Disappearing brick & mortar.

jackflash

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2020
USA
Spokane has lost three more brick & mortar(B&M) outlets. Two of those closed B&M outlets belonged to the "White Elephant", one on Division st. & the other outlet located out east in Spokane Valley. Pier 51 Imports is closing it's doors also which is located just a few blocks south of the now closed White Elephant on Division st. If this trend keeps going unemployment could become a real problem not to mention LOST LOCAL TAXATION(revenue). Will taxation & government programs have to be rolled back, or worse for many, eliminated??? Or will Americans have to surrender their Liberties to a cashless based dictatorial command & control government like north Korea because of a lack of both income & growth? Quality of life replaced by labor camps? Can labor robots provide an income for everyone of us? I travel east on Sprague ave. in Spokane & can't help noticing the vacant ot partially vacant strip malls. Even the "Boyd Walker Sewing Machine Company" store on the corner of Sprague & Napa is gone. They specialized in PFAFF(pfaff got bought out also) brand sewing machines. I bought my first PFAFF model 145-3 power machine for doing auto upholstery @ Boyd Walker clear back in 1970. Boyd Walker gone. Pfaff gone, both replaced by/with online disposable inexpensive Chinese made copies. Is this all politically inspired??? Are our elected officials being purchased by mega corporations that in turn are devoured by even more powerful mega corporations? If this is possible I then have to ask... where does it all end up for us???

Spokane has lost three more brick & mortar(B&M) outlets. Two of those closed B&M outlets belonged to the "White Elephant", one on Division st. & the other outlet located out east in Spokane Valley. Pier 51 Imports is closing it's doors also which is located just a few blocks south of the now closed White Elephant on Division st. If this trend keeps going unemployment could become a real problem not to mention LOST LOCAL TAXATION(revenue). Will taxation & government programs have to be rolled back, or worse for many, eliminated??? Or will Americans have to surrender their Liberties to a cashless based dictatorial command & control government like north Korea because of a lack of both income & growth? Quality of life replaced by labor camps? Can labor robots provide an income for everyone of us? I travel east on Sprague ave. in Spokane & can't help noticing the vacant ot partially vacant strip malls. Even the "Boyd Walker Sewing Machine Company" store on the corner of Sprague & Napa is gone. They specialized in PFAFF(pfaff got bought out also) brand sewing machines. I bought my first PFAFF model 145-3 power machine for doing auto upholstery @ Boyd Walker clear back in 1970. Boyd Walker gone. Pfaff gone, both replaced by/with online disposable inexpensive Chinese made copies. Is this all politically inspired??? Are our elected officials being purchased by mega corporations that in turn are devoured by even more powerful mega corporations? If this is possible I then have to ask... where does it all end up for us???
Deal with it! I'm scared!

It ends with a corporate oligarchy, where corporations are all powerful, and control who works and who doesn't. Those who are compliant, reliable and "don't make trouble", will be given subsistence wages, but not enough to go out on their own, or do more than provide a basic life. The middle class will be prisoners to their student debt all of their working life.

You voted for this with your tax cuts for billionaires. I don't know why Republican voters fail to understand this.

It's gotten so crazy that one prominent economic interventionist even asked the Fed for negative interest rates.

It ends with a corporate oligarchy, where corporations are all powerful, and control who works and who doesn't. Those who are compliant, reliable and "don't make trouble", will be given subsistence wages, but not enough to go out on their own, or do more than provide a basic life. The middle class will be prisoners to their student debt all of their working life.
You voted for this with your tax cuts for billionaires. I don't know why Republican voters fail to understand this.

Um....and yet you Lefties worship at the Mega Corporate alters of CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS etc etc

Go figure

The tax cuts don't hurt small businesses, you absolute moron, nor are they the reason why small businesses are going under and clearing the field for large corporations.

YOU voted for the corporate oligarchy when you decided that we need to stay closed either until the virus starves or we do.

See, a small business with one location that has to close one location makes no income during Covid. A multinational corporation closes locations where lockdowns are occuring, but where they aren't, that corporation stays open. Along with the benefits in foreign labor prices and access to supplies and materials from cheaper foreign markets that only factor into existing shipping routes, those large corporations absorb the loss of the locations that they have to close FAR more effectively than their tiny counterparts.

So you see, the longer we stay locked down, the more small competitors go under when they can't continue to maintain their infrastructure with no income, and the mega-corporations scoop up all that market share.

