Didn't Iraq claim they needed no Coalition help with Tikrit?

Ok looks like all that happened was that Iraq never ask for help. They are now and we will most likely provide it.

so much BS, so little time in the day ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

`````````````````

There is a minimum amount of Daesh fighters in Tikrit,” said Alaa Makki, a former lawmaker and a member of the mostly Sunni Islamic Party, using an Arabic acronym for the Islamic State group, also known as ISIS or ISIL. “They are controlling the situation there — wow!”

But Mohammed Salem al-Ghabban, Iraq’s interior minister, said the pause was deliberate and temporary.

“We want to give the people of Tikrit the chance to evacuate their areas in order to save their lives, and also to try as much as possible to preserve the infrastructure of the city,” he said in an interview on the state television channel Al Iraqiya.

“We don’t want the city to be destroyed, and we want to try to reduce the number of casualties among the security forces,” he added.

Last I heard, ONE American wounded was the sum total of US casualties related to the offensive against ISIS in Tikrit.

Sane Americans, I assume, are happy.

Iraq army says coalition raids needed in Tikrit battle - Yahoo News

I will look but seemed to me a while back the Iraqis claimed they would need no Coalition help taking Tikrit.
i'm glad you are watching this, it's as important 2day as it was on 911..
and thank you gunny for your service to this fine nation.

Al Maliki I Government - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Malaki is/was a nightmare..winston churchill's degaulle.

same corrupt situation as afghanastan.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back