Disney says Reedy Creek Improvement District cannot be dissolved until the state pays off it's debt

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US

Sounds like desantis has to come up with 1 Billion dollars to pay off the outstanding debt that is owed to Disney. I guess that is one item that Little trump missed in the agreement details. Oooopppsss

1651074549643.png

Sounds like desantis has to come up with 1 Billion dollars to pay off the outstanding debt that is owed to Disney. I guess that is one item that Little trump missed in the agreement details. Oooopppsss

Sounds like a built-in poison pill that will be immediately shot down on the grounds of sovereign immunity.

^^^Look at the lefty corporate whores slutting it up for the billionaires.

LOL

Why doesn’t DeSantis just pay the debt so he can stick it to Disney ?

That's part of it. The other shoe the conservatives shot themselves in the foot with is that Reedy Creek has a special tax status. While people assumed this meant Disney paid less taxes, it really meant they paid about triple the local taxes into the special district. Dissolving the district will mean that Disney will now have to pay one-third of its current property taxes as once it is consolidated into the county, that whole county is capped at the state max local tax.

You didn't read the article, the state agreed to the terms. As if Florida would shit on all those bondholders, DeSantis is a flippin idiot.
Sounds pretty iron clad to me. Maybe Ronnie can max out his credit card and pay the $1,000,000,000?

3rd topic on this.

The new law is just two pages long and avoids any discussion of details about how to unwind a half-century of infrastructure deals, nor does it lay out the next steps in the complicated process. Lawmakers in neighboring Orange and Osceola counties have expressed concerns that they will be stuck with paying off Reedy Creek's debts and will have to significantly raise property taxes on residents.

Nice Legislation Republicans
:laughing0301:

The state should just put a special tax on Disney and collect the money to pay the debt.

A 25% surtax on amusement parks owned by Dow Jones Industrial corporations could raise the money easily.

The state should just put a special tax on Disney and collect the money to pay the debt.

A 25% surtax on amusement parks owned by Dow Jones Industrial corporations could raise the money easily.
You can’t selectively tax

Florida signed an agreement
They are bound by its terms

That's part of it. The other shoe the conservatives shot themselves in the foot with is that Reedy Creek has a special tax status. While people assumed this meant Disney paid less taxes, it really meant they paid about triple the local taxes into the special district. Dissolving the district will mean that Disney will now have to pay one-third of its current property taxes as once it is consolidated into the county, that whole county is capped at the state max local tax.
Which means that Disney no longer gets to pump money into that one area, KEEP it, and write it off.

Since when does the government have to pay off a citizens debt to seize their property?

The new law is just two pages long and avoids any discussion of details about how to unwind a half-century of infrastructure deals, nor does it lay out the next steps in the complicated process. Lawmakers in neighboring Orange and Osceola counties have expressed concerns that they will be stuck with paying off Reedy Creek's debts and will have to significantly raise property taxes on residents.

Nice Legislation Republicans
:laughing0301:
Well, learning disabilities are hard to overcome. Bless Their Hearts...

Forum List

Back