Dirty Harry

I saw rory reid on some tv show I think it was ralston reports and rory claimed he had nothing to do with any solar company
given rory's back ground I would have though may be he would be a dem wiht integrity but so said he's a liar just like his daddy obama

This is our good old Rory.....POS...

"By Scott Wyland and Laura MyersLAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

CARSON CITY -- Former Clark County Commissioner Rory Reid agreed to pay a $25,000 penalty from his own pocket to settle accusations he skirted campaign finance laws, under a deal the secretary of state announced Friday.

Reid was accused of funneling more than $900,000 to his gubernatorial campaign last year through 90 shell organizations in an effort to bypass limits on political donations.

The scheme was described as "conduit contributions," an illegal practice that aims to mask the true source of the money.

Reid, a Democrat who lost the governor's race to Republican Brian Sandoval, will pay the fine with his own money and not from campaign funds.

In an interview Friday, Reid denied wrongdoing and said he settled to avoid years of litigation.

"I'm gratified that they didn't find willful misconduct on my part," Reid said. "I followed the law. This settlement is an acknowledgment that the law was vague."

Two others involved in Reid's campaign, David Cohen and Joanna Paul, must pay a total of $2,500.

"My office has thoroughly reviewed the facts relating to this case with the full cooperation of the interested parties," Secretary of State Ross Miller said in a news release. "This negotiated settlement ensures the public of my intention to vigorously enforce Nevada's elections laws."

Reid's $25,000 fine is one of the largest involving a state political campaign in Nevada.

Zachary Triggs was issued a $54,000 judgment in 2009 for failing to file campaign funding reports when he ran for Washoe County clerk. About $15,000 of it was a fine, and $39,000 was to cover legal fees, interest and other costs.

Reid served two terms as county commissioner and is the son of U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev."

Rory Reid to pay $25,000 fine in PAC case | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Forum List

Back