Distance learning going sour for elementary

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
In countless homeschooling Facebook groups I’m a member of, we see new arrivals asking for guidance on where to begin homeschooling. These exasperated parents explain they are pulling the plug on distance learning because their kids simply can’t handle it. Friends post pictures of their children curled in a ball facing away from the desk after several hours, others describe screaming, sobbing and outbursts after children as young as five are left feeling fried after being expected to stay engaged six hours a day online. ‘Remote learning’ is a disaster, and terrible for children
Glad my kids are out. This should have been predictable with young kids short attention span and boundless energy.

In countless homeschooling Facebook groups I’m a member of, we see new arrivals asking for guidance on where to begin homeschooling. These exasperated parents explain they are pulling the plug on distance learning because their kids simply can’t handle it. Friends post pictures of their children curled in a ball facing away from the desk after several hours, others describe screaming, sobbing and outbursts after children as young as five are left feeling fried after being expected to stay engaged six hours a day online. ‘Remote learning’ is a disaster, and terrible for children
Glad my kids are out. This should have predictable with young kids short attention span and boundless energy.
first off they should use computers as little as possible if at all,,,

It's utter nonsense, especially for smaller children.

5-year-olds don't stay engaged for that period of time on anything. My kid is going to school. We had the option and didn't hesitate for 2 seconds to send him. He was losing his damn mind at home for months and the difference already is tangible. More active, more engaged, excited about school and his friends. Just like a normal kid.

Kids need socialization and to GTFO out of the house and into the classroom to actually learn.

School is essential. Shouldn't even be a debate on it....

It's utter nonsense, especially for smaller children.

5-year-olds don't stay engaged for that period of time on anything. My kid is going to school. We had the option and didn't hesitate for 2 seconds to send him. He was losing his damn mind at home for months and the difference already is tangible. More active, more engaged, excited about school and his friends. Just like a normal kid.

Kids need socialization and to GTFO out of the house and into the classroom to actually learn.

School is essential. Shouldn't even be a debate on it....
thats true to a point,,,

our schools are doing more damage than good in the last few decades,,,
its to the point they are graduating kids that can barely read, spell or do math,,,

Forum List

Back