If you activate at least two brain cells to rub together, you'll realize that the days of the American left representing the little guy against the uber-wealthy are long gone. Now the left openly despises the working class and regurgitates endless apologia for any mega corporation whose advertising and HR departments adopt the right political rhetoric. Over and over again you folks prove that the only REAL goal of progressivism is the perpetuation of progressivism.

Nah...the middle class will bail.
They'll just move to greener pastures where there's work.

Um....and yet you Lefties worship at the Mega Corporate alters of CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS etc etc

Go figure
Don't forget the Golden Idol itself, Google the God Corp.

Let's worship at the idol of Don't Be Evil while actively helping the Chinese suppress dissenters.

I don't mind handing a tiny handful of billionaires absolute power over the flow of information, as long as they'll own the bad orange man for me!

Go figure

Let's worship at the idol of Don't Be Evil while actively helping the Chinese suppress dissenters.

I don't mind handing a tiny handful of billionaires absolute power over the flow of information, as long as they'll own the bad orange man for me!

What??

Go figure

What??
What I said was. . .

Go figure

What??
What I said was. . .

How do they 'own the bad orange man" ?

The tax cuts don't hurt small businesses, you absolute moron, nor are they the reason why small businesses are going under and clearing the field for large corporations.

YOU voted for the corporate oligarchy when you decided that we need to stay closed either until the virus starves or we do.

See, a small business with one location that has to close one location makes no income during Covid. A multinational corporation closes locations where lockdowns are occuring, but where they aren't, that corporation stays open. Along with the benefits in foreign labor prices and access to supplies and materials from cheaper foreign markets that only factor into existing shipping routes, those large corporations absorb the loss of the locations that they have to close FAR more effectively than their tiny counterparts.

So you see, the longer we stay locked down, the more small competitors go under when they can't continue to maintain their infrastructure with no income, and the mega-corporations scoop up all that market share.

If you activate at least two brain cells to rub together, you'll realize that the days of the American left representing the little guy against the uber-wealthy are long gone. Now the left openly despises the working class and regurgitates endless apologia for any mega corporation whose advertising and HR departments adopt the right political rhetoric. Over and over again you folks prove that the only REAL goal of progressivism is the perpetuation of progressivism.
And those corporation may spew the progressive mantra but they DO NOT practice what they are preaching when it comes to employees.

Go figure

What??
What I said was. . .

How do they 'own the bad orange man" ?
By deplatforming his supporters in the months leading up to the general election, under the auspices of "hate speech" violations or, more recently, for contradicting WHO recommendations. You know, since their advice has been so spot on throughout the most pivotal moments of this pandemic.

And those corporation may spew the progressive mantra but they DO NOT practice what they are preaching when it comes to employees.
Right?

Nike uses POC child slave labor to make their shoes, but as long as they take the knee for BLM and virtue signal about how much they support Kaepernick, they can do no wrong.

These virtuous champions of empathy telling us how morally superior they are stink to high fuckin heaven.

The middle class will be prisoners to their student debt all of their working life.

Obama had the government take over student lending.

Did that moron make things worse?

I am not a spokesperson for the rich. We are taxed very high in this nation. Most of our money goes from one working class/peasant to another. It is difficult to compete with other nations to produce and build things. To do that again we would have to accept the fact we have to pay more for goods. And those who love larger and larger government do not want that as people will question the already high taxes while paying more for everyday living.

The ones fighting against corporate oligarchy are Republicans. Leftwingers are using large corporations to push their Agenda and silence conservatives. Big Tech are all run by left wing lunatics, they censor conservative voices on social media, they get people fired from their jobs for not sharing their views. Look at how the NBA is kissing China’s ass and will admonish and silence any of their employees that dares to criticize China. Big video game companies like Blizzard are in bed with China and will ban gamers if they criticize China. Nike is throwing tens of millions at the Marxist movement otherwise known as “BLM”: they gave them $40 million while laying off 500 employees.

It’s funny you would even bring up student loan debt, since it was the Hussein that completely changed it and fucked it up even more. Even CNN had to concede the point: Obama's student loan policy is costing twice as much as expected

Of course you wouldn’t know what is really happening in this country because you’re just a dumb c*** from Canada, and all you do is regurgitate liberal MSM talking points. How many threads have you started about your corrupt Cuck boy Turdeau and his WE Charity? Zero.

Forum List

Back