Diesel-Electric Retrofit Kit for Pickups - Everything You Want To Know

progressive hunter

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2018
this is a kit the guy from edison motors is doing for retrofitting old trucks with a hybrid system,
some of the numbers I have heard him say is 700 hp with over 2000 lbs of torque in the bigger systems,,

he goes through it pretty good in the video,,

Bump for new tech news! I hope they go public! (fat chance)

Diesel-electric isn't new tech. We've been using diesel-electric locomotives since the 1920s. Today, practically every locomotive on the tracks in America is diesel-electric.
I'm aware of that, yet it has never been used for cars/trucks.

Like I said, I was already thinking about it.

A retrofit kit for production trucks is very cool!

Diesel-electric isn't new tech. We've been using diesel-electric locomotives since the 1920s. Today, practically every locomotive on the tracks in America is diesel-electric.
and now we have people retrofitting old trucks with a bolt on kit that produce up to 700 hp and 2000 lbs of torque,, if not more,,

one of the differences in using the same system as trains use in street vehicles is trains hold a constant speed and dont throttle up and down 20 times a minute,,
this system uses a battery to run the motor and the diesel only charges the batteries,, so it never throttles up and down and can run at peak power with lower long term wear and lower fuel costs

Forum List

Back