Disney loses against Desantis, Florida will now take back control over Disney fiefdom.....

That is not democracy it is republicanism.

Please stop slandering and libeling Republicans. They are MAGAts which believe that only they can govern and make decisions for the majority. It's called Fascism, such that Benito Mussolini would be proud.

By passing laws through its legislature, and having a Governor sign it into law.

I know that probably seems pretty far fetched and alien to you.

Actually. Democracy would be everyone voting on every issue. What you are talking about is representative republic. You don’t want pure democracy. You don’t even want a representative Republic.

DeSantis has to get his bill passed by the legislature.
Not a done deal by far. Disney still has support in Florida

DeSantis dissolving the agreement and putting the whole financial burden on Disney will not go well in court.
You just don’t get to arbitrarily decide to end an agreement

I am betting the law does not stand up to the courts. They are targeting a specific company with this law, purely for political reasons.
well the law giving them home rule was targeting them specifically…this merely undoes that. i suppose getting them to pay their fair share in taxes is political…in that they’ll have less to donate to the demafacist…but nothing illegal about that

DeSantis has to get his bill passed by the legislature.
Not a done deal by far. Disney still has support in Florida

DeSantis dissolving the agreement and putting the whole financial burden on Disney will not go well in court.
You just don’t get to arbitrarily decide to end an agreement
haha it’s already gotten through and is signed into law

well the law giving them home rule was targeting them specifically…

Not true. There are other businesses in Florida with the same type of agreement. Those are not being targeted, thus they are going after Disney for nothing but political reasons, and they are proud of that fact

The measure would also prevent Disney from using taxpayer dollars to pay off the district’s outstanding debts and bond obligations.

In 1966, Disney invested in an undeveloped parcel in Orange County FL. Rather than expect the state to invest in infrastructure, Disney assumed the burden, issued bonds and performed continued maintenance and expansion. In return, they were given control over the area.

Now, the state is seizing control of the area without assuming any of the debt or responsibilities

I don’t think it will survive a court challenge

The State has a contract with Disney for control of the area.
Disney has made a heavy investment in infrastructure
I don’t think the state can arbitrarily change the terms of the contract.

Disney has some of the best lawyers in the country. I am sure they will not meekly submit to the DeSantis Temper Tantrum
Fuck Disney, sell your Disney stocks.

Fuck Disney, sell your Disney stocks.

Disney made Central Florida.

Prior to Disney investment, the area was orange groves and cattle farms.
Now, Central Florida is a thriving metropolis and Orlando is a destination

Last edited:
The measure would also prevent Disney from using taxpayer dollars to pay off the district’s outstanding debts and bond obligations.

In 1966, Disney invested in an undeveloped parcel in Orange County FL. Rather than expect the state to invest in infrastructure, Disney assumed the burden, issued bonds and performed continued maintenance and expansion. In return, they were given control over the area.

Now, the state is seizing control of the area without assuming any of the debt or responsibilities

I don’t think it will survive a court challenge

Yep, no way the state can take control without taking on the debt as well. This is just posturing by the Repubs looking to get past the embarrassment of the last week in Congress.

Not true. There are other businesses in Florida with the same type of agreement. Those are not being targeted, thus they are going after Disney for nothing but political reasons, and they are proud of that fact
name the other companies that have home rule

this was a law passed by the state house, elected my rhe people, and signed by the gov. like all other laws

not surprised how a demafasict doesn’t recognize democracy though
Stupid is all you are representing, Democracy is where the population votes directly on the issue.

Forum List

Back