Dire Warning On Coming Food Shortage

I don't know if you've noticed, but quite a few food processing plants have been evaporating.

Not saying there's a grand conspiracy here, but the "coincidences" are alarming.
Some have caught fire. Some have been in crap state for so long with no money for R&M that it's best that they do shudder.

And since I got out of commodities I haven't done a complete analysis of the Forex vs commodity prices yet to figure out if reinvestment in food processing is desirable yet.

The numbers for food processing investment have been crap for so long that the facilities all are in crap shape. A lot of it is touchless (done by automation) as well.

Pre-packaged salads have been hanging on by a thread....same as meat processing. The demand in the grocery stores wasn't enough to offset the shutting down and now bankruptcy of the foodservice industry.

So....an industrial electrician fluent in motor controls and pneumatics is going to be just fine. But there aren't many of those running around anymore.

Farmers have been talking and discussing the coming food shortages. California has cut off water to the farms because the drought of the last 20+ years has finally hit rock bottom. Lake Mead is only one indicator. There are plenty of others.

The Southeast and Midwest have been doing OK last I looked. I'm not sure about Brazil because I haven't looked in a while. Last year's crops were crap. (I made out like a bandit on commodities last year)

Yes, grow a garden...you probably need to.

Alsoplustoo, for all of you building a modest stockpile, go to paint stores and find out where there are big hotel construction/remodel jobs going on....They're a good place to get your hands on 5-gallon buckets with lids for nice air tight storage....Though you may have to clean them out, the effort is worth it.
I use food grade buckets and Gamma Seals.....I have some that are pushing 20 years old and they still work fine.

The fact that they come in different colors saves a lot of labeling too.

Gamma Seal Lids

Alsoplustoo, for all of you building a modest stockpile, go to paint stores and find out where there are big hotel construction/remodel jobs going on....They're a good place to get your hands on 5-gallon buckets with lids for nice air tight storage....Though you may have to clean them out, the effort is worth it.
Why not just buy them? Goddamn, they are not expensive.

I'm loading up my 5 gallon buckets with McDonalds cheeseburgers.

I use food grade buckets and Gamma Seals.....I have some that are pushing 20 years old and they still work fine.

Gamma Seal Lids

Problem with that is once you open the bucket the food has to all be used, you cannot store it again.

We use mylar bags with oxygen absorbers and put the bags inside the 5 gallon buckets for safe keeping. That way you can control how much your expose to the air at one time.

My bomb cellar is stocked to the ceiling with canned goods and bottled water.
6kdnbe.jpg

Problem with that is once you open the bucket the food has to all be used, you cannot store it again.

We use mylar bags with oxygen absorbers and put the bags inside the 5 gallon buckets for safe keeping. That way you can control how much your expose to the air at one time.
Sure, that goes without saying.....Gotta try to keep it simple for most folks here.....Well the dems anyway. ;)

Thats really not an issue.
You wont be opening them unless you have to. And once opened you'll go through the contents well before it goes bad.
We do use the mylar bags along with the gamma lids. It really depends on what you're storing as to whether you need to go that route.

You wont be opening them unless you have to. And once opened you'll go through the contents well before it goes bad.
We do use the mylar bags along with the gamma lids. It really depends on what you're storing as to whether you need to go that route.
Don't mind GG....he still thinks that we are in the greatest recovery comeback still after Trump left office. His future is so bright he needs sunglasses.

Of course he doesn't realize that the brightness is coming from a nuclear explosion of his neighbor.

I find it best to have more control over what I open and how much. This way if I need to use it I do not need to eat a whole 5 gallon bucket of something before opening something else.

It is worth the bit of extra time to do it this way.

Don't mind GG....he still thinks that we are in the greatest recovery comeback still after Trump left office. His future is so bright he needs sunglasses.

Of course he doesn't realize that the brightness is coming from a nuclear explosion of his neighbor.

You are so damn cute. It just burns your butt that I refuse to be a chicken little like you.

But hey, you keep hiding in your bunker, it seems to fit you well.

They have O rings on them....They're air tight even after opened.

Get back in your fucking lane.

They have O rings on them....They're air tight even after opened.

Get back in your fucking lane.

and every time you open them air gets in them. Putting the lid back on just traps the air in there.

you can buy 100 mylar bags for 20 bucks and O2 absorbers for for less than that.

Why not do it right if you are doing to do it at all?

Do you do everything in such a half ass manner?

The US won't have any major food shortages.
There will only be minor problems.
The big problems will be in the third world countries.
This is all the result of hysterical left wing climate change policies.

The US won't have any major food shortages.
There will only be minor problems.
The big problems will be in the third world countries.
This is all the result of hysterical left wing climate change policies.
Pasta aisles right here are empty now.

It's foolhardy to assume that the shortages are going to stop there.

And why take the chance?
We dont know how far this engineered food shortage is going to go at this point.
It's no different than having fire extinguishers,home and auto insurance,medical insurance and plenty of ammo.
If this was a nature induced issue I'd feel a little better about it.

the shortages will be caused by panic buying, just like during hurricanes
it's OK to be prepared, but mass panic is a real problem

Forum List

Back