to denigrate others in order to bolster her own fragile ego. Yes, she can "deliver a zinger" but they are scripted, not spontaneous. What was spontaneous was Dick Cavett saying "Sarah Palin seems To Have No First Language". Now that is a real zinger in the truest sense because it is an accurate observation made in an amusing manner with no malice.

Just my two cents.

I believe that things that are funny to Republicans are cutting food stamps for kids, car crashes, plane crashes, shutting down daycare, people falling down stairs. Things that cause people hurt and makes them look awkward. Republicans can't help it. It's who they are. I wish it weren't so.
No nothing that hurts someone physically is funny. Except for the nut shot, now that's funny as long they are not yours.

I will make one point though, Chris Rock said he stopped performing on college campuses. Because they are easily offended. Now tell me what political party are in the majority at college campuses? I personally think rock is pretty funny.

Conservatives only have a rudimentary sense of humor and really only find mean spirited slapstick funny. Like this:

I will make one point though, Chris Rock said he stopped performing on college campuses. Because they are easily offended. Now tell me what political party are in the majority at college campuses? I personally think rock is pretty funny.
Who are the Conservative comedians?

Dennis Miller
Rush Limbaugh

Anyone else?

Dennis Miller
Rush Limbaugh

Anyone else?
That annoying ventriloquist, god how conservatives love him.

Dennis Miller
Rush Limbaugh

Anyone else?

Dennis Miller
Rush Limbaugh

Anyone else?
I'd say Ron White is funny.

Dennis Miller
Rush Limbaugh

Anyone else?
I don't know for sure, but isn't Ron white

Dennis Miller
Rush Limbaugh

Anyone else?
I'd say Ron White is funny.
Jeff Dunham.

Forum List

Back