Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
The big 3 have won 60 slams the last 18 yrs

Clay - Nadal
Hard - Djoker
Grass - Fed

All 3 have 20

Fed had the most spectacular shots of magic but Djokovic has the consistency , defense and return

The big 3 have won 60 slams the last 18 yrs

Clay - Nadal
Hard - Djoker
Grass - Fed

All 3 have 20

Fed had the most spectacular shots of magic but Djokovic has the consistency , defense and return

Novak’s my favourite.

The problem is: age and injuries catch up with all of them. Sooner or later.

Murray looked exhausted.

This is not good for tennis. It creates the perception that none of the younger players are worth watching. Also, it is boring to watch Djokovich win. A million ground strokes and he makes fewer unforced errors than his opponent. Wake me up when it is over. Federer and Nadal are no different. There is no one in tennis today who creates the excitement of Pete Sampras or John McEnroe.

Just as the 100mph fastball in baseball has made it boring (to some), the tremendous groundstrokes make serve & volley unworkable in today's game. It's a pity. It's time to change something...I don't know what.

As for the G.O.A.T., that is an un-answerable question. Longevity is a part of it, but one has to look at dominance over a shorter period against outstanding competition, which brings Laver, Sampras, Becker and a few others into the conversation.

This is not good for tennis. It creates the perception that none of the younger players are worth watching. Also, it is boring to watch Djokovich win. A million ground strokes and he makes fewer unforced errors than his opponent. Wake me up when it is over. Federer and Nadal are no different. There is no one in tennis today who creates the excitement of Pete Sampras or John McEnroe.

Just as the 100mph fastball in baseball has made it boring (to some), the tremendous groundstrokes make serve & volley unworkable in today's game. It's a pity. It's time to change something...I don't know what.

As for the G.O.A.T., that is an un-answerable question. Longevity is a part of it, but one has to look at dominance over a shorter period against outstanding competition, which brings Laver, Sampras, Becker and a few others into the conversation.
It is very good for tennis fans to view the best at their best. I find that younger players, as they move up the ranks and improve their game, are exciting to watch. Watching the goats strut their stuff is mesmerizing as their shotmaking and lack of unforced errors keep me on the edge of my seat.
I was a tennis player and appreciate the best at our sport as they compete and show their skills.
I always have the tennis channel on while I am home. Great sport.

Forum List

Back