Disappointed in God

Let's turn that back around on you:

What non-physical proof would you accept that Christianity is all myth, and Hinduism is correct?
Both religions believe in God, dummy. So both are correct. Maybe you were thinking of your religion; the religion of atheism.

Testimony: a public recounting of a religious experience.

then you should be able to provide the etched tablets from heaven the desert religions claim provide 10 commandments inscribed on their surface as proof for the christian religion and the c bible in not a work of forgeries and fallacies found on nearly every page of that document.

then you should be able to provide the etched tablets from heaven the desert religions claim provide 10 commandments inscribed on their surface as proof for the christian religion and the c bible in not a work of forgeries and fallacies found on nearly every page of that document.
Don't you mean the Jewish religion?

What tangible evidence do you have for your religion?

I have 24,000 written manuscripts.

Then define your terms. Be very specific. Unless you like wasting everyone's time, including yours.
This is a waste of time. I have given this account before. I was in Church one evening. Not the time I usually went to Mass so I knew no one there. I was praying before Mass started when these words filled my mind (what you label voices in one's head). They asked me to tell the woman who was sitting several pews ahead of me on the opposite of the church she should visit her son.

I told God, if He could tell me, he could certainly tell that woman. But it was definite. I was to deliver the message.

Yes, I needed a sign. After all, maybe it was just a voice in my head. ;) The lady was wearing a hat. Now ladies who wear hats to church do not remove them the entire time. The sign I wanted was for the lady to remove her hat before she went up to communion. Communion time came. The lady rose, wearing her hat, and walked to the end of the pew towards the aisle. Just as she reached the aisle, she suddenly removed her hat and placed it on the little girl she was with.

So yes, after Mass, I approached the woman and said, "This may sound very strange, but I when I was praying I was told I should tell you that you should go on that visit.

Her entire face lit up. "I haven't been able to make up my mind about that! I keep talking myself out of it! Thank you so much!"

The end.

Note that I was not told to go and convert Hindus, that God created everything, or where the Ark of the Covenant is hidden. I cannot prove to you this event even happened because I don't the woman, never saw her again (we moved). I can only give you my testimony.

Once I was praying about the Book of Mormon. The words this time were, "The Book of Mormon is not for you." Notice it was very specific. The Book wasn't meant for me, but that didn't mean it wasn't meant for thousands of others. Neither was there any mention that I should convert Hindus, that God created everything, or where the Ark of the Covenant is hidden.

Every little experience I've had of God is just that. Little. You want me to imagine a situation where Hindu is meant for everyone and Christianity is meant for no one. Read the Bible. Or any other Holy Book. The Testimonies are of God working in small ways, of working briefly, with every day individuals.

You dismiss us all. You would Hindus, too. I would not. And, I am convinced still, The Book of Mormon is meant for others. Just not me. God meets us where we are. And I was someplace else.

Don't you mean the Jewish religion?

What tangible evidence do you have for your religion?

I have 24,000 written manuscripts.
then you should be able to provide the etched tablets from heaven the desert religions claim provide 10 commandments inscribed on their surface

moses, judaism place themselves above the heavens for moses to have destroyed their heavenly tablets - obviously they never existed and what is written in all 3 desert religion documents are forgeries.

the spoken parable of noah is the tangible origin for the prescribed religion of antiquity that has no provision for a messiah - and was the reiteration by the 1st century itinerant, liberation theology, self determination that concluded with their crucifixion and the reasons what they were willing to die for.

24k manuscripts is a fallacy just as tablets etched in heaven inscribed with commandments never existed. the spoken religion of antiquity is only six words in length or 10 words for the golden rule.

the desert religions are nothing more than select political drama.

moses, judaism place themselves above the heavens for moses to have destroyed their heavenly tablets - obviously they never existed and what is written in all 3 desert religion documents are forgeries.

the spoken parable of noah is the tangible origin for the prescribed religion of antiquity that has no provision for a messiah - and was the reiteration by the 1st century itinerant, liberation theology, self determination that concluded with their crucifixion and the reasons what they were willing to die for.

24k manuscripts is a fallacy just as tablets etched in heaven inscribed with commandments never existed. the spoken religion of antiquity is only six words in length or 10 words for the golden rule.

the desert religions are nothing more than select political drama.
Where is your tangible document? Where is your tablet written in stone, dummy.

... or where the Ark of the Covenant is hidden.

oh, of course, sure - would that also contain the pieces left of the etched tablets from heaven - that were destroyed by moses ... hidden, what a coincidence - certainly soon to be "found" its only been 4000k years.

Where is your tangible document? Where is your tablet written in stone, dummy.
then you should be able to provide the etched tablets from heaven the desert religions claim provide 10 commandments inscribed on their surface as proof for the christian religion

just a photo would suffice ...

ours is the spoken religion, not a 10000 pg document written 400 years past the event ... after the original followers were persecuted to death.

just a photo would suffice ...

ours is the spoken religion, not a 10000 pg document written 400 years past the event ... after the original followers were persecuted to death.
Dude, you don't have squat other than a chapter in a book of the Torah. I have 24,000 written manuscripts and 3000 years of history.

