Disappointed in God

So you don't believe in the immortal soul?
I believe the body returns to the earth; the spirit returns to God. Our choices here on earth to be with God or to be separated from--or independent of-- Him. We freely choose, God does not force anyone. "Preservation of soul" doesn't cross my mind. The soul is, just as God is.

There are many voices in religion forums stating they need God to show Himself before they can believe. Some tell us they have earnestly sought God.

Other voices tell us that Biblical accounts brought them not to awe and worship, but to active disdain of God.

Specifically, what has causes disappointment in God?
People expect God to do something for them, things that God has already asked people to do for themselves. When nothing happens, they doubt his existence even though the fault lies with themselves. If they ever did what God asks people to do, no one would doubt his existence. All would know God. If God is God and people are imperfect obviously the flaw is not in God.

Jesus said, "Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God". In ancient times people thought that consciousness was seated in the organ of the heart. It is now well known that consciousness is seated in the organ of the brain. It follows then that what Jesus said should read, "Blessed are the pure of mind for they shall see God."

Knowing this it is the individual responsibility of every person alive whether rich or poor, healthy or sick, cop or criminal, gay or straight, young or old, Jew or Gentile,etc, to purify their own minds and become refined if they want proof of God. And the way to a pure life is outlined in mosaic law according to the way that Jesus taught to understand and comply with its demands. For instance Kosher law is clear and detailed instruction on how to stand guard over the sanctity of your own mind by defining what teaching (flesh) is clean or unclean, what informs and edifies and what defiles and contaminates. This is why Jesus said, "Eat my flesh".

It's easy. If you find that your own belly is full of the flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate, you must cleanse your own mind from the terminal effects of "just believing" in dogma and doctrines that make absolutely no rational sense and contradict actual reality to be healed.

If you know anyone like that then let them know, even if its you. It's a matter of life and death.

Last edited:
Sigh. How many times do I have to say it. Proof is a attribute of a physical world. It involves the five senses, and it can be repeated and remeasured. Spiritual events cannot be measured, and are usually not repeated. They are beyond the physical and therefore, beyond scientific proof.

Also, are you defining 'omnipotent' and 'omniscient' correctly? They mean all the power it is possible to have; all the knowledge it is possible to have. In other words, more power and knowledge than we are capable of having.

Not you, but those who question, "Is God so powerful and knowledgeable He can make a rock He cannot lift" is pure ignorance of the meaning of the words and of God.

the above is inaccurate, physiology (physical) is itself a metaphysical substance not native to planet Earth and disappears when its spiritual component is removed.

the spiritual component is witnessed by the progression of physiology, evolution over time.

life on earth is a metaphysical, heavenly spiritual event - and has certain criteria that if not maintained, religion will lead to extinction - known and the same for all living beings on planet Earth.

Jesus never said that. Matthew said it. He lied.

Wait a minute! Let me guess.

You have never seen or heard a single word from the living God in your entire life. Right? Right.

God is God of the living. Do the math. You must be dead. Don't feel too bad. Dead people are everywhere. Walking around like regular people. They do not see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know that they are dead.

You should only concern yourself with the addled condition of your own defiled and contaminated mind. Pointing out the fucked up condition of other peoples back yard doesn't clean up the garbage and rotting filth giving off putrid smells in your own.

If ever you want to join the living, now you know the way.

Last edited:
the itinerant may have made the comment - the fact of the statement is the prescribed, spoken religion of antiquity. and it is the state of purity attained, not a momentary apparition.

Seeing God is not a momentary apparition. Seeing is constant. If you see God you see God within and everywhere you look past present and future. In the sky or on the earth or under a rock.

Seeing God is not a momentary apparition. Seeing is constant. If you see God you see God within and everywhere you look past present and future. In the sky or on the earth or under a rock.
Jesus said, "Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God".

hob, you misread ... those who have triumphed - good vs evil - and as the heart would suggest, good - will be in the heavens to see all, would not just be temporary.

sortof what is said about those that claim to hear a deity - unless they are pure - never happened.

hob, you misread ... those who have triumphed - good vs evil - and as the heart would suggest, good - will be in the heavens to see all, would not just be temporary.

sortof what is said about those that claim to hear a deity - unless they are pure - never happened.

God is a character in a book who says this and that. Seeing and hearing the words of the living God is not about auditory or visual hallucinations. It's about comprehension, the highest aim.

If you comprehend the character in the book you will see him in reality everywhere that you look.

