DIGGING DEEPER: Tucson ties to Operation Crystal Shield

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
When it comes to drug smuggling, Arizona is considered a major hub.

The Drug Enforcement Administration recently announced the results of Operation Crystal Shield - a six-month operation targeting Mexican trafficking organizations in the United States.

News 4 Tucson's Digging Deeper Team learned when it comes smuggling meth, all roads lead to Tucson.

Interstate 19 is one of the four corridors identified by the DEA used by Mexican cartels to smuggle drugs, especially meth.

Recently as part of Operation Crystal Shield, agents stopped a white van that was traveling on I-19. It had several hidden compartments.

Inside the agents discovered 275 pounds of methamphetamine, 10 pounds of cocaine, five pounds of heroin and two weapons.

I can't believe I missed this article. I am glad that they nailed them. However, nobody should be confused and pretend all of meth is smuggled. That's stupid. People can and do make it in a soda pop bottle. Perhaps we can have the conversation about the problems with meth in the US without the powers that be trying to change the message to opiates.

Forum List

Back