DNA Proves Evolutionary Theory is Wrong!

Why is it so important for the righteous to push against evolution and for mythology? What makes creationism and its twisted cousin 'Intellegent Design' a priority?

Is it arrogance? Are the righteous too proud to be called mammals? Are they so attached to one creation myth to be frightened of scientific endeavor? What of other creation myths? Is the magic of the righteous more powerful than all other's magic?

Is it hubris? Are the righteous so covetous of their status as homo sapiens that the very thought of connectivity to other species is anathema?

Why should the myth of Genesis be taught in science classes? Why should the myth of 'Intelligent Design', a myth that basically says some questions are just too hard to pursue, let alone answer, be taught as science?

Is the level of intellectual curiosity among the righteous so low that the pursuit of truth through scientific method is frightening? With that level of curiosity, it's a wonder mankind ever left the cave to see what is on the other side of the hill, let a.one leave tire tracks on the surface of the moon.

I'm a Christian but my faith does not impose ecclesiastical blinders to science.

why should a lack of faith in the almighty creator god be prerequisite for the discussion of science? is science the state where there has to be a separation from the church, or does the first amendment cease to exist in a science book? how does that happen, anyways? you walk through the doorway of a laboratory and suddenly everything you believe vanishes away? perhaps a bell rings and you leave the lab and go through another doorway where in that room is a priest, would you remember anything about what happened in the lab just moments before when discussing your beliefs with the priest? hypothetically, that is?
Science is the pursuit of truth through hypothesis, experimentation, observation and repeatability. Faith in God requires, well, faith. Faith in things unseen. Faith in actions of grace.

Scientists do not exclude God from their personal lives, but they find no use for Him in the pursuit of scientific truth.

In my faith, I have faith in God, but that faith does not forbid me from finding truth in science.

Is it a responsible approach to believe in the musings of a Bronze Age philosopher to explain the natural world, or should we use the massive brain pan we were endowed with to find a true explanation?
How about using that massive brain pan to study Scripture, in order to appreciate it's truth and accuracy? Prophecy alone should convince anyone who's honest with themselves that the Bible has a supernatural origin.
A synonym for supernatural is magic.
A sufficiently advanced technology can also be considered magic. What's your point? The simple fact is that every prophecy in the Bible was fulfilled to the letter.
My point is that you embrace magical thinking and that has nothing to do with your spiritual beliefs.

Why is it so important for the righteous to push against evolution and for mythology? What makes creationism and its twisted cousin 'Intellegent Design' a priority?

Is it arrogance? Are the righteous too proud to be called mammals? Are they so attached to one creation myth to be frightened of scientific endeavor? What of other creation myths? Is the magic of the righteous more powerful than all other's magic?

Is it hubris? Are the righteous so covetous of their status as homo sapiens that the very thought of connectivity to other species is anathema?

Why should the myth of Genesis be taught in science classes? Why should the myth of 'Intelligent Design', a myth that basically says some questions are just too hard to pursue, let alone answer, be taught as science?

Is the level of intellectual curiosity among the righteous so low that the pursuit of truth through scientific method is frightening? With that level of curiosity, it's a wonder mankind ever left the cave to see what is on the other side of the hill, let a.one leave tire tracks on the surface of the moon.

I'm a Christian but my faith does not impose ecclesiastical blinders to science.

why should a lack of faith in the almighty creator god be prerequisite for the discussion of science? is science the state where there has to be a separation from the church, or does the first amendment cease to exist in a science book? how does that happen, anyways? you walk through the doorway of a laboratory and suddenly everything you believe vanishes away? perhaps a bell rings and you leave the lab and go through another doorway where in that room is a priest, would you remember anything about what happened in the lab just moments before when discussing your beliefs with the priest? hypothetically, that is?
Science is the pursuit of truth through hypothesis, experimentation, observation and repeatability. Faith in God requires, well, faith. Faith in things unseen. Faith in actions of grace.

Scientists do not exclude God from their personal lives, but they find no use for Him in the pursuit of scientific truth.

In my faith, I have faith in God, but that faith does not forbid me from finding truth in science.

Is it a responsible approach to believe in the musings of a Bronze Age philosopher to explain the natural world, or should we use the massive brain pan we were endowed with to find a true explanation?
How about using that massive brain pan to study Scripture, in order to appreciate it's truth and accuracy? Prophecy alone should convince anyone who's honest with themselves that the Bible has a supernatural origin.
A sufficiently advanced technology can also be considered magic. What's your point? The simple fact is that every prophecy in the Bible was fulfilled to the letter.
Oh gawd. A Pat Robertson groupie.

Whatever that is. And if you had something other than ridicule to offer, I might take you seriously.