Jesus said, "Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God".
Jesus never said that. Matthew said it. He lied.

You have never seen or heard a single word from the living God in your entire life. Right? Right. .
You have never seen a single signature of God or Jesus on papyrus (or parchment) or a burning bush or men walking on water or rising from the dead or a pregnant virgin your entire life. Right? Right.

You have never seen a single signature of God or Jesus on papyrus (or parchment) or a burning bush or men walking on water or rising from the dead or a pregnant virgin your entire life. Right? Right.
Wrong.

I have seen with my own eyes the dead come to life in droves, tens of millions and counting. I see God's signature on my forehead every single time that I look..I see the burning bush, the Shekhinah, whenever God wants to chat. And you do not want to know what God thinks of people.

BTW I heard that the dirty diapers that Jesus was wearing in the manger is hidden in the vatican somewhere. That's where the expression "holy shit!" comes from. But that's just what I heard.

Last edited:
Wrong.

I have seen with my own eyes the dead come to life in droves, tens of millions and counting. I see God's signature on my forehead every single time that I look..I see the burning bush, the Shekhinah, whenever God wants to chat. And you do not want to know what God thinks of people.
In that case, I stand corrected.

BTW I heard that the dirty diapers that Jesus was wearing in the manger is hidden in the vatican somewhere. That's where the expression "holy shit!" comes from. But that's just what I heard.
Oh. I see. I was under the impression that it was during the carbon dating tests of the Shroud of Turin (in September of 1988) that disclosed its obscure patterns were made of dried, ancient excretion hominin thus giving birth to that expression. It is also known by another term but I do not believe this is the place to mention it. HINT: It is a common American expression for someone who's had too much too drink.

Last edited:
In that case, I stand corrected.

Oh. I see. I was under the impression that it was during the carbon dating tests of the Shroud of Turin (in September of 1988) that disclosed its obscure patterns were made of dried, ancient excretion hominin thus giving birth to that expression. It is also known by another term but I do not believe this is the place to mention it. HINT: It is a common American expression for someone who's had too much too drink.

No, the origin of the expression is much older than that. It comes from the latin, Copra Sanctum, at first used by pagans in some bloody sacrificial ritual under "oracle hill", vatic-anus, the anus of the earth, from where all holy shit is excreted...

Last edited:
No, the origin of the expression is much older than that. It comes from the latin, Copra Sanctum, at first used by pagans in some bloody sacrificial ritual under "oracle hill", vatic-anus, the anus of the earth, from where all holy shit is excreted...
I thought I was the 'smartest ass' on this forum. I was wrong. The drinks are on me. :beer:

I believe the body returns to the earth; the spirit returns to God. Our choices here on earth to be with God or to be separated from--or independent of-- Him. We freely choose, God does not force anyone. "Preservation of soul" doesn't cross my mind. The soul is, just as God is.
So then you think what makes you you lives forever?

So then you think what makes you you lives forever?
I believe humans are made of body, mind, and spirit. That which is physical returns to the earth; that which is spirit returns to God. Those who believe humans are only made of body and mind, believe death is their end point.

I believe humans are made of body, mind, and spirit. That which is physical returns to the earth; that which is spirit returns to God. Those who believe humans are only made of body and mind, believe death is their end point.
So you think that what makes you you lives forever?

Is what you call your spirit (soul?) unique to you?

And I don't believe in souls but death isn't necessarily an end point.

All the matter and energy that makes up a person is never destroyed and will become part of something else.

What you call body mind and spirit are not separate things. They are all parts of one human body.

People can believe that they will live forever if they go to church every Sunday but even you, as bad as you are, know this is no guarantee of a place in the next world.. Likewise atheists might believe that there is nothing after death just like they remember nothing before birth but even you, as bad as you are, know this is no guarantee that they will not have a place in the next world.

Belief is irrelevant. Stop selling "beliefs" that you, as bad as you are, do not know is the truth. To mislead others whether you have made great errors in your own speculations or were misled yourself amounts to intentional sin. You, as bad as you are, already know the consequences.

How one lives their life is the only determinate whatever people believe or don't believe and God, even if no one believes in his existence, is the only judge as to who proceeds to eternal life and who is left behind to try yet again and again and again to get it right, if ever, on this screwed up planet, a maximum security prison asylum for absurd, criminally insane, reprobate creatures.

Last edited:
All the matter and energy that makes up a person is never destroyed and will become part of something else.
I understand. I had a friend with the same belief. He referred to it as the snowflake theory.

Forum List

Back