Dude, you don't have squat other than a chapter in a book of the Torah. I have 24,000 written manuscripts and 3000 years of history.
oh, of course, sure - would that also contain the pieces left of the etched tablets from heaven - that were destroyed by moses ... hidden, what a coincidence - certainly soon to be "found" its only been 4000k years.

sure, bing - etched tablets from heaven are - destroyed and their remnants somehow lost - and you have 24k manuscripts that are "copies" of originals that are also - all lost ...

how surprising, seems to be a Pattern here, are we being a little incredulous ... destroyed and lost documents and a book written 400 years past the events being recorded - and that's just christianity.

the 3000k years of the bizarre desert religions and what do they have to show for themselves ... one thing for certain, no physical evidence whatsoever.

sure, bing - etched tablets from heaven are - destroyed and their remnants somehow lost - and you have 24k manuscripts that are "copies" of originals that are also - all lost ...

how surprising, seems to be a Pattern here, are we being a little incredulous ... destroyed and lost documents and a book written 400 years past the events being recorded - and that's just christianity.

the 3000k years of the bizarre desert religions and what do they have to show for themselves ... one thing for certain, no physical evidence whatsoever.
A chapter in a book that you claim is a forgery. That's all you have.

You have never had experiences with any God and you know that. God does not exist and never did. You are totally delusional to say you have and economical with the truth.

You disappointed your father. I bet he thought he raised you better than that.

NOBODY lives forever in this physical life.

I'm old enough that the people before my generation TYPICALLY lived to 55-60. They usually dropped dead of a heart attack or cancer. Your father was typical of his generation.
My father and I realized very early in my life that we didn’t see things the same way on MANY issues. We cleared the air to some degree shortly before he died. We respected each other for being true to our ways of seeing things, even if we disagreed vehemently over them.

Everyone dies. Though the Vietnam generation has generally lived more than 55-60 years. My problem isn’t so much that he died as it is how, when, and the fact that he never got to LiVE before he died. He spent the 54 years (to the day) he was allotted in this world living for everyone else instead of himself. He had finally reached a point where he would be able to live for himself and my mother alone only to have his life ended. It’s a shame to see a life wasted like that.

A chapter in a book that you claim is a forgery. That's all you have.

not sure why a "chapter" is relevant, the c bible is littered with forgeries to shape its agenda of servitude - the 1st century events were for liberation theology, self determination the true events of the garden of eden - it is the c bible that is in error not the prescribed religion of antiquity and is the objective to remedy those errors you seem at odds with - too bad for you.

not sure why a "chapter" is relevant, the c bible is littered with forgeries to shape its agenda of servitude - the 1st century events were for liberation theology, self determination the true events of the garden of eden - it is the c bible that is in error not the prescribed religion of antiquity and is the objective to remedy those errors you seem at odds with - too bad for you.
Because that chapter is apparently the only basis for your so-called religion of antiquity, dummy.

Because that chapter is apparently the only basis for your so-called religion of antiquity, dummy.

the true story of eden, choosing self determination over servitude as the awakening for all beings on Earth to the disintegration of humanity to near extinction is in fact the book where the extension is an unearned prologue where again humanities fate culminated with a crucifixion followed by an equally nefarious book circumventing the 1st century events reiterating the prescribed religion of antiquity for their own selfcentered and unjust agenda.

the desert religions do not exist but for their own manufactured documents.

the true story of eden, choosing self determination over servitude as the awakening for all beings on Earth to the disintegration of humanity to near extinction is in fact the book where the extension is an unearned prologue where again humanities fate culminated with a crucifixion followed by an equally nefarious book circumventing the 1st century events reiterating the prescribed religion of antiquity for their own selfcentered and unjust agenda.

the desert religions do not exist but for their own manufactured documents.
Which you know about how?

aha.gif

My father and I really never got along. We patched things up to some degree the weekend before he died, but just based on our attitudes and personalities we were never going to be best friends.

He was a gift. A gift that I wasted for two and a half decades. It was really only after his death that I realized how much I wasted by my half of our feud.
My father is dead, and, he was not a parent. Biologically, my father, but I have not regrets about how things happened. If people care you will be a priority, if not, you won't be. It's useless to waste energy on those that really don't care.

Not quite. I knew both he and my mother had great qualities to share. The problem was that my father and I had very different views on what was important and we were both too stubborn to open our eyes to each other’s way of viewing things.

He was very hands-on, mechanically oriented, and skilled in the doing of things. I am a very hands-off, pay others to do the mechanical stuff. My mentality is that I make enough money to ensure I don’t have to change the oil in my car or cut my grass. My free time is incredibly valuable and important to me. He could never understand that and it upset him. We are/we’re just very different people. While I was reading a book he wanted to be out doing something.
That's a big problem in society overall. People get angry just because we don't think or act like they do. We need to get past that.

Forum List

Back