Biblical prophecy is an open book, open to interpretation, open to speculation. Reading into Biblical prophesy is every bit as scientific as taeseology. One might read into Biblical prophesy a national championship for Notre Dame football or a flood in South Bend depending on the reader.

My point is that you embrace magical thinking and that has nothing to do with your spiritual beliefs.
and what's a good synonym for strawman?

Biblical prophecy is an open book, open to interpretation, open to speculation. Reading into Biblical prophesy is every bit as scientific as taeseology. One might read into Biblical prophesy a national championship for Notre Dame football or a flood in South Bend depending on the reader.
OK. Show me one prophecy that fits your definition.

biblical hermeneutics is more sophisticated than you might realize.

Evolution is backed by two centuries of science and evidence. What is god backed with? Oh'yess,. the same shit that drives the isis. Get a fucking life.
Thanks for sharing.

Indeed. Many people ignore context, when reading the Bible. This includes Biblical, cultural and historic context.

Ya' know. You're right. We've neglected to thank the Christian gawds for the blueprint for the cancer cell.

Ya' know. You're right. We've neglected to thank the Christian gawds for the blueprint for the cancer cell.
yeah, i'm not tormented by trolls so easily, you'll have to do better than this.

yeah, i'm not tormented by trolls so easily, you'll have to do better than this.

I can see you're upset by why act snarky?

As the alleged creator of all, the gods are thus responsible for all.

Whatever that is. And if you had something other than ridicule to offer, I might take you seriously.

You've deliberately managed to sidestep the tough questions, why would I expect you had anything to offer not out of the Pat Robertson scripted responses?

I was going to try to educate you about this. Then I decided it would be a waste of time. But I WILL post this for others, who are not so close minded. When God created life, he made it perfect. Cancer is a result of mans fallen condition, due to sin. Ever since Adam sinned, our DNA has been prone to errors in copying it's DNA. That is where cancer came from. Did you also know that there are four genes in our DNA that are supposed to produce vitamin C? It's true. Three of them are working, but the fourth one isn't. That's because it's defective. This might also explain why early humans, in the old testament lived for hundreds of years. Their bodies produced it's own anti oxidants. And isn't just a little curious that every living person has this same defect? How could this be? It's like all of humanity was descended from a very small group of people. Like Noah and his family. Think about it.

You've deliberately managed to sidestep the tough questions, why would I expect you had anything to offer not out of the Pat Robertson scripted responses?
Troll on, baby! Troll on! Tralalala

Well. That was...informative.
Oh, the
11bnsy9_th.jpg
of technology empowers me to be a regular fountain of information!

rqyio3.jpg

I was going to try to educate you about this. Then I decided it would be a waste of time. But I WILL post this for others, who are not so close minded. When God created life, he made it perfect. Cancer is a result of mans fallen condition, due to sin. Ever since Adam sinned, our DNA has been prone to errors in copying it's DNA. That is where cancer came from. Did you also know that there are four genes in our DNA that are supposed to produce vitamin C? It's true. Three of them are working, but the fourth one isn't. That's because it's defective. This might also explain why early humans, in the old testament lived for hundreds of years. Their bodies produced it's own anti oxidants. And isn't just a little curious that every living person has this same defect? How could this be? It's like all of humanity was descended from a very small group of people. Like Noah and his family. Think about it.
Cancer is the result of mans fallen condition? That's fascinating.

The whole Noah living to be hundreds of years old? Fascinating.

The whole Noah and his immediate family populating the earth? Fascinating.

The incestuous relations thing? Fascinating.

We use the internet, computer and electricy because of science that you hate so much. If you want to be backward give this stuff up and join the taliban.

But if you're serious about learning about this subject, well, Evolution is based on observations of how different animals evolve to fit their needs within different environments. Darwin's finches are a good thing to look up to prove that this is true. Next look up different layers of strata to find fossils with similar structures for understanding how such changes happen over generations of changes within a genus of a species.. What you will find that animals evolved through many different transformations over millions of years...One is the horse that started out small and grew slowly through half a dozen species into the one you see today. The human evolutionary track is a very interesting example if you wish to challenge your short sighted believes.

Cancer is the result of mans fallen condition? That's fascinating.

The whole Noah living to be hundreds of years old? Fascinating.

The whole Noah and his immediate family populating the earth? Fascinating.

The incestuous relations thing? Fascinating.
Actually, the whole prohibition of incest thingy is because of the increased risk of genetic defects. At the time of the flood, there would have been a lot fewer defects in their DNA, thus mitigating the risk. Besides. What were they supposed to do. Let the human race die out? And, as I noted earlier, Every human has the exact same mutation in their dna. How do you explain that?

Forum List

Back