Dimocrat policies strand nearly a half million shipping containers off California coast

It was a GOP policy when Trump's CDC instituted it.
Not for the length of time that it took place. Many "red" states got rid of it early. They are faring much better in that regard but the coastal states who really need the drivers, especially in Cali they had it in there for so long that many drivers just retired.

Many "red" states got rid of it early. They are faring much better in that regard but the coastal states

as I told the poster above, I have heard this said many times, but never found any data to support it. I will have to dig more after work.

busybee01
You idiot. They are being paid big bucks to sit home. Much more than they would make by working. None of them are in any hurry to get back to work.

Businesses are hiring all across the country. Lots of open jobs.

What Democratic Party policy is keeping ships from being unloaded? There is no special UE benefits that are long term currently, yet there was during Trump and the ships did not get unloaded then in a fashion you demand.
then why do we have soamy who can't get into Port?

L
Depending on which site you go by, the average longshoreman in Cali makes about 26 bucks an hour with good benefits thanks to unions. That is roughly 55 grand for the average annual salary. That seems pretty good for a job that requires very little skill other than the willingness to work hard
Longshoremen don't work that hard anymore. They operate cranes and forklifts, they don't carry stuff anymore.

Dimocrats are the ones who continually work to keep workers away from the work place.

Remember when Dimocrat lawmakers were talking about using the Covid crisis to get the wishlist agenda through?
By continually keeping the Covid unemployment benefits going, it's forced employers to increase wages in order to coax people away from their Lazyboy recliners.
This was the plan all along.
I never let anyone stand in my way to exist in the USA, if there is a will, and a body that is capable, they will find a way.

To your point data will lag but clients in NC, SC and Fla aren't having the same issues as my clients in MA, NY and NH.

True, they will....but I will always choose data over anecdotal stories.

Also, interesting that NH is not having the same issues as the others since they cut the extra benefits on June 16th and NC let them run their course

True, they will....but I will always choose data over anecdotal stories.

Also, interesting that NH is not having the same issues as the others since they cut the extra benefits on June 16th and NC let them run their course
Issue with NH is finding workers. Cost of living is relatively cheap and workers collected a good amount during the Govt handouts so they are taking time off. So weird. So my clients have to hire temps, which costs a lot more. Part of the issue is that unemployment and lack of rent requirements was so lucrative that many saved a lot of $$. Additionally lack of truck drivers exacerbates supply chain issues.

Issue with NH is finding workers. Cost of living is relatively cheap and workers collected a good amount during the Govt handouts so they are taking time off. So weird. So my clients have to hire temps, which costs a lot more. Part of the issue is that unemployment and lack of rent requirements was so lucrative that many saved a lot of $$. Additionally lack of truck drivers exacerbates supply chain issues.

It is almost as if ending the extra money had no effect at all.

Forum List

Back